Installation Problem of Parashara Light(all Versions)

Asked by Shravana on 2013-03-21

I could not install Parashara Light in Ubuntu 12.10.I had successfully installed in Windows xp. Is there any way to istall it?

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
Ubuntu ubuntu-docs Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
Manfred Hampl
Solved:
2013-04-04
Last query:
2013-04-04
Last reply:
2013-04-04
Manfred Hampl (m-hampl) said : #1

If you had it running on Windows XP, Parashara Light seems to be a program for Windows and not for Ubuntu.
An installation on Ubuntu might be possible with help of the wine emulator, and apparently someone has already tried that with version 6.1 and did have some success. See http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=6197 and http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?bIsQueue=false&bIsRejected=false&sClass=vendor&iId=3074&sAction=view&sTitle=View+Developer

Shravana (shravanaputtu) said : #2

i could not even download Wine,it is showing error message when i try to
download it

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 2:41 PM, Shravana <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> New question #224813 on ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>
> I could not install Parashara Light in Ubuntu 12.10.I had successfully
> installed in Windows xp. Is there any way to istall it?
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Manfred Hampl (m-hampl) said : #3

To check the cause of the problems please open a terminal (e.g. by pressing ctrl-alt-t) and issue the commands

lsb_release -a
uname -a
dpkg --print-architecture
dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine

Then select all output (by using "edit - select all" in the menu of the terminal), copy all output (edit - copy) and paste as response into this question document.

Shravana (shravanaputtu) said : #4

This is the output i got when i test in Terminal.
ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 12.10
Release: 12.10
Codename: quantal
ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ uname -a
Linux ubuntu 3.5.0-26-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 8 23:18:20 UTC 2013
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ dpkg --print-architectures
dpkg: error: unknown option --print-architectures

Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages [*];
Use `dselect' or `aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;

Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through `less' or
`more' !
ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ dpkg --print-architectures
dpkg: error: unknown option --print-architectures

Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages [*];
Use `dselect' or `aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;

Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through `less' or
`more' !
ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ dpkg --foreign-architectures
dpkg: error: unknown option --foreign-architectures

Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages [*];
Use `dselect' or `aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;

Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through `less' or
`more' !
ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get update
[sudo] password for ramakrishna:
sSorry, try again.
[sudo] password for ramakrishna:

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Manfred Hampl <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #224813 on ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
> Manfred Hampl requested more information:
> To check the cause of the problems please open a terminal (e.g. by
> pressing ctrl-alt-t) and issue the commands
>
> lsb_release -a
> uname -a
> dpkg --print-architecture
> dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install wine
>
> Then select all output (by using "edit - select all" in the menu of the
> terminal), copy all output (edit - copy) and paste as response into this
> question document.
>
> --
> To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
> this email or enter your reply at the following page:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Manfred Hampl (m-hampl) said : #5

Please be carefuly, you mistyped several commands! You better use copy/paste insted of retyping.

dpkg --print-architecture
dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine

Shravana (shravanaputtu) said : #6

ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 12.10
Release: 12.10
Codename: quantal
ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ dpkg --print-architectures
dpkg: error: unknown option --print-architectures

Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages [*];
Use `dselect' or `aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;

Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through `less' or
`more' !
ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get update
[sudo] password for ramakrishna:

Sorry, try again.
[sudo] password for ramakrishna:
Sorry, try again.
[sudo] password for ramakrishna:

Sorry, try again.
sudo: 3 incorrect password attempts
ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$
ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install wine
[sudo] password for ramakrishna:

