Asked by dedukes

Hi. Extreme newbie question. I've just intalled GNOME Do. the keybinding for it is <super>space. I've struggle to figure out what the <super> part of that is. Since I couldn't find a definition online and random guesses weren't working, I decided to change the keybinding in Configuration Editor. Having trouble with that, too. When I double-click on the keybinding and the edit window opens, I can't figure out how to add the new keybinding. The actual key stroke (e.g., alt-space) doesn't do anything. Do I need to spell it out? And is there a guide somewhere on correct spelling for keystrokes?

Thanks for your help.


Question information

English Edit question
Ubuntu gconf-editor Edit question
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
Last reply:
Revision history for this message
maruscia (maruscia) said :

Super button is the one supposed to be the "windows" key.

To edit keybinding please refer to this guide: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UsingGnomeDo


Revision history for this message
Jesse (storyjesse) said :

Yes, you type the name of the keys. I'm also looking for a list of spellings (Don't know how to get Pause/Break key).
So far I've found:

<Super> - This is the Windows Key (held down)
F1-12 - Be careful using these. There are other key-bindings besides gconf-editor and some (as I found out the hard way) Exit X without any warning!

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask dedukes for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.