Zim

Link to date greyed out

Asked by Tony Martin on 2016-02-03

May not be a bug but a mistaken expectation. However, when I insert a date (ctrl-d) there is an option to "Link to date" which is greyed out. I would expect it to either create a journal page and link to it, or find an existing journal page and link to that.

My question, have I understood the purpose of this option? If so, why can I not select it?

Thanks for your consideration.

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
Zim Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
Jaap Karssenberg
Solved:
2016-02-22
Last query:
2016-02-22
Last reply:
2016-02-22

p.s. version 0.60 from the Ubuntu 14.04 repository.

Yes, that is what the function should do. However it may be greyed out when
the journal plugin is not enabled.

-- Jaap

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Tony Martin <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Question #284455 on Zim changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/zim/+question/284455
>
> Tony Martin gave more information on the question:
> p.s. version 0.60 from the Ubuntu 14.04 repository.
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for Zim.
>

Thanks for your quick reply. I've attached a couple of screen shots.
The plugin certainly seems to be selected, but the option is greyed out.

Tony

On Wed, 2016-02-03 at 08:58 +0000, Jaap Karssenberg wrote:
> Your question #284455 on Zim changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/zim/+question/284455
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Jaap Karssenberg proposed the following answer:
> Yes, that is what the function should do. However it may be greyed out when
> the journal plugin is not enabled.
>
> -- Jaap
>
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Tony Martin <
> <email address hidden>> wrote:
>
> > Question #284455 on Zim changed:
> > https://answers.launchpad.net/zim/+question/284455
> >
> > Tony Martin gave more information on the question:
> > p.s. version 0.60 from the Ubuntu 14.04 repository.
> >
> > --
> > You received this question notification because you are an answer
> > contact for Zim.
> >
>

Launchpad Janitor (janitor) said : #4

This question was expired because it remained in the 'Open' state without activity for the last 15 days.

Did you not acknowledge that this was a bug?

Hi Tony,

Can't see any screenshots in the "question" interface, but if journal plugin is enables and the options to link to a date is disabled, that is definitely a bug.

Verifying in version 0.65 it works as intended.

Regards,

Jaap

Thanks Jaap Karssenberg, that solved my question.

Apologies. I've added your repository and it does indeed work fine in
0.65.

Thank you for your support.

Tony

On Mon, 2016-02-22 at 20:32 +0000, Jaap Karssenberg wrote:
> Your question #284455 on Zim changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/zim/+question/284455
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Jaap Karssenberg proposed the following answer:
> Hi Tony,
>
> Can't see any screenshots in the "question" interface, but if journal
> plugin is enables and the options to link to a date is disabled, that is
> definitely a bug.
>
> Verifying in version 0.65 it works as intended.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jaap
>