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Shravana <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #224813 on ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>
> Status: Needs information => Open
>
> You gave more information on the question:
> This is the output i got when i test in Terminal.
> ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ lsb_release -a
> No LSB modules are available.
> Distributor ID: Ubuntu
> Description: Ubuntu 12.10
> Release: 12.10
> Codename: quantal
> ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ uname -a
> Linux ubuntu 3.5.0-26-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 8 23:18:20 UTC 2013
> x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ dpkg --print-architectures
> dpkg: error: unknown option --print-architectures
>
> Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages [*];
> Use `dselect' or `aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
> Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
> Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
> Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;
>
> Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through `less' or
> `more' !
> ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ dpkg --print-architectures
> dpkg: error: unknown option --print-architectures
>
> Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages [*];
> Use `dselect' or `aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
> Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
> Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
> Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;
>
> Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through `less' or
> `more' !
> ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ dpkg --foreign-architectures
> dpkg: error: unknown option --foreign-architectures
>
> Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages [*];
> Use `dselect' or `aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
> Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
> Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
> Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;
>
> Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through `less' or
> `more' !
> ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get update
> [sudo] password for ramakrishna:
> sSorry, try again.
> [sudo] password for ramakrishna:
>
>
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Manfred Hampl <
> <email address hidden>> wrote:
>
> > Your question #224813 on ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu changed:
> >
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
> >
> > Status: Open => Needs information
> >
> > Manfred Hampl requested more information:
> > To check the cause of the problems please open a terminal (e.g. by
> > pressing ctrl-alt-t) and issue the commands
> >
> > lsb_release -a
> > uname -a
> > dpkg --print-architecture
> > dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
> > sudo apt-get update
> > sudo apt-get install wine
> >
> > Then select all output (by using "edit - select all" in the menu of the
> > terminal), copy all output (edit - copy) and paste as response into this
> > question document.
> >
> > --
> > To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
> > this email or enter your reply at the following page:
> >
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
> >
> > You received this question notification because you asked the question.
> >
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Manfred Hampl (m-hampl) said : #7

One of the commands that I requested and that you mistyped again is
dpkg --print-architecture
(without "s" at the end!)

You need to provide your password when requested for the "sudo apt-get" commands. Please note that you will not see anything when you type it in (no echo, not even '*' placeholders). So when you see the "[sudo] password for ramakrishna:" prompt, just type your password and press the 'Return' key.

Shravana (shravanaputtu) said : #8

what password?

Shravana (shravanaputtu) said : #9

Pls pardon me...:( i am new to Linux Ubuntu thats y i am asking so many
questions and doing wrong things and torturing u like this...:( i am sorry:(

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Shravana <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #224813 on ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>
> Status: Needs information => Open
>
> You gave more information on the question:
> ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ lsb_release -a
> No LSB modules are available.
> Distributor ID: Ubuntu
> Description: Ubuntu 12.10
> Release: 12.10
> Codename: quantal
> ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ dpkg --print-architectures
> dpkg: error: unknown option --print-architectures
>
> Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages [*];
> Use `dselect' or `aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
> Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
> Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
> Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;
>
> Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through `less' or
> `more' !
> ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
> ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
> ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get update
> [sudo] password for ramakrishna:
>
> Sorry, try again.
> [sudo] password for ramakrishna:
> Sorry, try again.
> [sudo] password for ramakrishna:
>
> Sorry, try again.
> sudo: 3 incorrect password attempts
> ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$
> ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install wine
> [sudo] password for ramakrishna:
>
>
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Shravana <
> <email address hidden>> wrote:
>
> > Your question #224813 on ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu changed:
> >
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
> >
> > Status: Needs information => Open
> >
> > You gave more information on the question:
> > This is the output i got when i test in Terminal.
> > ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ lsb_release -a
> > No LSB modules are available.
> > Distributor ID: Ubuntu
> > Description: Ubuntu 12.10
> > Release: 12.10
> > Codename: quantal
> > ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ uname -a
> > Linux ubuntu 3.5.0-26-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 8 23:18:20 UTC 2013
> > x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> > ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ dpkg --print-architectures
> > dpkg: error: unknown option --print-architectures
> >
> > Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages [*];
> > Use `dselect' or `aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
> > Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
> > Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
> > Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;
> >
> > Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through `less' or
> > `more' !
> > ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ dpkg --print-architectures
> > dpkg: error: unknown option --print-architectures
> >
> > Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages [*];
> > Use `dselect' or `aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
> > Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
> > Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
> > Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;
> >
> > Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through `less' or
> > `more' !
> > ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ dpkg --foreign-architectures
> > dpkg: error: unknown option --foreign-architectures
> >
> > Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages [*];
> > Use `dselect' or `aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
> > Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
> > Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
> > Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;
> >
> > Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through `less' or
> > `more' !
> > ramakrishna@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get update
> > [sudo] password for ramakrishna:
> > sSorry, try again.
> > [sudo] password for ramakrishna:
> >
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Manfred Hampl <
> > <email address hidden>> wrote:
> >
> > > Your question #224813 on ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu changed:
> > >
> >
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
> > >
> > > Status: Open => Needs information
> > >
> > > Manfred Hampl requested more information:
> > > To check the cause of the problems please open a terminal (e.g. by
> > > pressing ctrl-alt-t) and issue the commands
> > >
> > > lsb_release -a
> > > uname -a
> > > dpkg --print-architecture
> > > dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
> > > sudo apt-get update
> > > sudo apt-get install wine
> > >
> > > Then select all output (by using "edit - select all" in the menu of the
> > > terminal), copy all output (edit - copy) and paste as response into
> this
> > > question document.
> > >
> > > --
> > > To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
> > > this email or enter your reply at the following page:
> > >
> >
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
> > >
> > > You received this question notification because you asked the question.
> > >
> >
> > --
> > You received this question notification because you asked the question.
> >
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Manfred Hampl (m-hampl) said : #10

