glance-index-error

Asked by yang on 2013-03-07

hi,all.
i come to openstack recently. and when i install glance,i come across a problem,which bored me few days.

when i finish install glance.after input "glance index",it shows error:

root@control:/home/os# glance index
Failed to show index. Got error:
The request returned a 302 Multiple Choices. This generally means that you have not included a version indicator in a request URI.

The body of response returned:
{"versions": [{"status": "CURRENT", "id": "v1.1", "links": [{"href": "http://7.7.7.7:9292/v1/", "rel": "self"}]}, {"status": "SUPPORTED", "id": "v1.0", "links": [{"href": "http://7.7.7.7:9292/v1/", "rel": "self"}]}]}

root@control:/home/os# export | grep "OS"
declare -x OS_AUTH_URL="http://localhost:5000/v2.0/"
declare -x OS_PASSWORD="admin123"
declare -x OS_TENANT_NAME="admin"
declare -x OS_USERNAME="admin"

can anyone help?
thanks!

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
Glance Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2013-03-13
Last reply:
2013-03-13
Jason (zzs) said : #1

Are you using Ubuntu 12.04 or 12.10, how did you install the glance.
Can you try to re-install the glance again.

yang (yangchyeah) said : #2

Thanks for reply.
i use ubuntu12.04. and i re-install the keystone and glance for many times, but the problem still exist.
i install from the offical website : http://docs.openstack.org/folsom/basic-install/content/basic-install_controller.html#basic-install_controller-glance
Additional, i add some in the glance-api-paste.conf and glance-registry-paste.conf:
[paste_deploy]
flavor = keystone.
does it have any problem?
thanks..
At 2013-03-09 08:05:54,"Jason Zhang" <email address hidden> wrote:
>Your question #223643 on Glance changed:
>https://answers.launchpad.net/glance/+question/223643
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
>Jason Zhang proposed the following answer:
>Are you using Ubuntu 12.04 or 12.10, how did you install the glance.
>Can you try to re-install the glance again.
>
>--
>If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
>know that it is solved:
>https://answers.launchpad.net/glance/+question/223643/+confirm?answer_id=0
>
>If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
>following page to enter your feedback:
>https://answers.launchpad.net/glance/+question/223643
>
>You received this question notification because you asked the question.

Jason (zzs) said : #3

Are you sure the mysql database is clean before re-installation, and can you try to reinstall glance client, then please try to run
glance --debug index
and please paste the glance-api log.

yang (yangchyeah) said : #4

thanks for reply.
At last,i re-install and it success.
thanks,
yang.

At 2013-03-12 05:55:56,"Jason Zhang" <email address hidden> wrote:
>Your question #223643 on Glance changed:
>https://answers.launchpad.net/glance/+question/223643
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
>Jason Zhang requested more information:
>Are you sure the mysql database is clean before re-installation, and can you try to reinstall glance client, then please try to run
>glance --debug index
>and please paste the glance-api log.
>
>--
>To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
>this email or enter your reply at the following page:
>https://answers.launchpad.net/glance/+question/223643
>
>You received this question notification because you asked the question.

Jason (zzs) said : #5

That's great, let us know if you have any question.

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask yang for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.