installing creative web cam

Asked by toddlanteigne on 2013-01-21

how do i install a creative live webcam

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
Ubuntu hal Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
actionparsnip
Solved:
2013-01-23
Last query:
2013-01-23
Last reply:
2013-01-23

Plug it in and run cheese, do you see yourself? Some webcams work out of the box but so far we only know the make of the device so cannot effectively advise.

Heard of the word "please"? If not, please research it. It makes you appear more friendly.

please

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM, todd lanteigne <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> could someone tell me what cheese is
>
>
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 8:01 PM, actionparsnip <
> <email address hidden>> wrote:
>
>> Your question #219791 on hal in Ubuntu changed:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hal/+question/219791
>>
>> Status: Open => Needs information
>>
>> actionparsnip requested more information:
>> Plug it in and run cheese, do you see yourself? Some webcams work out
>> of the box but so far we only know the make of the device so cannot
>> effectively advise.
>>
>> Heard of the word "please"? If not, please research it. It makes you
>> appear more friendly.
>>
>> --
>> To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
>> this email or enter your reply at the following page:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hal/+question/219791
>>
>> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>>
>
>

could someone tell me what cheese is

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 8:01 PM, actionparsnip <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #219791 on hal in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hal/+question/219791
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
> actionparsnip requested more information:
> Plug it in and run cheese, do you see yourself? Some webcams work out
> of the box but so far we only know the make of the device so cannot
> effectively advise.
>
> Heard of the word "please"? If not, please research it. It makes you
> appear more friendly.
>
> --
> To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
> this email or enter your reply at the following page:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hal/+question/219791
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Its a program, install it using software centre and run it. A little web search would tell you that and you wouldn't have to sit while some body replies. Even the most basic search would tell you

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ubuntu+cheese

Your system is hooked up to something called 'The Internet', it is the largest infrmation database known to mankind, try using it to find out stuff and your PC experience will move along faster.

no need to be a smart ass you must not have much to do just on your comp
hiding behind a made up name up yours geek

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 5:21 PM, actionparsnip <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #219791 on hal in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hal/+question/219791
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> acdont even use your real name tionparsnip proposed the following answer:
> Its a program, install it using software centre and run it. A little web
> search would tell you that and you wouldn't have to sit while some body
> replies. Even the most basic search would tell you
>
> https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ubuntu+cheese
> no need to be a smart ass hiding behind a stupid made up name up yours geek
> Your system is hooked up to something called 'The Internet', it is the
> largest infrmation database known to mankind, try using it to find out
> stuff and your PC experience will move along faster.
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hal/+question/219791/+confirm?answer_id=3
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hal/+question/219791
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Just flabbergasted you didn't think to do that.....

does cheese work?

  i appoligse never tried it yet tried a few things doesnt reconise the
device my other camera was easy to install im not much of a computer guy
its not important i just wanted to get new face book profile pic thanks
On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 6:41 PM, actionparsnip <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #219791 on hal in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hal/+question/219791
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> actionparsnip proposed the following answer:
> Just flabbergasted you didn't think to do that.....
>
> does cheese work?
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hal/+question/219791/+confirm?answer_id=5
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hal/+question/219791
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Do you have a working webcam now. You can use cheese to take a shot of yourself (hence the name)

:D

Thanks actionparsnip, that solved my question.