Website for Ubuntu Ireland

Asked by Ubuntu User on 2007-04-28

We need a new home for Ubuntu-ie.org, since the old host is no longer available. A Wordpress install and Wiki (preferably something PHP) would be nice!

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
Ubuntu Website - OBSOLETE Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2007-05-16
Last reply:
2007-05-16
Ubuntu User (idleubuntuuser) said : #1

Help with this is appreiciated!

Matthew Nuzum (newz) said : #2

Hi Neil, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The policy for loco team hosting is that we provide it for approved teams. Until your team is approved, please set up a web page on the wiki. For example, wiki.ubuntu.com/IrelandTeam.

If I have mis-understood your request, let me know. (The best way to do that would be to file a bug at https://launchpad.net/loco-webhosting/+filebug )

Ubuntu User (idleubuntuuser) said : #3

Our team has its own forum on UbuntuForums and our wiki page is at :
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IrishTeam (We have been on the wiki since
November 2005)

On 7 May 2007, at 21:32, Matthew Nuzum wrote:

> Your question #5797 on Ubuntu Website changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu-website/+question/5797
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Matthew Nuzum proposed the following answer:
> Hi Neil, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
>
> The policy for loco team hosting is that we provide it for approved
> teams. Until your team is approved, please set up a web page on the
> wiki. For example, wiki.ubuntu.com/IrelandTeam.
>
> If I have mis-understood your request, let me know. (The best way
> to do
> that would be to file a bug at https://launchpad.net/loco-
> webhosting/+filebug )
>
> ______________________________________________________________________
> _
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to
> let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu-website/+question/5797/
> +confirm?answer_id=1
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu-website/+question/5797

Nick Ali (nali) said : #4

Neil,

I've sent you an encrypted email.

I can try to set up the wiki and blog for you. What URL do you want for the wiki? Standard procedure would be wiki.ubuntu-ie.org. Do you want to use MoinMoin? Thats what the wiki.ubuntu.org uses.

Is the Wordpress blog supposed show up when someone goes to http://www.ubuntu-ie.org or a separate URL like http://www.ubuntu-ie.org/blog?

Ubuntu User (idleubuntuuser) said : #5

Yes, I'd love Wordpress as the root and MoinMoin at wiki.ubuntu-ie.org.
Whichever is the least hassle, I thought MediaWiki first.

Thanks for everything,
Neil

On 5/16/07, Nick Ali <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Your question #5797 on Ubuntu Website changed:
> https://answers.beta.launchpad.net/ubuntu-website/+question/5797
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Nick Ali proposed the following answer:
> Neil,
>
> I've sent you an encrypted email.
>
> I can try to set up the wiki and blog for you. What URL do you want for
> the wiki? Standard procedure would be wiki.ubuntu-ie.org. Do you want to
> use MoinMoin? Thats what the wiki.ubuntu.org uses.
>
> Is the Wordpress blog supposed show up when someone goes to http://www
> .ubuntu-ie.org or a separate URL like http://www.ubuntu-ie.org/blog?
>
> _______________________________________________________________________
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
>
> https://answers.beta.launchpad.net/ubuntu-website/+question/5797/+confirm?answer_id=3
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.beta.launchpad.net/ubuntu-website/+question/5797
>

--
Neil Grogan

Email: <email address hidden>
Web: http://www.dueyfinster.eu
Phone: +353766090542
Mobile Phone: +353879521620

GoogleTalk (Jabber/XMPP)/: <email address hidden>
*******
Note: I only accept OpenDocument Format (ODF) or Portable Document Format
(PDF), due to security risks posed by other formats.

Need to open OpenDocument? Try http://www.OpenOffice.org

Nick Ali (nali) said : #6

Neil,

I've sent you another encrypted email. Once the DNS changes go through, I'll setup your blog and wiki.

Nick Ali (nali) said : #7

Neil, I've sent you another email. It should have instructions for MoinMoin.

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask Ubuntu User for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.