Showing error while reading .lhe files in recolevel mode

Asked by SAUMYEN KUNDU on 2019-05-10

Hi,

I was running ma5_v1.7.21 in the recolevel with the detector simulation with Delphes. I used the following commands:

set main.fastsim.package = delphes
set main.fastsim.detector = CMS
set main.fastsim.pileup = tools/delphes/MinBias.pileup
set main.fastsim.output = true
#
main.fastsim.skim_eflow = false
main.fastsim.skim_genparticles = false
main.fastsim.skim_towers = false
main.fastsim.skim_tracks = false

I imported the events files from showered and hadronized events from MG5. But I am getting some errors and warning and can't identify why so?
1. After submitting the analysis getting error messages like the following while running Delphes:

Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
   Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootTreeReader.h
   requested to autoload type ExRootTreeReader
Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
   Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootTreeWriter.h
   requested to autoload type ExRootTreeWriter
Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
   Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootTreeBranch.h
   requested to autoload type ExRootTreeBranch
Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
   Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootResult.h
   requested to autoload type ExRootResult
Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
   Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootClassifier.h
   requested to autoload type ExRootClassifier
Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
   Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootFilter.h
   requested to autoload type ExRootFilter
Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
   Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootProgressBar.h
   requested to autoload type ExRootProgressBar
Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
   Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootConfReader.h
   requested to autoload type ExRootConfParam
Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
   Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootConfReader.h
   requested to autoload type ExRootConfReader
Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
   Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootTask.h
   requested to autoload type ExRootTask
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Next when running the FastJet some warning is showing while reading the .lhe files.

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# FastJet release 3.3.2
# M. Cacciari, G.P. Salam and G. Soyez
# A software package for jet finding and analysis at colliders
# http://fastjet.fr
#
# Please cite EPJC72(2012)1896 [arXiv:1111.6097] if you use this package
# for scientific work and optionally PLB641(2006)57 [hep-ph/0512210].
#
# FastJet is provided without warranty under the terms of the GNU GPLv2.
# It uses T. Chan's closest pair algorithm, S. Fortune's Voronoi code
# and 3rd party plugin jet algorithms. See COPYING file for details.
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
        with the Delphes card: ../Input/delphes_cms.tcl
    * Running over files ...
    * 1/2 /home/pdas/HEP_Packages/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/VLQ_Searches/Signal/Showered/WithCut/Events/run_01/tag_1_pythia8_events.hepmc.gz
        => file size: 1.17 Go
        => sample format: HEPMC file produced by an unknown generator (cross section assumed in pb).
        => progress: [===================================]
        => total number of events: 10000 ( analyzed: 10000 ; skipped: 0 )
    * 2/2 /home/pdas/HEP_Packages/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/VLQ_Searches/Signal/Showered/WithCut/Events/run_01/unweighted_events.lhe.gz
        => file size: 2.57 Mo
        => sample format: LHE file produced by MadGraph5.
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        => progress: [> ]
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        => progress: [===================================]
        => total number of events: 10000 ( analyzed: 10000 ; skipped: 0 )
    * Finalizing all components ...
    * Total number of processed events: 20000.
Error in <TList::Clear>: A list is accessing an object (0x1cbc2d0) already deleted (list name = TList)
Error in <TList::Clear>: A list is accessing an object (0x1bcbe60) already deleted (list name = TList)
Error in <TList::Clear>: A list is accessing an object (0x186b900) already deleted (list name = TList)
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| LogReport-Warning |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Message NIterations @ File Line |
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| internal problem with mother-daughter partic 70000 Reader/LHEReader.cpp 371 |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    * Goodbye.

I cannot understand what's wrong here and how to resolve this.

3. Another confusion is that how MA5 gets the information about the new particles of my model. Because when I tried to import the UFO model file it says

MA5: ma5>import /home/pdas/HEP_Packages/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/VLQ_Searches/Signal/Showered/WithCut/bin/internal/ufomodel
MA5: UFO model folder is detected
MA5-ERROR: cannot import particles in MA5 reconstructed mode
MA5: ma5>#

My guess is that in his case it's not required since we are analyzing reconstructed particles and those particles don't appear here explicitly.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards,
Saumyen

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
MadAnalysis 5 Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2019-05-10
Last reply:
2019-05-11
Benjamin Fuks (fuks) said : #1

Hi,

I have tried to reproduce your issue. A few comments are in order.