Ubuntu distiguishes between normal user actions and administrative tasks. System-wide modifications can only be done by an administrator. Ubuntu uses the concept of least provileges and advises that everyone should work with administrative rights only wen required, and all other tasks should be done with normal user rights. To provide a simple means of granting administrative rights, the sudo (and for graphical applications gksudo) programs have been provided. When you put "sudo" in front of a command, that command is executed with administrative privileges. As confirmation to switch to admin rights, the user is asked to enter his own password. This works only, if the user has set a non-empty password. So if you have a blank password, you have to change it. Note: Only those users can use the sudo command, who have been granted admin rights, and I guess that your user ID has got that right.

For background information and more details see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RootSudo

Shravana (shravanaputtu) said : #11

how to create administrative password?

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM, Manfred Hampl <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #224813 on ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Manfred Hampl proposed the following answer:
> Ubuntu distiguishes between normal user actions and administrative
> tasks. System-wide modifications can only be done by an administrator.
> Ubuntu uses the concept of least provileges and advises that everyone
> should work with administrative rights only wen required, and all other
> tasks should be done with normal user rights. To provide a simple means
> of granting administrative rights, the sudo (and for graphical
> applications gksudo) programs have been provided. When you put "sudo" in
> front of a command, that command is executed with administrative
> privileges. As confirmation to switch to admin rights, the user is asked
> to enter his own password. This works only, if the user has set a non-
> empty password. So if you have a blank password, you have to change it.
> Note: Only those users can use the sudo command, who have been granted
> admin rights, and I guess that your user ID has got that right.
>
> For background information and more details see
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RootSudo
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813/+confirm?answer_id=9
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

The password you login with is your admin password.

Did you check on the wine appdb for compatibility? It may be known to not work. This would moot these efforts.

Shravana (shravanaputtu) said : #13

When i tried to install Wine im getting these errors
PreDepends: dpkg (>= 1.15.7.2~) but 1.16.7ubuntu6 is to be installed
         Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14) but 2.15-0ubuntu20.1 is to be installed
         Depends: wine1.4-amd64 (= 1.4.1-0ubuntu1) but 1.4.1-0ubuntu1 is to
be installed
         Depends: wine1.4-i386 (= 1.4.1-0ubuntu1) but it is not going to be
installed

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 6:35 PM, actionparsnip <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #224813 on ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
> actionparsnip requested more information:
> The password you login with is your admin password.
>
> Did you check on the wine appdb for compatibility? It may be known to
> not work. This would moot these efforts.
>
> --
> To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
> this email or enter your reply at the following page:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Shravana (shravanaputtu) said : #14

what is appdb?

