Internal Void raito

Asked by SayedHessam on 2018-07-25

Hi guys,

I have a question about the clumps that I modelled using YADE. my question is about the existing internal void ratio of this clump because I would like to know is it possible to consider the internal void ratio in YADE? In a simple format, how can I calculate the internal void ratio of my clumps by YADE?

Cheers
Sam

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Expired
For:
Yade Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2018-12-13
Last reply:
2018-12-29
Jan Stránský (honzik) said : #1

Hi Sam,

> how can I calculate the internal void ratio of my clumps by YADE?

volume_void / volume_solid ? :-)

to give you some more valuable answer, please be more specific, e.g.:

> the clumps that I modelled using YADE

are the particles overlapping or not? spherical or other shapes? ...

> is it possible to consider the internal void ratio in YADE?

yes, it is possible to consider it.. how would you like / need to consider it?

cheers
Jan

Chareyre (bruno-chareyre-9) said : #2

Hi, what is the envelope of a clump that would give total volume in the
void ratio?
Bruno

Le jeu. 26 juil. 2018 09:33, Jan Stránský <
<email address hidden>> a écrit :

> Question #671104 on Yade changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/671104
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
> Jan Stránský requested more information:
> Hi Sam,
>
> > how can I calculate the internal void ratio of my clumps by YADE?
>
> volume_void / volume_solid ? :-)
>
> to give you some more valuable answer, please be more specific, e.g.:
>
> > the clumps that I modelled using YADE
>
> are the particles overlapping or not? spherical or other shapes? ...
>
> > is it possible to consider the internal void ratio in YADE?
>
> yes, it is possible to consider it.. how would you like / need to
> consider it?
>
> cheers
> Jan
>
> --
> You received this question notification because your team yade-users is
> an answer contact for Yade.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~yade-users
> Post to : <email address hidden>
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~yade-users
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

SayedHessam (samb6661) said : #3

Thanks, Jan,

I used the ODEC (Overlapping) method to generate the clumps. But in reality, some of the particles that I modelled got some internal voids ratio, and I'd like to know how can I consider this voids in clumps with YADE? if it is possible how can I do that and how can I control this ratio in particles?

Regards
Sam

Hi,
I find the question unclear. If the expected output is not clearly defined (e.g. how do you define the external volume of a clump?) it is not possible to propose an algorithm.
Bruno

Launchpad Janitor (janitor) said : #5

This question was expired because it remained in the 'Open' state without activity for the last 15 days.