parameters['reorder_dofs_serial'] = False

Asked by imranal on 2013-02-22

I tried looking in the complete programmer's reference what this variable is, but unfortunately could not find any information.

What does the following code imply :

parameters['reorder_dofs_serial'] = False

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
FEniCS Project Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
Johan Hake
Solved:
2013-04-25
Last query:
2013-04-25
Last reply:
2013-02-22
Best Johan Hake (johan-hake) said : #1

If False dofs will not be reordered in serial runs. When not reordered
they will follow the UFC numbering, which means for a CG1 space, that
the dofs will follow the vertex numbering. For a MixedSpace all dofs
from the first space come first followed by the second space aso.

Johan

On 02/22/2013 11:11 AM, Imran Ali wrote:
> New question #222556 on FEniCS Project:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/fenics/+question/222556
>
> I tried looking in the complete programmer's reference what this variable is, but unfortunately could not find any information.
>
> What does the following code imply :
>
> parameters['reorder_dofs_serial'] = False
>

Garth Wells (garth-wells) said : #2

On 22 February 2013 11:51, Johan Hake
<email address hidden> wrote:
> Question #222556 on FEniCS Project changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/fenics/+question/222556
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Johan Hake proposed the following answer:
> If False dofs will not be reordered in serial runs. When not reordered
> they will follow the UFC numbering, which means for a CG1 space, that
> the dofs will follow the vertex numbering. For a MixedSpace all dofs
> from the first space come first followed by the second space aso.
>

Bear in mind that this is not guaranteed - it just happens to be the
case at present when FFC generates the dof map.

Garth

> Johan
>
> On 02/22/2013 11:11 AM, Imran Ali wrote:
>> New question #222556 on FEniCS Project:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/fenics/+question/222556
>>
>> I tried looking in the complete programmer's reference what this variable is, but unfortunately could not find any information.
>>
>> What does the following code imply :
>>
>> parameters['reorder_dofs_serial'] = False
>>
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are a member of
> FEniCS Team, which is an answer contact for FEniCS Project.

imranal (imranal) said : #3

Thanks Johan Hake, that solved my question.