Firefox sync

Asked by Larry D Buege on 2020-09-08

I have 2 PC's running Windows 7 and both have Firefox as the default browser. I have created an account with Firefox and can log into my account on either PC with the same credentials. I have also ser up sync and was hoping to use this to update all of my Firefox settings in LLOS 5. I seem to recall being able to do this in LLOS 4.8. However when I try to login to my Firefox account using the same credentials, I get "unknown account". I have tried this many times and continue to get the error. Both versions of LLOS use Ubuntu as the base OS,

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
Ubuntu Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2020-09-09
Last reply:
2020-09-09

What is LLOS please?

Larry D Buege (larryb1607) said : #2

I am having trouble logging in. Stands for Linux Lite Operating System. I
also posted there, but have not gotten a response in >24 hrs.

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 2:55 PM actionparsnip <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #692814 on Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/692814
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
> actionparsnip requested more information:
> What is LLOS please?
>
> --
> To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
> this email or enter your reply at the following page:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/692814
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Linux Lite isn't supported by the Ubuntu community or Canonical in any way. Linux Lite's support community is entirely separate from Ubuntu's.

I suggest you post on the Linux Lite forum here:
https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/index.php

None of the "Ubuntu based" distributions are supported here. There are distribution agnostic forums on the Web but this isn't one of them.

Larry D Buege (larryb1607) said : #4

 I am having trouble logging in. Stands for Linux Lite Operating System. I
also posted there, but have not gotten a response in >24 hrs.

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 3:25 PM Larry D Buege <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #692814 on Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/692814
>
> Status: Needs information => Open
>
> You gave more information on the question:
> I am having trouble logging in. Stands for Linux Lite Operating System. I
> also posted there, but have not gotten a response in >24 hrs.
>
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 2:55 PM actionparsnip <
> <email address hidden>> wrote:
>
> > Your question #692814 on Ubuntu changed:
> > https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/692814
> >
> > Status: Open => Needs information
> >
> > actionparsnip requested more information:
> > What is LLOS please?
> >
> > --
> > To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
> > this email or enter your reply at the following page:
> > https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/692814
> >
> > You received this question notification because you asked the question.
> >
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Larry D Buege (larryb1607) said : #5

pretty disappointing response

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 3:30 PM actionparsnip <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #692814 on Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/692814
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> actionparsnip proposed the following answer:
> Linux Lite isn't supported by the Ubuntu community or Canonical in any
> way. Linux Lite's support community is entirely separate from Ubuntu's.
>
> I suggest you post on the Linux Lite forum here:
> https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/index.php
>
> None of the "Ubuntu based" distributions are supported here. There are
> distribution agnostic forums on the Web but this isn't one of them.
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/692814/+confirm?answer_id=2
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/692814
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

It's the rule of the forum here. Your disappointment is irrelevant. If you post on the Linux Lite forum where your distribution is supported then you may get a reply. I even went the extra yard and got you the URL to save you searching.

Larry D Buege (larryb1607) said : #7

I mentioned that I already posted there. I also posted on Mozilla's
support forum and have heard noth from them either.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 7:35 AM actionparsnip <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #692814 on Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/692814
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> actionparsnip proposed the following answer:
> It's the rule of the forum here. Your disappointment is irrelevant. If
> you post on the Linux Lite forum where your distribution is supported
> then you may get a reply. I even went the extra yard and got you the URL
> to save you searching.
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/692814/+confirm?answer_id=5
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/692814
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

That's fine. Your issue isn't supported here though

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask Larry D Buege for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.