Search the web and you will find out.

Shravana (shravanaputtu) said : #16

For sudo password its not accepting any characters in terminal(alt+ctrl+t)

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM, actionparsnip <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #224813 on ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> actionparsnip proposed the following answer:
> Search the web and you will find out.
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813/+confirm?answer_id=14
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

sudo doesnt give visual feedback but the input is being accepted

Manfred Hampl (m-hampl) said : #18

Guess you also need to issue the command
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

Shravana (shravanaputtu) said : #19

How to install wine?i could not download from software center. When i
try,ill get this error 'q4wine: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14) but
2.15-0ubuntu20.1 is to be installed
        Depends: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1) but 1:4.7.2-2ubuntu1 is to be
installed
        Depends: libqt4-dbus (>= 4:4.5.3) but 4:4.8.3+dfsg-0ubuntu3.1 is to
be installed
        Depends: libqt4-network (>= 4:4.5.3) but 4:4.8.3+dfsg-0ubuntu3.1 is
to be installed
        Depends: libqt4-sql (>= 4:4.5.3) but 4:4.8.3+dfsg-0ubuntu3.1 is to
be installed
        Depends: libqt4-xml (>= 4:4.5.3) but 4:4.8.3+dfsg-0ubuntu3.1 is to
be installed
        Depends: libqtcore4 (>= 4:4.8.0) but 4:4.8.3+dfsg-0ubuntu3.1 is to
be installed
        Depends: libqtgui4 (>= 4:4.5.3) but 4:4.8.3+dfsg-0ubuntu3.1 is to
be installed
        Depends: libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1) but 4.7.2-2ubuntu1 is to be
installed'

Manfred Hampl (m-hampl) said : #20

Please try again by opening a terminal and issuing these commands:

dpkg --print-architecture
dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install wine

Finally select all output, copy it and paste into this question document that we can see the results.

Shravana (shravanaputtu) said : #21

i did install wine from the above help given by u... bt could not run
parashara... im getting errors

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Manfred Hampl <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #224813 on ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
> Manfred Hampl requested more information:
> Please try again by opening a terminal and issuing these commands:
>
> dpkg --print-architecture
> dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get upgrade
> sudo apt-get install wine
>
> Finally select all output, copy it and paste into this question document
> that we can see the results.
>
> --
> To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
> this email or enter your reply at the following page:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Manfred Hampl (m-hampl) said : #22

Please provide more details about the errors that you get. Without more information it is not possible to help.

Shravana (shravanaputtu) said : #23

Here is the bug report attached to this mail. I am getting the err that
wine might not installed properly... but as ur advice,i had installed via
terminal and was successful....

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Manfred Hampl <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #224813 on ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
> Manfred Hampl requested more information:
> Please provide more details about the errors that you get. Without more
> information it is not possible to help.
>
> --
> To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
> this email or enter your reply at the following page:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Manfred Hampl (m-hampl) said : #24

Providing files as attachments is not possible with launchpad answers.
Please put all information into the text or upload the file to http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/ and provide the link reference in the text.

Shravana (shravanaputtu) said : #25

'The program PL61.EXE has encountered a serious problem needs to close. We
are sorry for the inconvience.
This can be caused by a problem in the program or a defiency i Wine. You
may want to check th Application Database for tips about running this
application.'
this is the error showing...

