How do I completely remove and reinstall the Ubuntu One client software?
- Last updated by:
- Matt Griffin on on 2010-05-03
The following steps can be followed to completely remove the Ubuntu One client software, then reinstall, and test that the new install is working properly.
Before performing this process, check the Ubuntu One status page to ensure that sync problems are not related to known issues.
REMOVING UBUNTU ONE CLIENT
In order to completely remove the Ubuntu One client from your computer, please do the following (commands prefaced with $ are to be run in a terminal session, without the $ at the beginning):
1. Quit the Ubuntu One client
2. $ sudo rm -rf ~/.local/
3. $ rm -rf ~/.cache/ubuntuone
4. $ rm -rf ~/.config/ubuntuone
5. $ mv ~/Ubuntu\ One/ ~/Ubuntu\ One_old/
6. Open Applications-
7. $ sudo apt-get purge ubuntuone-client* python-
REINSTALLING UBUNTU ONE CLIENT
And to reinstall the Ubuntu One client software, continue by following these steps:
8. $ sudo apt-get install ubuntuone-client* python-
9. Open Applications-
TESTING THE NEW UBUNTU ONE CLIENT INSTALL
And, finally, to ensure your account is working properly, do the following:
10. Put a small text file in the newly created ~/Ubuntu One/ directory and make sure that syncs correctly, if not, please report a bug by right-clicking on the Ubuntu One client and selecting "Report a Problem"
11. If all goes well this far, move the files and folders from ~/Ubuntu One_old/ to ~/Ubuntu One/ and the sync should happen