Feedback on the HPE ProLiant DL380p Gen8

Asked by Ravindra Melkote on 2020-05-14

Please send me the link to download the OS as the old link for download taks us to the download page with latest release.
Also would appreciate if there is a newer release for the said Hardware.
Thank you

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
Ubuntu-Certification Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2020-06-08
Last reply:
2020-06-09
Michael Reed (mreed8855) said : #1

Can you please specify what release you release you are looking for if it is not the latest release?

Ravindra Melkote (mel999) said : #2

Thank you. Solved the issue.
I was unable to get the link for Ubuntu 14.04 version for the said
supported server.
Why the same hw is not supported in the new lts versions.

Thank you once again.

On May 27, 2020 9:06:15 PM Michael Reed
<email address hidden> wrote:

> Your question #690724 on Ubuntu-Certification changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu-certification/+question/690724
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
> Michael Reed requested more information:
> Can you please specify what release you release you are looking for if
> it is not the latest release?
>
> --
> To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
> this email or enter your reply at the following page:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu-certification/+question/690724
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.

Jeff Lane (bladernr) said : #3

The Gen8 hardware from HPE is quite old. Thus HPE does not support this on current versions of Ubuntu. You can find ISO images for old releases here:

http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/

Additionally, the hardware is not CERTIFIED for later releases of Ubuntu, but it most likely will still work on later releases of Ubuntu.

Ravindra Melkote (mel999) said : #4

Thank you.

On June 1, 2020 8:56:04 AM Jeff Lane <email address hidden>
wrote:

> Your question #690724 on Ubuntu-Certification changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu-certification/+question/690724
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Jeff Lane proposed the following answer:
> The Gen8 hardware from HPE is quite old. Thus HPE does not support this
> on current versions of Ubuntu. You can find ISO images for old releases
> here:
>
> http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/
>
> Additionally, the hardware is not CERTIFIED for later releases of
> Ubuntu, but it most likely will still work on later releases of Ubuntu.
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu-certification/+question/690724/+confirm?answer_id=2
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu-certification/+question/690724
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.

Jeff Lane (bladernr) said : #5

Answered

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask Ravindra Melkote for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.