segmentation fault ./calchep

Asked by ujala nawaz on 2020-12-02

sir, i am getting some problem in running calchep.when i type ./calchep .calchep would finished suddenly. The following error appears on terminal

./calchep: line 50: 2890 Segmentation fault (core dumped) $CALCHEP/bin/s_calchep $*

CalcHEP has finished with error code 139

please help me how could i solve this error?

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
CalcHEP Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
Last reply:
Revision history for this message
Alexander Pukhov (pukhov) said :
#1

You have to launch ./calchep   from directory work/.

I guess you have segmentation fault because you launch  it from main
directory  calchep_#.

Let us  know if you have a problem launching  ./calchep inside work.

Best

    Alexander Pukhov

On 12/2/20 9:05 PM, ujala nawaz wrote:
> New question #694313 on CalcHEP:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/calchep/+question/694313
>
> sir, i am getting some problem in running calchep.when i type ./calchep .calchep would finished suddenly. The following error appears on terminal
>
> ./calchep: line 50: 2890 Segmentation fault (core dumped) $CALCHEP/bin/s_calchep $*
>
> CalcHEP has finished with error code 139
>
> please help me how could i solve this error?
>

Revision history for this message
ujala nawaz (ujala) said :
#2

yes i have a problem launching ./calchep inside work directory

Revision history for this message
Alexander Pukhov (pukhov) said :
#3

OK. It is strange because nobody else wrote about this problem.

Surely you  have tried

      make clean

      make

to start from the beginning   and it does not help.  Then there are two ways

1)  Please, write down the version of CalcHEP and what operating system
you are using:

      uname -a

I'll try to find the same

2) Do you have gdb? Then call inside work/

     gdb ../bin/s_calchep

     r

                      you should get a message about segmentation fault

    bt

                     bt means  back trace. It writes the sequence of
called routes

    q

                        just to quit

Send us what you have on the screen.

Best

     Alexander Pukhov

On 12/4/20 11:50 AM, ujala nawaz wrote:
> Question #694313 on CalcHEP changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/calchep/+question/694313
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> ujala nawaz is still having a problem:
> yes i have a problem launching ./calchep inside work directory
>

Revision history for this message
ujala nawaz (ujala) said :
#4

1.I am using Linux operating system and 3.7.5 version of calchep.
2.The following errors are listed below
#0 __isoc99_fscanf (stream=0x0, format=0x5555555f2c94 "%[^\n]")
    at isoc99_fscanf.c:30
#1 0x0000555555583557 in readModelFiles (path=0x5555555ef62c "./models", l=10)
    at read_mdl.c:1303
#2 0x000055555555e58b in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fffffffdd78) at s_calchep.c:199

Revision history for this message
Alexander Pukhov (pukhov) said :
#5

Thanks.

I seems, one of model files is absent. You try to read model which is
not complete

On 12/8/20 1:45 PM, ujala nawaz wrote:
> Question #694313 on CalcHEP changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/calchep/+question/694313
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> ujala nawaz is still having a problem:
> 1.I am using Linux operating system and 3.7.5 version of calchep.
> 2.The following errors are listed below
> #0 __isoc99_fscanf (stream=0x0, format=0x5555555f2c94 "%[^\n]") //

You see, *stream=0x0*

**CalcHEP tries to read a file which was on open. *
*

  We have to add a couple of printf instructions to understand which
file is absent.

Open c_sources/symb/read_mdl.c  line 1301. Here we create name of file

           sprintf(fname_var,"%s/%s%d.mdl",path,ext[0],l);

Print this name, please

                       printf("%s\n", fname_var);

At next line we try to open the file

            FILE *f=fopen(fname_var,"r");

Let us check result

                       printf("FILE=%p\n", f);

To recompile calchep call make in  c_sources/symb

Then call ./calchep again and send me screen  output.

Best

     Alexander Pukhov

PS: It could be that file name is too long, or  for some reason the
file was lost. *
*

*
*

> at isoc99_fscanf.c:30
> #1 0x0000555555583557 in readModelFiles (path=0x5555555ef62c "./models", l=10)
> at read_mdl.c:1303
> #2 0x000055555555e58b in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fffffffdd78) at s_calchep.c:199
>

Revision history for this message
Alexander Belyaev (alexander.belyaev) said :
#6

To solve this problem effectively,
please let us know

1. goto your work folder and

a) type
pwd
presse "Enter" and send us the result
b)
 list models in your "models" folder
ls -alF models
presse "Enter" and send us the results=

2. what is the model are you using?

3. if this is your model
   a) how did you import it?
   b) could you send it to us (<email address hidden>)?

Thank you
Alexander

Revision history for this message
Alexander Belyaev (alexander.belyaev) said :
#7

The problem was solved with rm tmp/*
command