1. 4 'set' keywords were missing with the last four comments. I have of course added them (I assume this is a typo in your report).
2. The 'cling'-like messages are harmless. You can safely ignore them (this is something happening at the level of delphes and there is nothing that can be done (at least we haven't found any easy way to solve this)). This should answer your question 1.
3. The mother-to-daugther warning indicates that in your sample, you have non-usual mother-to-daughters relations between the hadrons. I do not know what you generated with MadGraph, but this is definitely something originating from the shower. If you don't need the mother-to-daughter relations, there is no need to worry. Otherwise, you may want to investigate your sample further. This should answer your point 2. Note that in principle, the root file should have been created anyways.
4. At the reconstructed level, you can only have reconstructed object and there is therefore no reason to import new particles from a UFO. This answers the last question.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Benjamin

> On 10 May 2019, at 16:14 , SAUMYEN KUNDU <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> New question #680732 on MadAnalysis 5:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/madanalysis5/+question/680732
>
> Hi,
>
> I was running ma5_v1.7.21 in the recolevel with the detector simulation with Delphes. I used the following commands:
>
> set main.fastsim.package = delphes
> set main.fastsim.detector = CMS
> set main.fastsim.pileup = tools/delphes/MinBias.pileup
> set main.fastsim.output = true
> #
> main.fastsim.skim_eflow = false
> main.fastsim.skim_genparticles = false
> main.fastsim.skim_towers = false
> main.fastsim.skim_tracks = false
>
> I imported the events files from showered and hadronized events from MG5. But I am getting some errors and warning and can't identify why so?
> 1. After submitting the analysis getting error messages like the following while running Delphes:
>
> Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
> Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootTreeReader.h
> requested to autoload type ExRootTreeReader
> Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
> Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootTreeWriter.h
> requested to autoload type ExRootTreeWriter
> Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
> Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootTreeBranch.h
> requested to autoload type ExRootTreeBranch
> Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
> Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootResult.h
> requested to autoload type ExRootResult
> Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
> Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootClassifier.h
> requested to autoload type ExRootClassifier
> Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
> Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootFilter.h
> requested to autoload type ExRootFilter
> Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
> Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootProgressBar.h
> requested to autoload type ExRootProgressBar
> Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
> Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootConfReader.h
> requested to autoload type ExRootConfParam
> Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
> Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootConfReader.h
> requested to autoload type ExRootConfReader
> Error in cling::AutoloadingVisitor::InsertIntoAutoloadingState:
> Missing FileEntry for ExRootAnalysis/ExRootTask.h
> requested to autoload type ExRootTask
> #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> 2. Next when running the FastJet some warning is showing while reading the .lhe files.
>
> #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
> # FastJet release 3.3.2
> # M. Cacciari, G.P. Salam and G. Soyez
> # A software package for jet finding and analysis at colliders
> # http://fastjet.fr
> #
> # Please cite EPJC72(2012)1896 [arXiv:1111.6097] if you use this package
> # for scientific work and optionally PLB641(2006)57 [hep-ph/0512210].
> #
> # FastJet is provided without warranty under the terms of the GNU GPLv2.
> # It uses T. Chan's closest pair algorithm, S. Fortune's Voronoi code
> # and 3rd party plugin jet algorithms. See COPYING file for details.
> #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
> with the Delphes card: ../Input/delphes_cms.tcl
> * Running over files ...
> * 1/2 /home/pdas/HEP_Packages/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/VLQ_Searches/Signal/Showered/WithCut/Events/run_01/tag_1_pythia8_events.hepmc.gz
> => file size: 1.17 Go
> => sample format: HEPMC file produced by an unknown generator (cross section assumed in pb).
> => progress: [===================================]
> => total number of events: 10000 ( analyzed: 10000 ; skipped: 0 )
> * 2/2 /home/pdas/HEP_Packages/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/VLQ_Searches/Signal/Showered/WithCut/Events/run_01/unweighted_events.lhe.gz
> => file size: 2.57 Mo
> => sample format: LHE file produced by MadGraph5.
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
> WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
> WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
> WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
> WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
> WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
> WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
> WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
> WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
> WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
> WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
> WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
> WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
> WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
> WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> => progress: [> ]
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
> WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
> WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
> WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
> WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WARNING: Msg | internal problem with mother-daughter particles
> WARNING: Details | index=32767 but #particles=15
> WARNING: Where | Function = FinalizeEvent ; File=Reader/LHEReader.cpp ; Line=371
> WARNING: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> => progress: [===================================]
> => total number of events: 10000 ( analyzed: 10000 ; skipped: 0 )
> * Finalizing all components ...
> * Total number of processed events: 20000.
> Error in <TList::Clear>: A list is accessing an object (0x1cbc2d0) already deleted (list name = TList)
> Error in <TList::Clear>: A list is accessing an object (0x1bcbe60) already deleted (list name = TList)
> Error in <TList::Clear>: A list is accessing an object (0x186b900) already deleted (list name = TList)
> +----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
> | LogReport-Warning |
> +----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
> | Message NIterations @ File Line |
> |----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> | internal problem with mother-daughter partic 70000 Reader/LHEReader.cpp 371 |
> +----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
> * Goodbye.
>
> I cannot understand what's wrong here and how to resolve this.
>
> 3. Another confusion is that how MA5 gets the information about the new particles of my model. Because when I tried to import the UFO model file it says
>
> MA5: ma5>import /home/pdas/HEP_Packages/MG5_aMC_v2_6_3_2/VLQ_Searches/Signal/Showered/WithCut/bin/internal/ufomodel
> MA5: UFO model folder is detected
> MA5-ERROR: cannot import particles in MA5 reconstructed mode
> MA5: ma5>#
>
> My guess is that in his case it's not required since we are analyzing reconstructed particles and those particles don't appear here explicitly.
>
> Thank you for your time and consideration.
>
> Regards,
> Saumyen
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadAnalysis 5.

