could not download all the upgrades for version 9.10

Asked by Lorenzo on 2011-03-28

it just stopped downloading the upgrades at the end of the whole process, it only needed a few kilobytes to finish and the bloody things fucks up. What a good way to start trying ubuntu...

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
Ubuntu Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2011-03-28
Last reply:
2011-04-02
Fabio Marconi (fabiomarconi) said : #1

Hello
Can you please run in a terminal
sudo apt-get clean
and run again update manager
Thanks
Fabio

Lorenzo (lorenzo311) said : #2

i run the command sudo apt-get clean in a terminal window and later
run the update manager again (as you suggested), just to realise that
all the previous downloaded files (about 99%) had been erased. I just
needed to be able to download 2Mb of data files, and now I have to
download the 700+Mb again.

Any other brilliant ideas?

2011/3/29, Fabio Marconi <email address hidden>:
> Hello
> Can you please run in a terminal
> sudo apt-get clean
> and run again update manager
> Thanks
> Fabio
>
> ** Changed in: ubuntu
> Status: New => Incomplete
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/744208
>
> Title:
> could not download all the upgrades for version 9.10
>
> Status in Ubuntu:
> Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> it just stopped downloading the upgrades at the end of the whole
> process, it only needed a few kilobytes to finish and the bloody
> things fucks up. What a good way to start trying ubuntu...
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/744208/+subscribe
>

Lorenzo (lorenzo311) said : #3

And just like i thought, once i started dowloading the files the problem
appeared again, exactly like the time before.

I read on the net that the number of linux users i, at best, about 2
million people in the world, against 2 billion users of windows; it's not
wonder why.

Thanks

2011/3/29 lorenzo carvajal <email address hidden>

> i run the command sudo apt-get clean in a terminal window and later
> run the update manager again (as you suggested), just to realise that
> all the previous downloaded files (about 99%) had been erased. I just
> needed to be able to download 2Mb of data files, and now I have to
> download the 700+Mb again.
>
> Any other brilliant ideas?
>
> 2011/3/29, Fabio Marconi <email address hidden>:
> > Hello
> > Can you please run in a terminal
> > sudo apt-get clean
> > and run again update manager
> > Thanks
> > Fabio
> >
> > ** Changed in: ubuntu
> > Status: New => Incomplete
> >
> > --
> > You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> > of the bug.
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/744208
> >
> > Title:
> > could not download all the upgrades for version 9.10
> >
> > Status in Ubuntu:
> > Incomplete
> >
> > Bug description:
> > it just stopped downloading the upgrades at the end of the whole
> > process, it only needed a few kilobytes to finish and the bloody
> > things fucks up. What a good way to start trying ubuntu...
> >
> > To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/744208/+subscribe
> >
>

Fabio Marconi (fabiomarconi) said : #4

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue and helping to make Ubuntu better. Examining the information you have given us, this does not appear to be a bug report so we are closing it and converting it to a question in the support tracker. We appreciate the difficulties you are facing, but it would make more sense to raise problems you are having in the support tracker at https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu if you are uncertain if they are bugs. For help on reporting bugs, see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs#When%20not%20to%20file%20a%20bug.

Fabio Marconi (fabiomarconi) said : #5

Instead of starting from 9.10, that is reaching end of life shortly, why you don't try to install the newest beta1 release of 11.04 from
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/
or if you want something more stable but less advanced:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lucid/daily-live/20110211.1/

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask Lorenzo for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.