Is there a change-tracking function in your Word? If so, how can I use it?

Asked by mhui

Microsoft Word has the change-tracking function. But I cannot locate it in your Word function. Please advise!

Question information

English Edit question
Ubuntu Edit question
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
Last query:
Last reply:
Revision history for this message
Vihar (vmankov) said :

As far as I understood you are asking about the Undo/Redo options.
Yes, they persist in OpenOffice too. These are the first two options under Edit in the main menu. They are signed in the first toolbar by two arrows hemicircled to left or right. But first you have to do any change for the reason to see them active (not gray).

Otherwise didn't you find the section Edit-->Changes?

OpenOffice is richer and much more flexible comparing to MS Word in my oppinnion. You just explore everything with a document created by you especially for this task.

Revision history for this message
Best DrewJensen (atjensen) said :


Yes Writer does support tracking changes.

With your text document open select the menu

Place a tick mark in the item 'Record'.

To see how, or make changes to, the way changes will be displayed use the Options dialog.
With a text document open select:
Tools>Options>OO.o Writer>Chagnes

When checking a document with changes an you want to accept, reject or merge again use the
Edit>Changes menu and you can find the appropriate dialogs.



Revision history for this message
mhui (lsmhui) said :

Thanks a lot, Drew. I can locate the change-tracking function.
Maggie :)

Revision history for this message
mhui (lsmhui) said :

Thanks to you, too, Vihar.
Maggie :)

Revision history for this message
Vihar (vmankov) said :

Yeah mhui,
just try anything and after that if you are stuck - ask somebody.
It is easy to find Edit-->Changes, isn't it?