is it possible to plot the weight distribution of events

Asked by Olivier Mattelaer on 2017-06-06

Hi Eric, Benj,

Is it possible to plot the distribution of weight of a given lhe sample?

I did not find any variable (in auto-completion) which seems to point on that direction.

Cheers,

Olivier

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
MadAnalysis 5 Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2017-06-06
Last reply:
2017-06-07
Benjamin Fuks (fuks) said : #1

Hi Olivier,

If you need it, this can be easily added in the official version. Please let me know.

Cheers,

B>

> On 6 Jun 2017, at 14:17 , Olivier Mattelaer <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> New question #641581 on MadAnalysis 5:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/madanalysis5/+question/641581
>
> Hi Eric, Benj,
>
> Is it possible to plot the distribution of weight of a given lhe sample?
>
> I did not find any variable (in auto-completion) which seems to point on that direction.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Olivier
>
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadAnalysis 5.

It would be great thanks.

This is very useful for weigthed sample.

Cheers,

Olivier

> On 6 Jun 2017, at 15:38, Benjamin Fuks <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Your question #641581 on MadAnalysis 5 changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/madanalysis5/+question/641581
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Benjamin Fuks proposed the following answer:
> Hi Olivier,
>
> If you need it, this can be easily added in the official version. Please
> let me know.
>
> Cheers,
>
> B>
>
>> On 6 Jun 2017, at 14:17 , Olivier Mattelaer <email address hidden> wrote:
>>
>> New question #641581 on MadAnalysis 5:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/madanalysis5/+question/641581
>>
>> Hi Eric, Benj,
>>
>> Is it possible to plot the distribution of weight of a given lhe sample?
>>
>> I did not find any variable (in auto-completion) which seems to point on that direction.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Olivier
>>
>>
>> --
>> You received this question notification because you are an answer
>> contact for MadAnalysis 5.
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/madanalysis5/+question/641581/+confirm?answer_id=0
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/madanalysis5/+question/641581
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.

Benjamin Fuks (fuks) said : #3

Hi Olivier,

I have committed the feature. It is sufficient to type
  plot WEIGHTS
to get the desired distribution.

This development is part of the v1.6beta branch. If you use ma5 within mg5, it is sufficient to reinstall the code and it will be there by default. Please let me know whether this works.

Cheers,

Benj

> On 6 Jun 2017, at 15:44 , Olivier Mattelaer <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Question #641581 on MadAnalysis 5 changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/madanalysis5/+question/641581
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> Olivier Mattelaer is still having a problem:
> It would be great thanks.
>
> This is very useful for weigthed sample.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Olivier
>
>> On 6 Jun 2017, at 15:38, Benjamin Fuks <email address hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Your question #641581 on MadAnalysis 5 changed:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/madanalysis5/+question/641581
>>
>> Status: Open => Answered
>>
>> Benjamin Fuks proposed the following answer:
>> Hi Olivier,
>>
>> If you need it, this can be easily added in the official version. Please
>> let me know.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> B>
>>
>>> On 6 Jun 2017, at 14:17 , Olivier Mattelaer <email address hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> New question #641581 on MadAnalysis 5:
>>> https://answers.launchpad.net/madanalysis5/+question/641581
>>>
>>> Hi Eric, Benj,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to plot the distribution of weight of a given lhe sample?
>>>
>>> I did not find any variable (in auto-completion) which seems to point on that direction.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Olivier
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this question notification because you are an answer
>>> contact for MadAnalysis 5.
>>
>> --
>> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
>> know that it is solved:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/madanalysis5/+question/641581/+confirm?answer_id=0
>>
>> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
>> following page to enter your feedback:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/madanalysis5/+question/641581
>>
>> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadAnalysis 5.

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask Olivier Mattelaer for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.