Been Try to modify the task bar and have had no luck I crash the system twice already need some input ... would like to atleast set it to auto hide ... can anyone help me?

Asked by Cristino J Olano on 2012-12-29

in the older ubuntu I was able to auto hide and even remove the task bar and the lunch so I could use just the dock program ...

now when I try the same thing my system locks up or crashes ...

...I would like to atleast auto hide it .

I just upgraded for the first time in a very long time and I may have to go back to my old version which was before version 11.

thanks for the help...Cris

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
Ubuntu unity Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2012-12-29
Last reply:
2012-12-29

Do you mean a dock like docky or avant-window-navigator? Are you basically wanting a desktop like this:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8850924/raring.png

Cristino J Olano (crjolano) said : #2

yes . I mean docky ...

Cristino J Olano (crjolano) said : #3

That is exactly how I want it... for some reason i keep crashing the system.

Cristino J Olano (crjolano) said : #4

Yes I do mean exactly like that

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 8:35 AM, Cristino J Olano <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #217873 on Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/217873
>
> You gave more information on the question:
> That is exactly how I want it... for some reason i keep crashing the
> system.
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Cristino J Olano (crjolano) said : #5

got lost here I have been away for a while My brain is not what it use to
be ... still need the help

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Cristino J Olano <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #217873 on Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/217873
>
> You gave more information on the question:
> Yes I do mean exactly like that
>
> On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 8:35 AM, Cristino J Olano <
> <email address hidden>> wrote:
>
> > Your question #217873 on Ubuntu changed:
> > https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/217873
> >
> > You gave more information on the question:
> > That is exactly how I want it... for some reason i keep crashing the
> > system.
> >
> > --
> > You received this question notification because you asked the question.
> >
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Cristino J Olano (crjolano) said : #6

Sorry for the confusion ... still need the help, Please?

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Cristino J Olano <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #217873 on Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/217873
>
> You gave more information on the question:
> Yes I do mean exactly like that
>
> On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 8:35 AM, Cristino J Olano <
> <email address hidden>> wrote:
>
> > Your question #217873 on Ubuntu changed:
> > https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/217873
> >
> > You gave more information on the question:
> > That is exactly how I want it... for some reason i keep crashing the
> > system.
> >
> > --
> > You received this question notification because you asked the question.
> >
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Then I recommend you install the gnome-panel package, log off then log in to the new session in the login screen (see under the Ubuntu logo near your username).

You can then kill the gnome-panel service at startup and run docky :)

The image there is LXDE with lxpanel killed then launch docky. I use xcompmgr to get compositing in the Openbox WM.

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask Cristino J Olano for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.