startservicebyname for org.freedesktop.fwupd:timeout was reached

Asked by joe lepore on 2018-09-05

i get this error mesage

Error calling Startservicebyname for org.freedesktopbyname.fwupd: timeout reached

the computer hangs starting up....it goes thru all the normal start-up screens but right before it gets to the desktop screen its a blank colored screen that hangs and then the desktop finally comes on with that error message above, so i close the message and use the computer as usual

any help would be very much appreciated

thanks joe

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Expired
For:
Ubuntu Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2018-09-08
Last reply:
2018-09-24

What is the output of:

lsb_release -a; uname -a

Thanks

joe lepore (joeputer) said : #2

hello, thanks for helping me.....

i have no clue what you are asking.....is it at one of the start-up
windows during start-up or can i access it another way?

im not a code writer or anything.....i just put linux on my old laptop
because windows vista doesnt work with anything anymore....i tried
updating it with windows 7 but it kept rejecting it.....hence why linux
is on here now....

thanks for your help and understanding !!!!!

joe

On 09/06/2018 11:16 AM, actionparsnip wrote:
> Your question #673374 on Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/673374
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
> actionparsnip requested more information:
> What is the output of:
>
> lsb_release -a; uname -a
>
> Thanks
>

Copy the command I gave and press CTRL + ALT + T

Paste the command into the terminal and hit ENTER

Copy the output and paste as an update on:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/673374

joe lepore (joeputer) said : #4

No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Release:    18.04
Codename:    bionic
Linux joe-Aspire-5315 4.15.0-33-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Wed Aug 15
13:44:35 UTC 2018 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux

On 09/07/2018 12:47 PM, actionparsnip wrote:
> Your question #673374 on Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/673374
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
> actionparsnip requested more information:
> Copy the command I gave and press CTRL + ALT + T
>
> Paste the command into the terminal and hit ENTER
>
> Copy the output and paste as an update on:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/673374
>

Launchpad Janitor (janitor) said : #5

This question was expired because it remained in the 'Open' state without activity for the last 15 days.