Ubuntu 11.04 postfix cannot perform rDNS queries

Asked by Tom on 2011-04-30

I upgraded my server from Ubuntu 10.10 to Ubuntu 11.04, and postfix can no longer perform rDNS queries in Ubuntu default chroot configuration. With chroot set to "no" everything works. How can I fix this for chroot configuration?

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
Ubuntu postfix Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
Tom
Solved:
Last query:
Last reply:
Revision history for this message
Eliah Kagan (degeneracypressure) said :
#1

This is bug 764096. The bug report contains a workaround, and it seems that an update to fix the issue for good will be released sometime soon. Besides for the workaround, I recommend you visit that bug page to mark the bug as affecting you, which you can do by using the green "This bug affects..." link. It is not necessary for you to post a comment on the bug page unless you have information to add.

If you're running the 32-bit version of Ubuntu, you can find out what to put instead of x86_64-linux-gnu (in the workaround) by running:

dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_MULTIARCH

Revision history for this message
Eliah Kagan (degeneracypressure) said :
#2

I forgot to mention: You might also want to subscribe to bug 764096, as then you'll be sure to receive email notifications when the bug's status changes (for example, when a fix is ready for testing, or when a fix is released) and when someone posts a comment. I've linked the bug to this question, so you may already receive notifications about happenings in that bug through this question...but these days, those notifications often misrepresent what's actually going on in the bug, due to bug 250515 in Launchpad itself.

Revision history for this message
Tom (tom-sogetthis) said :
#3

Thanks, but I asked this question before I found a workaround and posted it in bug 764096.

Revision history for this message
Eliah Kagan (degeneracypressure) said :
#4

Ah--you're right. It was you who found and posted the workaround! Many thanks!