compiling dolfin failed, DofMap.cpp.o

Asked by Nick Davies on 2013-05-06

Hi everyone,
I am trying to compile dolfin 1.2, all of the dependencies are satasfied (I think) bar ferari which i dont think is needed, although does anyone know where an arch AUR pacakge or the binaries for it are? The only odd thing I have had to do is set ARMA_USE_WRAPPER to false in the armadillo CMakeLists.txt file.
Bellow is the error:

[ 64%] Building CXX object dolfin/CMakeFiles/dolfin.dir/fem/AssemblerBase.cpp.o
[ 64%] Building CXX object dolfin/CMakeFiles/dolfin.dir/fem/DofMap.cpp.o
/home/AUR/Fenics/dolfin_dev/dolfin-1.2.0/dolfin/fem/DofMap.cpp: In member function 'virtual std::size_t dolfin::DofMap::max_cell_dimension() const':
/home/AUR/Fenics/dolfin_dev/dolfin-1.2.0/dolfin/fem/DofMap.cpp:202:23: error: 'const class ufc::dofmap' has no member named 'max_local_dimension'
   return _ufc_dofmap->max_local_dimension();
                       ^
/home/AUR/Fenics/dolfin_dev/dolfin-1.2.0/dolfin/fem/DofMap.cpp: In member function 'virtual std::vector<int> dolfin::DofMap::dof_to_vertex_map(dolfin::Mesh&) const':
/home/AUR/Fenics/dolfin_dev/dolfin-1.2.0/dolfin/fem/DofMap.cpp:362:53: error: 'const class ufc::dofmap' has no member named 'max_local_dimension'
   if (vert_per_cell*dofs_per_vertex != _ufc_dofmap->max_local_dimension())
                                                     ^
make[2]: *** [dolfin/CMakeFiles/dolfin.dir/fem/DofMap.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [dolfin/CMakeFiles/dolfin.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Does anyone know what this means or what a fix for it could be?

I will try to compile the trunk version now and see if i get the same error.

Thanks for any help

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
DOLFIN Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
Nick Davies
Solved:
2013-05-06
Last query:
2013-05-06
Last reply:
Nick Davies (ntd14) said : #1

So when I used the trunk version via the AUR then it installed fine. Maybe I just had something odd set somewhere the the pkg had set differently. Still though any ideas as to what caused the error would be great.

Johannes Ring (johannr) said : #2

Did you use the correct UFC version? You need to use UFC 2.2.0 together with DOLFIN 1.2.0.

Nick Davies (ntd14) said : #3

Its the UFC version form https://bitbucket.org/fenics-project/ufc so I think its the right one

Garth Wells (garth-wells) said : #4

The problem is that you have the new UFC, but and old version of DOLFIN.

Nick Davies (ntd14) said : #5

Ah thanks for that, hence why it works with the new version of dolfin

Johannes Ring (johannr) said : #6

> Its the UFC version form https://bitbucket.org/fenics-project/ufc so I
> think its the right one

No, that will probably not work with DOLFIN 1.2.0.

Myles English (mylesenglish) said : #7

Hi Nick,

Nick Davies writes:

> New question #228225 on DOLFIN:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/228225
>
> Hi everyone,
> I am trying to compile dolfin 1.2, all of the dependencies are
> satasfied (I think) bar ferari which i dont think is needed, although
> does anyone know where an arch AUR pacakge or the binaries for it are?

I didn't make a PKGBUILD script for ferari but feel free to upload one
to the AUR.

Myles

P.S. are we still using Launchpad for these questions?

> The only odd thing I have had to do is set ARMA_USE_WRAPPER to false
> in the armadillo CMakeLists.txt file. Bellow is the error:
>
> [ 64%] Building CXX object dolfin/CMakeFiles/dolfin.dir/fem/AssemblerBase.cpp.o
> [ 64%] Building CXX object dolfin/CMakeFiles/dolfin.dir/fem/DofMap.cpp.o
> /home/AUR/Fenics/dolfin_dev/dolfin-1.2.0/dolfin/fem/DofMap.cpp: In member function 'virtual std::size_t dolfin::DofMap::max_cell_dimension() const':
> /home/AUR/Fenics/dolfin_dev/dolfin-1.2.0/dolfin/fem/DofMap.cpp:202:23: error: 'const class ufc::dofmap' has no member named 'max_local_dimension'
> return _ufc_dofmap->max_local_dimension();
> ^
> /home/AUR/Fenics/dolfin_dev/dolfin-1.2.0/dolfin/fem/DofMap.cpp: In member function 'virtual std::vector<int> dolfin::DofMap::dof_to_vertex_map(dolfin::Mesh&) const':
> /home/AUR/Fenics/dolfin_dev/dolfin-1.2.0/dolfin/fem/DofMap.cpp:362:53: error: 'const class ufc::dofmap' has no member named 'max_local_dimension'
> if (vert_per_cell*dofs_per_vertex != _ufc_dofmap->max_local_dimension())
> ^
> make[2]: *** [dolfin/CMakeFiles/dolfin.dir/fem/DofMap.cpp.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [dolfin/CMakeFiles/dolfin.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Does anyone know what this means or what a fix for it could be?
>
> I will try to compile the trunk version now and see if i get the same error.
>
> Thanks for any help

Nick Davies (ntd14) said : #8

> I didn't make a PKGBUILD script for ferari but feel free to upload one
> to the AUR.
Never done built them before, but I guess its always a good time to learn, I will try and have a look over the next few weeks

> Myles

> P.S. are we still using Launchpad for these questions?
Is there a better place to post them?