Need help to use fractions class

Asked by Theuns on 2015-10-28

I hope you can help me? I am busy developing an windows application in .net framework 4.0. I need to create fractions to display in stack format. After a lot of research it looks like the wpf-math will do the trick.

The problem is, I cannot figure out how to use the fraction class, with atoms ext. I want to display and do the maths in a richtextbox. Did you get some documentation?

Is there someplace an example I can see or use.

Your help will much be appreciated, I really need this urgent.

Thank you in advance.

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
WPF-Math Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2015-10-30
Last reply:
2015-10-30
Alexander Regueiro (alexreg) said : #1

Hi Theuns,

I’m afraid I don’t really maintain WPF-Math any more, but I can give you a little advice. Firstly, have you tried the sample program? Inputting some LaTeX code like \frac{1}{9} should show you what you want. This can be rendered to any sort of WPF canvas, so I’m sure you can adapt it to rendering to an item (custom flow element?) in a RichTextBox, but it’s beyond my immediate knowledge. Good luck!

Cheers,
Alex

> On 28 Oct 2015, at 07:38, Theuns <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> New question #273279 on WPF-Math:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/wpf-math/+question/273279
>
> I hope you can help me? I am busy developing an windows application in .net framework 4.0. I need to create fractions to display in stack format. After a lot of research it looks like the wpf-math will do the trick.
>
> The problem is, I cannot figure out how to use the fraction class, with atoms ext. I want to display and do the maths in a richtextbox. Did you get some documentation?
>
> Is there someplace an example I can see or use.
>
> Your help will much be appreciated, I really need this urgent.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for WPF-Math.

Theuns (theuns-5) said : #2

Hi Alex

Thank you for the reply. I did look at the sample code, but could not figure anything out.

If you can help with this function it will be great.

FractionAtom oFract = new FractionAtom('Needs Atom','needs Atom' , true);

Regards

Theuns Hall

<email address hidden> || +27 (0) 72 125 0981 || www.GreaterGroup.co.za

This message and attachments contains information intended for the use and/or perusal, by the indicated addressee(s) only. Any unauthorised use, distribution, dissemination or disclosure of this message, in whatever form (directly or indirectly), by anyone other than the addressee is prohibited. Greater Computer Software CC does not accept responsibility for any amendments made to any attached documents without its approval. Please notify the sender immediately, should you receive this message in error and destroy the original message. The views or opinions contained in this message, express or implied, may not necessarily be those of the management of Greater Computer Software CC, unless that sender expressly states them to be the views or opinions of an entity or person, who shall be named by the sender and who the sender shall state to represent. Greater Computer Software CCt does not accept any liability for damage, loss, expense or otherwise from this message and/or attachments

-----Original Message-----
From: <email address hidden> [mailto:<email address hidden>] On Behalf Of Alexander Regueiro
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 3:37 AM
To: Theuns Hall
Subject: Re: [Question #273279]: Need help to use fractions class

Your question #273279 on WPF-Math changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/wpf-math/+question/273279

    Status: Open => Answered

Alexander Regueiro proposed the following answer:
Hi Theuns,

I’m afraid I don’t really maintain WPF-Math any more, but I can give you a little advice. Firstly, have you tried the sample program? Inputting some LaTeX code like \frac{1}{9} should show you what you want. This can be rendered to any sort of WPF canvas, so I’m sure you can adapt it to rendering to an item (custom flow element?) in a RichTextBox, but it’s beyond my immediate knowledge. Good luck!

Cheers,
Alex

> On 28 Oct 2015, at 07:38, Theuns <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> New question #273279 on WPF-Math:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/wpf-math/+question/273279
>
> I hope you can help me? I am busy developing an windows application in .net framework 4.0. I need to create fractions to display in stack format. After a lot of research it looks like the wpf-math will do the trick.
>
> The problem is, I cannot figure out how to use the fraction class, with atoms ext. I want to display and do the maths in a richtextbox. Did you get some documentation?
>
> Is there someplace an example I can see or use.
>
> Your help will much be appreciated, I really need this urgent.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for WPF-Math.

--
If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us know that it is solved:
https://answers.launchpad.net/wpf-math/+question/273279/+confirm?answer_id=0

If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the following page to enter your feedback:
https://answers.launchpad.net/wpf-math/+question/273279

You received this question notification because you asked the question.

Alexander Regueiro (alexreg) said : #3

Don’t use the Atom classes directly. They’re only meant to be used internally. Everything you want should be in the renderer class, and shown in the sample.

Cheers.

> On 30 Oct 2015, at 14:32, Theuns <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Question #273279 on WPF-Math changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/wpf-math/+question/273279
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> Theuns is still having a problem:
> Hi Alex
>
> Thank you for the reply. I did look at the sample code, but could not
> figure anything out.
>
> If you can help with this function it will be great.
>
> FractionAtom oFract = new FractionAtom('Needs Atom','needs Atom' ,
> true);
>
> Regards
>
> Theuns Hall
>
>
>
> <email address hidden> || +27 (0) 72 125 0981 ||
> www.GreaterGroup.co.za
>
>
> This message and attachments contains information intended for the use and/or perusal, by the indicated addressee(s) only. Any unauthorised use, distribution, dissemination or disclosure of this message, in whatever form (directly or indirectly), by anyone other than the addressee is prohibited. Greater Computer Software CC does not accept responsibility for any amendments made to any attached documents without its approval. Please notify the sender immediately, should you receive this message in error and destroy the original message. The views or opinions contained in this message, express or implied, may not necessarily be those of the management of Greater Computer Software CC, unless that sender expressly states them to be the views or opinions of an entity or person, who shall be named by the sender and who the sender shall state to represent. Greater Computer Software CCt does not accept any liability for damage, loss, expense or otherwise from this message and/or attachments
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: <email address hidden> [mailto:<email address hidden>] On Behalf Of Alexander Regueiro
> Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 3:37 AM
> To: Theuns Hall
> Subject: Re: [Question #273279]: Need help to use fractions class
>
> Your question #273279 on WPF-Math changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/wpf-math/+question/273279
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Alexander Regueiro proposed the following answer:
> Hi Theuns,
>
> I’m afraid I don’t really maintain WPF-Math any more, but I can give you
> a little advice. Firstly, have you tried the sample program? Inputting
> some LaTeX code like \frac{1}{9} should show you what you want. This can
> be rendered to any sort of WPF canvas, so I’m sure you can adapt it to
> rendering to an item (custom flow element?) in a RichTextBox, but it’s
> beyond my immediate knowledge. Good luck!
>
> Cheers,
> Alex
>
>> On 28 Oct 2015, at 07:38, Theuns <email address hidden> wrote:
>>
>> New question #273279 on WPF-Math:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/wpf-math/+question/273279
>>
>> I hope you can help me? I am busy developing an windows application in .net framework 4.0. I need to create fractions to display in stack format. After a lot of research it looks like the wpf-math will do the trick.
>>
>> The problem is, I cannot figure out how to use the fraction class, with atoms ext. I want to display and do the maths in a richtextbox. Did you get some documentation?
>>
>> Is there someplace an example I can see or use.
>>
>> Your help will much be appreciated, I really need this urgent.
>>
>> Thank you in advance.
>>
>>
>> --
>> You received this question notification because you are an answer
>> contact for WPF-Math.
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/wpf-math/+question/273279/+confirm?answer_id=0
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/wpf-math/+question/273279
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for WPF-Math.

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask Theuns for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.