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Shravana <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #224813 on ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>
> Status: Needs information => Open
>
> You gave more information on the question:
> Here is the bug report attached to this mail. I am getting the err that
> wine might not installed properly... but as ur advice,i had installed via
> terminal and was successful....
>
>
> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Manfred Hampl <
> <email address hidden>> wrote:
>
> > Your question #224813 on ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu changed:
> >
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
> >
> > Status: Open => Needs information
> >
> > Manfred Hampl requested more information:
> > Please provide more details about the errors that you get. Without more
> > information it is not possible to help.
> >
> > --
> > To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
> > this email or enter your reply at the following page:
> >
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
> >
> > You received this question notification because you asked the question.
> >
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Shravana (shravanaputtu) said : #26

Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x0000006c in 32-bit code
(0x004960c4).
Register dump:
 CS:0023 SS:002b DS:002b ES:002b FS:0063 GS:006b
 EIP:004960c4 ESP:0033fa74 EBP:0033fa84 EFLAGS:00010246( R- -- I Z- -P- )
 EAX:0033faa8 EBX:39ef7bc0 ECX:00000000 EDX:00184b68
 ESI:00589688 EDI:00589688
Stack dump:
0x0033fa74: 00521dbd ffffffff 00589688 00000001
0x0033fa84: 0033fab4 00497a72 0033faa8 0000015f
0x0033fa94: 39ee7493 00000001 39ef7bc0 3fffffff
0x0033faa4: 00000014 0033fb08 7ed19fbe 00184b40
0x0033fab4: 0033fb74 0052f3b2 0033fb80 00000001
0x0033fac4: 0033fb7c 00000000 00000101 00000000
Backtrace:
=>0 0x004960c4 in pl61 (+0x960c4) (0x0033fa84)
  1 0x00497a72 in pl61 (+0x97a71) (0x0033fab4)
  2 0x0052f3b2 in pl61 (+0x12f3b1) (0x0033fb74)
  3 0x0051583c in pl61 (+0x11583b) (0x0033fcec)
  4 0x00494fd2 in pl61 (+0x94fd1) (0x0033fd10)
  5 0x004f1cfe in pl61 (+0xf1cfd) (0x0033fd84)
  6 0x00549989 in pl61 (+0x149988) (0x0033fdc4)
  7 0x005498c2 in pl61 (+0x1498c1) (0x0033fe60)
  8 0x7b85f1bc call_process_entry+0xb() in kernel32 (0x0033fe78)
  9 0x7b86043b in kernel32 (+0x5043a) (0x0033feb8)
  10 0x7bc78d00 call_thread_func_wrapper+0xb() in ntdll (0x0033fed8)
  11 0x7bc7bd0d call_thread_func+0x7c() in ntdll (0x0033ffa8)
  12 0x7bc78cde RtlRaiseException+0x21() in ntdll (0x0033ffc8)
  13 0x7bc4df9e call_dll_entry_point+0x33d() in ntdll (0x0033ffe8)
  14 0xf761b4ed wine_call_on_stack+0x1c() in libwine.so.1 (0x00000000)
  15 0xf761b5ab wine_switch_to_stack+0x2a() in libwine.so.1 (0xff9a50d8)
  16 0x7bc53e15 LdrInitializeThunk+0x3c4() in ntdll (0xff9a5148)
  17 0x7b8669da __wine_kernel_init+0xa49() in kernel32 (0xff9a62f8)
  18 0x7bc545cb __wine_process_init+0x25a() in ntdll (0xff9a6388)
  19 0xf7618a4c wine_init+0x2db() in libwine.so.1 (0xff9a63f8)
  20 0x7bf00d0b main+0x8a() in <wine-loader> (0xff9a6848)
  21 0xf744b4d3 __libc_start_main+0xf2() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
0x004960c4: movl 0x6c(%ecx),%eax
Modules:
Module Address Debug info Name (76 modules)
PE 400000- 5b0400 Export pl61
PE 39d00000-3a12a000 Deferred qt-mt333
PE 73320000-73363000 Deferred ntwdblib
ELF 7b800000-7ba45000 Dwarf kernel32<elf>
  \-PE 7b810000-7ba45000 \ kernel32
