I can not update AVG

Asked by lennartstromvig@msn.com on 2009-06-07

Binary package hint: yelp

I can not update AVG

ProblemType: Bug
Architecture: i386
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 8.10
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/yelp
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
Package: yelp 2.24.0-0ubuntu2
ProcEnviron:
 PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games
 LANG=da_DK.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: yelp
Uname: Linux 2.6.27-14-generic i686

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
Ubuntu yelp Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
Larry Jordan
Solved:
2009-07-24
Last query:
2009-07-24
Last reply:
2009-07-15

This question was originally filed as bug #384477.

Lukáš Zapletal (lzap) said : #2

If you mean AVG (antivirus) - please note this is commerical product. Canonical is not able to support commerical product.

If this is not about the anvivirus system made by Czech company please give us more information. What happened?

Hi. Thank you for your respons.

I meant AVG-Antivirus, and I will try to find another solution about protection.

Have a nice day.

Regards from Lennart

> Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 21:29:04 +0000
> From: <email address hidden>
> To: <email address hidden>
> Subject: [Bug 384477] Re: I can not update AVG
>
> If you mean AVG (antivirus) - please note this is commerical product.
> Canonical is not able to support commerical product.
>
> If this is not about the anvivirus system made by Czech company please
> give us more information. What happened?
>
> --
> I can not update AVG
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/384477
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in “yelp” source package in Ubuntu: New
>
> Bug description:
> Binary package hint: yelp
>
> I can not update AVG
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> Architecture: i386
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 8.10
> ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/yelp
> NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
> Package: yelp 2.24.0-0ubuntu2
> ProcEnviron:
> PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games
> LANG=da_DK.UTF-8
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> SourcePackage: yelp
> Uname: Linux 2.6.27-14-generic i686

_________________________________________________________________
Få 25 GB lagerplads på nettet!
http://www.microsoft.com/danmark/windows/windowslive/products/skydrive.aspx

Pedro Villavicencio (pedro) said : #4

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue and helping to make Ubuntu better. Examining the information you have given us, this does not appear to be a bug report so we are closing it and converting it to a question in the support tracker. We appreciate the difficulties you are facing, but it would make more sense to raise problems you are having in the support tracker at https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu if you are uncertain if they are bugs. For help on reporting bugs, see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs.

Best Larry Jordan (larryjor) said : #6

     Personally, I like f-prot, which is free to Linux users. You might try that if you want a free (and good) antivirus program with free updates.

Thank you for the answer. In the meantime I have found another free AntiVirus-program, Avast. And it'a all right for me.

Regeadr from Lennart

> To: <email address hidden>
> From: <email address hidden>
> Subject: Re: [Question #73649]: I can not update AVG
> Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 18:12:48 +0000
>
> Your question #73649 on yelp in ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/yelp/+question/73649
>
> Larry Jordan proposed the following answer:
> Personally, I like f-prot, which is free to Linux users. You might
> try that if you want a free (and good) antivirus program with free
> updates.
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/yelp/+question/73649/+confirm?answer_id=5
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/yelp/+question/73649
>
> You received this question notification because you are a direct
> subscriber of the question.

_________________________________________________________________
Få 25 GB lagerplads på nettet!
http://www.microsoft.com/danmark/windows/windowslive/products/skydrive.aspx

Hello Larry.

Before I got your answer, I have solved my problem by downloading Avast Antivir. And it works fine with Linux. Sorry I forgot to tell you about it!

Many regards from Lennart Stromvig

PS! Have a nice weekend!