My video display is cracking for just two days now

Asked by Dich-jevist on 2014-10-31

After opening a video it shows blurred and slow

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
Ubuntu totem Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2014-10-31
Last reply:
2014-10-31

What application are you using to view video?
Which release of Ubuntu?
We don't even know the make and model of the system....

How can anyone possibly reply to this question when you have given ZERO details about the system?

We cannot see your system or operating system......

Think about it.......

Dich-jevist (adichjevist) said : #2

Sorry for lack of precision: ubuntu 12.04lts, my movie player and vlc
are not responding properly, am using a toshiba 32bit satellite c655

On 10/31/14, actionparsnip <email address hidden> wrote:
> Your question #256470 on totem in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/totem/+question/256470
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
> actionparsnip requested more information:
> What application are you using to view video?
> Which release of Ubuntu?
> We don't even know the make and model of the system....
>
> How can anyone possibly reply to this question when you have given ZERO
> details about the system?
>
> We cannot see your system or operating system......
>
> Think about it.......
>
> --
> To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
> this email or enter your reply at the following page:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/totem/+question/256470
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

--
Best Regards,
Dich-Jevist Aniambossou
Technical support,
Trinet.

What is the output of:

sudo lshw -C display; lsb_release -a

Thanks

Dich-jevist (adichjevist) said : #4

dich-jevist@jevist:~$ sudo
usage: sudo [-D level] -h | -K | -k | -V
usage: sudo -v [-AknS] [-D level] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-u user
            name|#uid]
usage: sudo -l[l] [-AknS] [-D level] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-U user
            name] [-u user name|#uid] [-g groupname|#gid] [command]
usage: sudo [-AbEHknPS] [-C fd] [-D level] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-u
            user name|#uid] [-g groupname|#gid] [VAR=value] [-i|-s] [<command>]
usage: sudo -e [-AknS] [-C fd] [-D level] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-u
            user name|#uid] file ...
dich-jevist@jevist:~$ sudo -s
[sudo] password for dich-jevist:
root@jevist:~# apt-get flashplugin-installer
E: Invalid operation flashplugin-installer
root@jevist:~# apt-get install flashplugin-installer
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
flashplugin-installer is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 16 not upgraded.
root@jevist:~# vlc
VLC is not supposed to be run as root. Sorry.
If you need to use real-time priorities and/or privileged TCP ports
you can use vlc-wrapper (make sure it is Set-UID root and
cannot be run by non-trusted users first).
root@jevist:~# lshw -C display; lsb_release -a
  *-display:0
       description: VGA compatible controller
       product: Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 2
       bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
       version: 07
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
       configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
       resources: irq:44 memory:90000000-903fffff
memory:80000000-8fffffff ioport:5110(size=8)
  *-display:1 UNCLAIMED
       description: Display controller
       product: Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 2.1
       bus info: pci@0000:00:02.1
       version: 07
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm bus_master cap_list
       configuration: latency=0
       resources: memory:93400000-934fffff
LSB Version: core-2.0-ia32:core-2.0-noarch:core-3.0-ia32:core-3.0-noarch:core-3.1-ia32:core-3.1-noarch:core-3.2-ia32:core-3.2-noarch:core-4.0-ia32:core-4.0-noarch
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
Release: 12.04
Codename: precise
root@jevist:~#

This is the outcome

On 10/31/14, actionparsnip <email address hidden> wrote:
> Your question #256470 on totem in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/totem/+question/256470
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
> actionparsnip requested more information:
> What is the output of:
>
> sudo lshw -C display; lsb_release -a
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
> this email or enter your reply at the following page:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/totem/+question/256470
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

--
Best Regards,
Dich-Jevist Aniambossou
Technical support,
Trinet.

Why did you run vlc? That wasn't in my command list....?

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask Dich-jevist for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.