ELF 7bc00000-7bcd9000 Dwarf ntdll<elf>
  \-PE 7bc10000-7bcd9000 \ ntdll
ELF 7bf00000-7bf04000 Dwarf <wine-loader>
ELF 7df17000-7df4d000 Deferred uxtheme<elf>
  \-PE 7df20000-7df4d000 \ uxtheme
ELF 7df4d000-7df54000 Deferred libxfixes.so.3
ELF 7df54000-7df5f000 Deferred libxcursor.so.1
ELF 7df5f000-7df6f000 Deferred libxi.so.6
ELF 7df6f000-7df73000 Deferred libxcomposite.so.1
ELF 7df73000-7df7e000 Deferred libxrandr.so.2
ELF 7df7e000-7df88000 Deferred libxrender.so.1
ELF 7df88000-7df8e000 Deferred libxxf86vm.so.1
ELF 7df8e000-7df95000 Deferred libxdmcp.so.6
ELF 7df95000-7dfb7000 Deferred libxcb.so.1
ELF 7dfb7000-7dfd1000 Deferred libice.so.6
ELF 7dfd1000-7e107000 Deferred libx11.so.6
ELF 7e107000-7e119000 Deferred libxext.so.6
ELF 7e119000-7e122000 Deferred libsm.so.6
ELF 7e13c000-7e1cf000 Deferred winex11<elf>
  \-PE 7e150000-7e1cf000 \ winex11
ELF 7e24b000-7e273000 Deferred libexpat.so.1
ELF 7e273000-7e2ab000 Deferred libfontconfig.so.1
ELF 7e2ab000-7e2c4000 Deferred libz.so.1
ELF 7e2c4000-7e35e000 Deferred libfreetype.so.6
ELF 7e35f000-7e363000 Deferred libxinerama.so.1
ELF 7e363000-7e367000 Deferred libxau.so.6
ELF 7e367000-7e36d000 Deferred libuuid.so.1
ELF 7e378000-7e3ae000 Deferred ws2_32<elf>
  \-PE 7e380000-7e3ae000 \ ws2_32
ELF 7e3ae000-7e3d4000 Deferred iphlpapi<elf>
  \-PE 7e3b0000-7e3d4000 \ iphlpapi
ELF 7e3d4000-7e401000 Deferred netapi32<elf>
  \-PE 7e3e0000-7e401000 \ netapi32
ELF 7e401000-7e429000 Deferred odbc32<elf>
  \-PE 7e410000-7e429000 \ odbc32
ELF 7e429000-7e469000 Deferred winspool<elf>
  \-PE 7e430000-7e469000 \ winspool
ELF 7e469000-7e48d000 Deferred imm32<elf>
  \-PE 7e470000-7e48d000 \ imm32
ELF 7e48d000-7e50e000 Deferred rpcrt4<elf>
  \-PE 7e4a0000-7e50e000 \ rpcrt4
ELF 7e50e000-7e649000 Deferred ole32<elf>
  \-PE 7e520000-7e649000 \ ole32
ELF 7e649000-7e751000 Deferred comctl32<elf>
  \-PE 7e650000-7e751000 \ comctl32
ELF 7e751000-7e7c9000 Deferred shlwapi<elf>
  \-PE 7e760000-7e7c9000 \ shlwapi
ELF 7e7c9000-7e9f7000 Deferred shell32<elf>
  \-PE 7e7e0000-7e9f7000 \ shell32
ELF 7e9f7000-7ea66000 Deferred advapi32<elf>
  \-PE 7ea00000-7ea66000 \ advapi32
ELF 7ea66000-7eb81000 Deferred gdi32<elf>
  \-PE 7ea70000-7eb81000 \ gdi32
ELF 7eb81000-7ecdb000 Deferred user32<elf>
  \-PE 7eb90000-7ecdb000 \ user32
ELF 7ecdb000-7ed81000 Deferred msvcrt<elf>
  \-PE 7ecf0000-7ed81000 \ msvcrt
ELF 7ef81000-7ef8e000 Deferred libnss_files.so.2
ELF 7ef8e000-7efa8000 Deferred libnsl.so.1
ELF 7efa8000-7efb1000 Deferred libnss_compat.so.2
ELF 7efb1000-7efdd000 Deferred libm.so.6
ELF 7efdd000-7efe6000 Deferred librt.so.1
ELF 7efe6000-7f000000 Deferred version<elf>
  \-PE 7eff0000-7f000000 \ version
ELF f7420000-f742c000 Deferred libnss_nis.so.2
ELF f742d000-f7432000 Deferred libdl.so.2
ELF f7432000-f75dc000 Dwarf libc.so.6
ELF f75dd000-f75f8000 Deferred libpthread.so.0
ELF f7612000-f7756000 Dwarf libwine.so.1
ELF f7758000-f777a000 Deferred ld-linux.so.2
ELF f777a000-f777b000 Deferred [vdso].so
Threads:
process tid prio (all id:s are in hex)
0000000e services.exe
    0000001f 0
    0000001e 0
    00000015 0
    00000010 0
    0000000f 0
00000012 winedevice.exe
    0000001c 0
    00000018 0
    00000014 0
    00000013 0
0000001a plugplay.exe
    00000020 0
    0000001d 0
    0000001b 0
00000029 explorer.exe
    0000002a 0
0000002c (D) C:\Program Files (x86)\Parashara's Light 6.1\PL61.EXE
    0000002b 0 <==
System information:
    Wine build: wine-1.5.26
    Platform: i386 (WOW64)
    Host system: Linux
    Host version: 3.5.0-27-generic

