computer does not detect the card reader

Asked by Viorel on 2015-05-04

When I connect SD card reader, the computer does not detect it. What can I do to detect it.

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
Ubuntu nautilus Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2015-05-07
Last reply:
2015-05-07
arochester (arochester) said : #1

It does not detect the card reader - it detects the card in the reader. How is the card formatted?

Viorel (viorelpreda67) said : #2

I worked with him in windows first time.

2015-05-04 14:46 GMT+03:00 arochester <email address hidden>
:

> Your question #266407 on nautilus in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+question/266407
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
> arochester requested more information:
> It does not detect the card reader - it detects the card in the reader.
> How is the card formatted?
>
> --
> To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
> this email or enter your reply at the following page:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+question/266407
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

--
Viorel Preda

Is it a USB based or part of the system?
Does the system have a make and model?
What is the output of:

lsb_release -a; uname -a; lsusb

Thanks

Viorel (viorelpreda67) said : #4

It is an USB card reader.
Thanks

2015-05-04 15:16 GMT+03:00 actionparsnip <
<email address hidden>>:

> Your question #266407 on nautilus in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+question/266407
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
> actionparsnip requested more information:
> Is it a USB based or part of the system?
> Does the system have a make and model?
> What is the output of:
>
> lsb_release -a; uname -a; lsusb
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
> this email or enter your reply at the following page:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+question/266407
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

--
Viorel Preda

What is the output of the command I gave please

Viorel (viorelpreda67) said : #6

I do not understand so well english, what do I must do to fix the problem?

2015-05-04 15:26 GMT+03:00 actionparsnip <
<email address hidden>>:

> Your question #266407 on nautilus in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+question/266407
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
> actionparsnip requested more information:
> What is the output of the command I gave please
>
> --
> To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
> this email or enter your reply at the following page:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+question/266407
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

--
Viorel Preda

Copy the command I gave and press CTRL +ALT +T
Paste the text to the terminal and press ENTER
Copy the output and paste as an update on
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+question/266407

Viorel (viorelpreda67) said : #8

Hello, sorry about the pause, what is the command that you gave me?

2015-05-04 16:11 GMT+03:00 actionparsnip <
<email address hidden>>:

> Your question #266407 on nautilus in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+question/266407
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
> actionparsnip requested more information:
> Copy the command I gave and press CTRL +ALT +T
> Paste the text to the terminal and press ENTER
> Copy the output and paste as an update on
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+question/266407
>
> --
> To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
> this email or enter your reply at the following page:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+question/266407
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

--
Viorel Preda

Manfred Hampl (m-hampl) said : #9

See your question document https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+question/266407

lsb_release -a; uname -a; lsusb

Viorel (viorelpreda67) said : #10

When I want to try, mean time I put the sd reader, and it fixed. Thank all very much. Have a good day.

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask Viorel for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.