laptop acer: motherboard: bios: update.

Asked by Mehlich on 2015-04-26

Hy. ive downloaded the latest update for a acer 3100. i ignore where to extract :) should i ask you citizen how to install the new drivers? thanks a lot. y

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
Ubuntu gnome-system-monitor Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2015-04-30
Last reply:
2015-05-01

What make and model is the system?

Is it the BIOS you are wanting to update?

Thanks

Mehlich (mehlich1) said : #2

Hy Masters.
Until i dont have something new/better, im using this one, an Acer
Aspire 3100 with UBUNTU 14.04.1:
CPU type is: Mobile AMD Semprom, processor 3400+;
CPU speed: 1800 MHz;
System Bios version V2.00, the update i want/need update is V3.13;
Thanks a lot.

On 26-04-2015 04:41, actionparsnip wrote:
> Your question #265887 on gnome-system-monitor in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-system-monitor/+question/265887
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
> actionparsnip requested more information:
> What make and model is the system?
>
> Is it the BIOS you are wanting to update?
>
> Thanks
>

Mehlich (mehlich1) said : #3

Hy Masters.
By the time, that's mother board NAVARRO sistem bios version V2.00, to
update. How do i do it?
Best regards.

On 29-04-2015 13:36, Mehlich wrote:
> Your question #265887 on gnome-system-monitor in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-system-monitor/+question/265887
>
> Status: Needs information => Open
>
> You gave more information on the question:
> Hy Masters.
> Until i dont have something new/better, im using this one, an Acer
> Aspire 3100 with UBUNTU 14.04.1:
> CPU type is: Mobile AMD Semprom, processor 3400+;
> CPU speed: 1800 MHz;
> System Bios version V2.00, the update i want/need update is V3.13;
> Thanks a lot.
>
> On 26-04-2015 04:41, actionparsnip wrote:
>> Your question #265887 on gnome-system-monitor in Ubuntu changed:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-system-monitor/+question/265887
>>
>> Status: Open => Needs information
>>
>> actionparsnip requested more information:
>> What make and model is the system?
>>
>> Is it the BIOS you are wanting to update?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

Manfred Hampl (m-hampl) said : #4

It seems that Acer provides the BIOS update only for Windows and DOS

I do not know if such update can be done under Ubuntu using wine.

Maybe you better try creating a bootable USB stick with freedos or similar, copy the BIOS update program and data from Acer to that stick, boot from it and do the update.

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask Mehlich for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.