no results, indexing correct?

Asked by debbie shayne on 2011-04-02

i just installed the latest version which seems to have installed correctly. i didn't change any parameters as they were already set and not changeable.

i went to create index and the message came on saying that it had found 700 pages (way more than my site has, but whatever...) and to be patient. it never moved off of that, so i don't know if it finished, but after an hour it seemed to have done (no finished message, maybe that's the problem?) Anyway, I went to view complete index and only one page was listed. then i tried to do a search and got no results.

any clues here?

thanks,
debbie

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
The Search Engine Project Edit question
Assignee:
xaav Edit question
Last query:
2011-04-02
Last reply:
2011-04-02
xaav (xaav) said : #1

Doesn't sound like you have the latest version. Try here: http://launchpad.net/tsep/trunk/1.0/+download/install.php

debbie shayne (shayman) said : #2

Thanks, I guess the newest version is just a few days old! I used Installatron this morning to download and it gave me .0943 (saying that it was the latest version). 1.0 is not available through that installer....how do I upgrade (or install the latest) if I download?

Debbie

xaav (xaav) said : #3

That version is years old. I would recommend downloading that file above, uploading it to your server, and following the directions.

I can't upgrade your installation; the database version is so old, it doesn't even match with the new one.

On another note, I'll contact installatron and see if I can get them to upgrade their version.

debbie shayne (shayman) said : #4

Hi Geoff,
Thanks, and I'm sorry if I am a it dense on this. So the file you sent
to me is an instaler, about 4k. I have downloaded it and then in what
folder would you suggest I upload it? It does not just 'run' when
double-clicked...

Apologies in advance,
Debbie

Quoting Geoff <email address hidden>:

> Your question #151437 on The Search Engine Project changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/tsep/+question/151437
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Geoff proposed the following answer:
> That version is years old. I would recommend downloading that file
> above, uploading it to your server, and following the directions.
>
> I can't upgrade your installation; the database version is so old, it
> doesn't even match with the new one.
>
> On another note, I'll contact installatron and see if I can get them to
> upgrade their version.
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/tsep/+question/151437/+confirm?answer_id=2
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/tsep/+question/151437
>
> You received this question notification because you are a direct
> subscriber of the question.
>

xaav (xaav) said : #5

It's written in PHP. You will need to upload it to an empty folder in your webserver, and then open that file from your browser.

So like create the directory tsep under public_html or whatever your document root is:

 public_html/
         tsep/
             install.php

And then in your browser, open (for example) http://www.yoursite.com/tsep/install.php

debbie shayne (shayman) said : #6

Thanks, Geoff. Now THAT makes sense!

Well, good news and bad news...I did as you said and, of course, it
immediately started to install the search engine project. Bad news
is...it's been about 30 minutes and that little install bar is still
going! I'm thinking it is not working, but hey, you have been
extremely generous so I don't expect you to fix this too. I just
thought you might want to know since it is so new still.

Here is what I did (just do you know).

I created a new directory (folder) in www.blossomsinthespring.com/tsep.
I uploaded the installer.php file there
I navigated to the installer.php file and it started to install...

OH WAIT! It just occurred to me...maybe I have to make the tsep folder
writeable!

OK, I did that and now it looks like it may be dropping things in there.

I'll keep you posted.
Debbie

I have done that Quoting Geoff <email address hidden>:

> Your question #151437 on The Search Engine Project changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/tsep/+question/151437
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Geoff proposed the following answer:
> It's written in PHP. You will need to upload it to an empty folder in
> your webserver, and then open that file from your browser.
>
> So like create the directory tsep under public_html or whatever your
> document root is:
>
> public_html/
> tsep/
> install.php
>
> And then in your browser, open (for example)
> http://www.yoursite.com/tsep/install.php
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/tsep/+question/151437/+confirm?answer_id=4
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/tsep/+question/151437
>
> You received this question notification because you are a direct
> subscriber of the question.
>

xaav (xaav) said : #7

It seems you do not have the ZipArchive class enabled. Due to this, you will need to extract the application.update.zip file to that directory.

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask debbie shayne for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.