[OT] Iam a student of icfaitech 2nd yr. ,can i be registered in srm in the 2nd yr?

Asked by Abhinav Sukant on 2009-03-26

As stated in the 1 line summary,I am a student of icfai tech dehradun,2nd yr. cse
but i want to continue my b.tech degree from srm univ. Am i be able to do that in the 3rd yr. or in the 2nd yr.?Is there a provision for a student like me?

Question information

English Edit question
Ubuntu srm-reader Edit question
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
Last reply:
Tom (tom6) said : #1

Can you contact the "Admissions" department or a suitable professor in the University you wish to move to. I'm not sure that moving Universities is easy as the course may be split differently across the 3 or 4 years (or however long). You may find you have covered some 2nd year topics but not all the first year ones.

Talk to a professor informally at first to gauge her/his opinion of the curriculum issues and whether th work you have already done can be recognised and accredited by the new University. Also contact the Admission Department to see if their bureaucracy allows you to switch. It's worth ding this very soon, particularly in England, as the final term can rush past very fast and after that it might be difficult to contact the relevant people.

Sorry we can't be more help in here. This forum is really just for new Ubuntu desktop users.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)

Rafik Ouerchefani (rafik) said : #2


This is the answer tracker for the Ubuntu project. For your question, you may want to use http://answers.yahoo.com/ or contact your college.

Bhavani Shankar (bhavi) said : #3


Normally in India .. If you are taking a transfer from one college to other you can do it if you are going from one branch to the same branch in other college (i.e if you are in cs then you have to go to cs dept in other college)... Provision is there.. I think a tc is required.. Please contact the college administration for more info


Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask Abhinav Sukant for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.