.root file missing

Asked by audiya fatihah on 2020-09-14

hi,

im setting up mg5 v2 6_7 at lxplus7 on CMSSW10_2
root source /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.22.00/x86_64-centos7-gcc48-opt/bin/thisroot.sh
i successfully installed delphes & pythis,

though when i generate an event, there is no .root file in the Events folder, there are only
run_01_tag_1_banner.txt
tag_1_delphes.log tag_1_pts.dat
tag_1_pythia8_events.hepmc.gz
 unweighted_events.lhe.gz
run_shower.sh
tag_1_djrs.dat
 tag_1_pythia8.cmd
tag_1_pythia8.log

is there something wrong with my configuration?

thnks

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2020-09-14
Last reply:
2020-09-14

Normal output for pythia8 is hepmc output.
If you want to change output mode of pythia8, please check the pythia8 manual (or check your experimental framework where they likely have converter).

Cheers,

Olivier

> On 14 Sep 2020, at 08:30, audiya fatihah <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Question #692897 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/692897
>
> Description changed to:
> hi,
>
> im setting up mg5 v2 6_7 at lxplus7 on CMSSW10_2
> root source /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.22.00/x86_64-centos7-gcc48-opt/bin/thisroot.sh
> i successfully installed delphes & pythis,
>
> though when i generate an event, there is no .root file in the Events folder, there are only
> run_01_tag_1_banner.txt
> tag_1_delphes.log tag_1_pts.dat
> tag_1_pythia8_events.hepmc.gz
> unweighted_events.lhe.gz
> run_shower.sh
> tag_1_djrs.dat
> tag_1_pythia8.cmd
> tag_1_pythia8.log
>
> is there something wrong with my configuration?
>
> thnks
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.

audiya fatihah (audiyafatihah) said : #2

i see, though im wondering,
why mg5 locally produces .root file

i think i installed them both retty much the same, locally & on lxplus7

If you install ExROOTanalysis
We can convert the lhe output to a root file. (lhe output is the output before parton-shower_
But I do not think that such library can convert HepMC file.

Cheers,

Olivier

> On 14 Sep 2020, at 09:05, audiya fatihah <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Question #692897 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/692897
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> audiya fatihah is still having a problem:
> i see, though im wondering,
> why mg5 locally produces .root file
>
> i think i installed them both retty much the same, locally & on lxplus7
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask audiya fatihah for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.