Configuring Thunderbird to work with Amazon SES

Asked by Winston Elias on 2017-04-20

I am trying to configure Thunderbird to work with Amazon SES but so far
it is not working. After setting up everything I keep getting this message:

unable to locate mail spool file

Any Suggestions on what to do next?

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Expired
For:
Ubuntu apt Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2017-04-21
Last reply:
2017-05-07

How did you set it up?

What is the output of:

lsb_release -a; apt-cache policy thunderbird

Thanks

Does the below help?

- Close Thunderbird
- Uninstall Thunderbird
- Open the file browser and select Ctrl + H to show hidden folders and remove the .thunderbird folder to remove the old configuration.
- Reinstall

If this does not work for you, please feedback.

Thanks

Winston Elias (jadesbou75) said : #3

Hello Mr. Mango;

Thanks the problem is solved. After three installs it disappeared.
However in its place another problem occurred. If I am unable to
solve it I will reach out to you again.

Winston

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 4:23 AM, mrmango <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #625421 on apt in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+question/625421
>
> Status: Needs information => Answered
>
> mrmango proposed the following answer:
> Does the below help?
>
> - Close Thunderbird
> - Uninstall Thunderbird
> - Open the file browser and select Ctrl + H to show hidden folders and
> remove the .thunderbird folder to remove the old configuration.
> - Reinstall
>
> If this does not work for you, please feedback.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+question/
> 625421/+confirm?answer_id=1
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+question/625421
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

--

For all Business Loans, Term and Commercial Real Estate also:
http://JustLoansAlone.com

To do unto all men as you would have them do unto you, was and
still is the best way to live. Live well have a great day.

Winston Elias (jadesbou75) said : #4

Yes Now it will not accept my email account. I changed the password
and that did not work either. Not sure what the issue is here.

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 6:03 PM, Winston Elias <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #625421 on apt in Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+question/625421
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> You are still having a problem:
> Hello Mr. Mango;
>
> Thanks the problem is solved. After three installs it disappeared.
> However in its place another problem occurred. If I am unable to
> solve it I will reach out to you again.
>
> Winston
>
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 4:23 AM, mrmango <
> <email address hidden>> wrote:
>
> > Your question #625421 on apt in Ubuntu changed:
> > https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+question/625421
> >
> > Status: Needs information => Answered
> >
> > mrmango proposed the following answer:
> > Does the below help?
> >
> > - Close Thunderbird
> > - Uninstall Thunderbird
> > - Open the file browser and select Ctrl + H to show hidden folders and
> > remove the .thunderbird folder to remove the old configuration.
> > - Reinstall
> >
> > If this does not work for you, please feedback.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> > know that it is solved:
> > https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+question/
> > 625421/+confirm?answer_id=1
> >
> > If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> > following page to enter your feedback:
> > https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+question/625421
> >
> > You received this question notification because you asked the question.
> >
>
>
> --
>
>
> For all Business Loans, Term and Commercial Real Estate also:
> http://JustLoansAlone.com
>
> To do unto all men as you would have them do unto you, was and
> still is the best way to live. Live well have a great day.
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

--

For all Business Loans, Term and Commercial Real Estate also:
http://JustLoansAlone.com

To do unto all men as you would have them do unto you, was and
still is the best way to live. Live well have a great day.

Launchpad Janitor (janitor) said : #5

This question was expired because it remained in the 'Open' state without activity for the last 15 days.