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Shravana Kumara <email address hidden>wrote:

> 'The program PL61.EXE has encountered a serious problem needs to close. We
> are sorry for the inconvience.
> This can be caused by a problem in the program or a defiency i Wine. You
> may want to check th Application Database for tips about running this
> application.'
> this is the error showing...
>
>
> On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Shravana <
> <email address hidden>> wrote:
>
>> Your question #224813 on ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu changed:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>>
>> Status: Needs information => Open
>>
>> You gave more information on the question:
>> Here is the bug report attached to this mail. I am getting the err that
>> wine might not installed properly... but as ur advice,i had installed via
>> terminal and was successful....
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Manfred Hampl <
>> <email address hidden>> wrote:
>>
>> > Your question #224813 on ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu changed:
>> >
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>> >
>> > Status: Open => Needs information
>> >
>> > Manfred Hampl requested more information:
>> > Please provide more details about the errors that you get. Without more
>> > information it is not possible to help.
>> >
>> > --
>> > To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
>> > this email or enter your reply at the following page:
>> >
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>> >
>> > You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>> >
>>
>> --
>> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>>
>
>

Best Manfred Hampl (m-hampl) said : #27

Not all Windows programs will work with the wine emulator on Ubuntu, and it seems that Parashara's Light cannot be run with the version of wine on your Ubuntu system. (According to the appdb it worked only with some older Ubuntu releases and older wine versions).

I see that you are running the development version of wine (1.5.26), there is a minimal chance that it could work with the stable 1.4 verson. You might try deinstalling wine1.5 and installing wine1.4 instead and try with that version, but I would not be too optimistic.

Shravana (shravanaputtu) said : #28

Thanks Manfred Hampl, that solved my question.

Shravana (shravanaputtu) said : #29

thanks for the concern...:)

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Manfred Hampl <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #224813 on ubuntu-docs in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Manfred Hampl proposed the following answer:
> Not all Windows programs will work with the wine emulator on Ubuntu, and
> it seems that Parashara's Light cannot be run with the version of wine
> on your Ubuntu system. (According to the appdb it worked only with some
> older Ubuntu releases and older wine versions).
>
> I see that you are running the development version of wine (1.5.26),
> there is a minimal chance that it could work with the stable 1.4 verson.
> You might try deinstalling wine1.5 and installing wine1.4 instead and
> try with that version, but I would not be too optimistic.
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813/+confirm?answer_id=26
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/224813
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>