Where to find the output for differential cross-section?

Asked by Maksym Ovchynnikov on 2018-03-29

I want to build a plot using differential cross-section points generated by MadGraph (not the plot used in MadAnalysis). But I can't find the output where I the data is stored. Could you please tell me?

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2018-03-29
Last reply:
2018-03-29

Hi,

I assume that you want to plot LO generation without matching/merging.
In that case you can plot the parton level information before parton-shower
and the full information is present here:

PROC_DIR/Events/run_XX/unweighted_events.lhe.gz

PROC_DIR is the directory that you created for the generation
run_XX correspond to the run_name that you choose (the default is run_01 for the first, then run_02. ...)

Cheers,

Olivier

> On 29 Mar 2018, at 10:52, Maksym Ovchynnikov <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> New question #667329 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/667329
>
> I want to build a plot using differential cross-section points generated by MadGraph (not the plot used in MadAnalysis). But I can't find the output where I the data is stored. Could you please tell me?
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.

Maksym Ovchynnikov (name-xxx) said : #2

Dear Olivier,

I just need to find out the output by using of which MadAnalysis plots the histograms. For example, for the process p p > W l.

Hi,

That's the output that MA5 (or other) are using to generate their plot.
This output is fully differential and therefore you can plot any type of plot that you want
(for any variable, multi-dimensional plot, ...)

Cheers,

Olivier

> On 29 Mar 2018, at 11:37, Maksym Ovchynnikov <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Question #667329 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/667329
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> Maksym Ovchynnikov is still having a problem:
> Dear Olivier,
>
> I just need to find out the output by using of which MadAnalysis plots
> the histograms. For example, for the process p p > W l.
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask Maksym Ovchynnikov for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.