Need to use a free software to run windows pgms on RaspberryPi. I live on Social insecurity and barely was able to drag toferger enough to get it. So addons are beyond my budget

Asked by Wayne Dorsett on 2017-11-25

I am living or at least trying to live on SS retirement. I was able to scap up enough money to get a Raspberry {i 3, but I have at least 2 programs yhay are only made w\for windows and microsoft is making that such a mess. I just had ro drop it. Wine does not work on this machione with out buying other software fisrt this may be alreight ofr those with money, but many of us oldsters simply do not have it. Any help out there? Please email me back with any answers thanks.

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Open
For:
Ubuntu Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2017-12-03
Last reply:
2017-11-26

What applications do you want to run, please?

Wayne Dorsett (wa1yne.pi) said : #2

I am trying to run my Amatuer radio programs CQ 100 & qsotv and EchoLink

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 25, 2017, at 3:11 AM, actionparsnip <email address hidden> wrote:

Your question #661060 on Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/661060

   Status: Open => Needs information

actionparsnip requested more information:
What applications do you want to run, please?

--
To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
this email or enter your reply at the following page:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/661060

You received this question notification because you asked the question.

There are open source solutions for that
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuHamsPackages

Try using those.

Wayne Dorsett (wa1yne.pi) said : #5

I do thank you for the web site, but it does not address either of these
items CQ 100 (Cormac Transceiver) or QSO TV. Since they run under Wine
(which I can't use without purchaseing extra software) They are not
interested in puitting out a Linux version..

On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 9:53 AM, actionparsnip <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #661060 on Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/661060
>
> actionparsnip proposed the following answer:
> https://wayneoutthere.com/how-to-use-echolink-on-ubuntu-14-04/
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/661060/+confirm?answer_id=3
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/661060
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

If you need to run those specific applications and they only run on Windows then Windows may have to be the tool for the job. There are plenty of radio applications for Ubuntu. Maybe you can switch to those.

Otherwise you will need to get a Windows PC to run the software you have

Wayne Dorsett (wa1yne.pi) said : #7

Sounds like Linux can't provide me a work around so have stay as is
thanks for trying.

On 11/25/2017 9:03 AM, Wayne Dorsett wrote:
> I am trying to run my Amatuer radio programs CQ 100 & qsotv and EchoLink
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Nov 25, 2017, at 3:11 AM, actionparsnip <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Your question #661060 on Ubuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/661060
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
> actionparsnip requested more information:
> What applications do you want to run, please?
>

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask Wayne Dorsett for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.