Completely new - trying to find a GLIB source as part of trying to install Gimpshop

Asked by GwynC on 2009-07-21

I downloaded a tutorial from Suramya Tomar on installing Gimpshop to Linux. I've downloaded a cpan module successfully but am coming unstuck on downloading a GLIB source. The version in the tutorial is glib-2.6.3.tar.gz but thta can't be found. How do I find the latest version. I've never used the terminal before and am very new to Linux but I much prefer Gimpshop to Gimp and really wnat to be able to use it on a Linux system

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
Ubuntu gimp Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
arochester
Solved:
2009-07-21
Last query:
2009-07-21
Last reply:
2009-07-21
Best arochester (arochester) said : #1

Note that the Suramya Tomar tutorial is dated 2nd April 2005.

Follow the tutorial here: http://www.ubuntugeek.com/howto-install-gimpshop-in-ubuntu-hardy.html

midnightflash (midnightflash) said : #2

You should try the following:

http://rapidshare.com/files/86270575/gimpshop_2.2.11-1_i386.deb

referenced from:

http://www.gimpshop.com/download.shtml

Might be working (if the dependencies are ok with your Ubuntu-version).

Greetings

midnightflash (midnightflash) said : #3

But I'd say.. use the real GIMP.

As to see here:
http://www.computerdefense.org/gimpshop/
------------------------------
Index of /gimpshop

      Name Last modified Size Description

[DIR] Parent Directory 13-Jul-2009 01:25 -
[ ] GIMPshop_0.1beta_Set..> 06-Jul-2006 22:33 8.0M
[ ] Gimpshop-OSX-2.2.11.dmg 06-Jul-2006 22:36 84.9M
[ ] gimp-2.2.8.tar.bz2 06-Jul-2006 22:34 13.5M
[ ] gimpshop-2.2.11.tar.bz2 06-Jul-2006 22:34 12.7M
[ ] gimpshop_2.2.11-1_i3..> 12-Dec-2006 01:09 11.0M
[ ] gimpshop_2.2.8_fix1_..> 06-Jul-2006 22:33 7.4M
--------------------------------

The last modificatins are nearly three years gone... It's really old and depends on insecure dependencies.
You rally should not use this GimpShop.

Greetings

GwynC (gjchubb) said : #4

Thanks arochester, that solved my question.

GwynC (gjchubb) said : #5

Thanks very much for your help, I have now loaded it successfully so very
pleased.

GwynC

2009/7/21 arochester <email address hidden>

> Your question #77669 on gnome-terminal in ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-terminal/+question/77669
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> arochester proposed the following answer:
> Note that the Suramya Tomar tutorial is dated 2nd April 2005.
>
> Follow the tutorial here: http://www.ubuntugeek.com/howto-install-
> gimpshop-in-ubuntu-hardy.html<http://www.ubuntugeek.com/howto-install-%0Agimpshop-in-ubuntu-hardy.html>
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-terminal/+question/77669/+confirm?answer_id=0
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-terminal/+question/77669
>
> You received this question notification because you are a direct
> subscriber of the question.
>

GwynC (gjchubb) said : #6

Thanks for your reply - I know that Gimpshop is based on an old version of
Gimp but I do find it easier to use as I'm so used to Photoshop. However,
when I've got a bit of time, I'll really try to get into Gimp itself!

GwynC

2009/7/21 midnightflash <email address hidden>

> Your question #77669 on gnome-terminal in ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-terminal/+question/77669
>
> midnightflash proposed the following answer:
> You should try the following:
>
> http://rapidshare.com/files/86270575/gimpshop_2.2.11-1_i386.deb
>
> referenced from:
>
> http://www.gimpshop.com/download.shtml
>
> Might be working (if the dependencies are ok with your Ubuntu-version).
>
> Greetings
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-terminal/+question/77669/+confirm?answer_id=1
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-terminal/+question/77669
>
> You received this question notification because you are a direct
> subscriber of the question.
>

GwynC (gjchubb) said : #7

Thanks.

2009/7/21 marcobra (Marco Braida) <email address hidden>

> Your question #77669 on gimp in ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gimp/+question/77669
>
> Project: gnome-terminal in ubuntu => gimp in ubuntu
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are a direct
> subscriber of the question.
>