No translation file found

Asked by TerryG80 on 2010-01-05

After using wiithon flawlessly a few times I took my wii to my uncles and on returning home wiithon won't launch. When running through terminal this gets returned to me:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/games/wiithon", line 114, in <module>
    App()
  File "/usr/games/wiithon", line 48, in App
    util.configurarLenguaje(prefs.APPLICATION_LANGUAGE)
  File "/usr/share/wiithon/util.py", line 519, in configurarLenguaje
    setLanguage(inicial)
  File "/usr/share/wiithon/util.py", line 485, in setLanguage
    lang = gettext.translation(config.APP, languages=[locale])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/gettext.py", line 484, in translation
    raise IOError(ENOENT, 'No translation file found for domain', domain)
IOError: [Errno 2] No translation file found for domain: 'wiithon'

As far as I know nothing has changed with my setup. Any ideas? I've tried running as su and running the command export LANGUAGE=en;wiithon with no luck.

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
wiithon Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
Carlo Mandelli
Solved:
2010-01-06
Last query:
2010-01-06
Last reply:
2010-01-05
Best Carlo Mandelli (camandel) said : #1

I think that your translation file (/usr/share/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/wiithon.mo) has been deleted.
Try to reinstall wiithon deb package.

TerryG80 (terryg80) said : #2

Thanks Carlo Mandelli, that solved my question.

Hi Carlo Mandelli. I am also getting same error

c:\Temp\uilint-master>python uilint.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "uilint.py", line 501, in <module>
    'messages',localedir,[current_locale]
  File "C:\Users\vvmvdlm\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\gettext.py", line 524, in tra
    'No translation file found for domain', domain)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No translation file found for domain: 'messages'

Below is my code snap:

localedir='C:\\Users\\vvmvdlm\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python37-32\\share\\locale\\en\\LC_MESSAGES'

  _ = gettext.translation(
    'messages',localedir,'en'
  ).gettext
  language.install()

please advice