SAUMYEN KUNDU (saumyen.k) said : #2

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you so much for your quick response.

Regarding your point 1, yeah that is a typo that I made while writing the script only. But didn't pay attention as that is the default choice, anyway, that I was choosing.

>2. The 'cling'-like messages are harmless. You can safely ignore them (this is something happening at the level of delphes and there is nothing that can be done (at least we haven't found any easy way to solve this)). This should answer your question 1.

Regarding this, I have a question. As you are saying 'something happening at the level of delphes', so I am a bit sceptic if it'll do the detector simulation correctly. Are you sure it won't harm the simulation?

>3. The mother-to-daugther warning indicates that in your sample, you have non-usual mother-to-daughters relations between the hadrons. I do not know what you generated with MadGraph, but this is definitely something originating from the shower. If you don't need the mother-to-daughter relations, there is no need to worry. Otherwise, you may want to investigate your sample further. This should answer your point 2. Note that in principle, the root file should have been created anyways.

Here, I don't understand what actually you are saying. In my model, there is a new particle. The process is simply the new particle pair that decays to b-quark and gluon pair (bgb~g). Anyway, I will look at the showering once again. And yeah, the root file is being created.

>4. At the reconstructed level, you can only have reconstructed object and there is therefore no reason to import new particles from a UFO. This answers the last question.

Yeah, this I guessed; thank you for confirming it.

And, thank you so much, Benjamin, for your time,

Regards,
Saumyen

Benjamin Fuks (fuks) said : #3

Hi Saumyen,

> Regarding this, I have a question. As you are saying 'something
> happening at the level of delphes', so I am a bit sceptic if it'll do
> the detector simulation correctly. Are you sure it won't harm the
> simulation?
Yes, this has been verified. This will also be fixed in MA5 v1.8, since we will move to delphes 3.4.2. See here:
  https://cp3.irmp.ucl.ac.be/projects/delphes/ticket/1125 <https://cp3.irmp.ucl.ac.be/projects/delphes/ticket/1125>
If you want, you can alread move to v1.8beta by downloading it from launchpad:
  https://code.launchpad.net/~ma5dev/madanalysis5/v1.8_beta <https://code.launchpad.net/~ma5dev/madanalysis5/v1.8_beta>
The warning should have disappeared.

>
>> 3. The mother-to-daugther warning indicates that in your sample, you
> have non-usual mother-to-daughters relations between the hadrons. I do
> not know what you generated with MadGraph, but this is definitely
> something originating from the shower. If you don't need the mother-to-
> daughter relations, there is no need to worry. Otherwise, you may want
> to investigate your sample further. This should answer your point 2.
> Note that in principle, the root file should have been created anyways.
>
> Here, I don't understand what actually you are saying. In my model,
> there is a new particle. The process is simply the new particle pair
> that decays to b-quark and gluon pair (bgb~g). Anyway, I will look at
> the showering once again. And yeah, the root file is being created.

I am not too sure. I can't really answer without seeing the events. The warning is related to the following issue. Taking a given object (= daughter) arising from the decay of another object (= mother), the identifier of the mother is not included in the particle list. I don't see how this could be triggered… this is in principle a safety feature in our reader. Note that by object, I mean either a hard scattering particle or a hadron created in the hadronisation process. Both could work.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask SAUMYEN KUNDU for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.