new stellarium won't run. Loadlibrary error 1114

Asked by stephen kaiser on 2017-02-09

I upgraded from Stellarium 13.0x to the latest stellarium 15.1.1 and now I get the following error when I try to execute.
 Loadlibrary failed with error 1114: a dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

I am running on a Win 10 , 64 bit system.
I tried reloading stellarium-0.15.1.1-win64.exe with the same result.
Everything seemed to install with no errors.
Restarted system, same result.
Previous version I had ran OK.
Thanks for any help on this.

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
Stellarium Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2017-02-11
Last reply:
2017-02-11
Alexander Wolf (alexwolf) said : #1

Please make clean installation of Stellarium (seems you are mixed different versions of libraries)

stephen kaiser (stbkaiser) said : #2

Alexander
 Thanks for trying to help me on this.

I UNINSTALLED Stellarium .
 Reinstalled it with no errors.
 Still get the same Loadlibrary error 1114 when I try to execute the program.
 This is on a Windows 10 64bit system.
 Using stellarium-0.15.0-win64.exe to install the software.
Any ideas
Stephen Kaiser

---- Alexander Wolf <email address hidden> wrote:
> Your question #453380 on Stellarium changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/stellarium/+question/453380
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Alexander Wolf proposed the following answer:
> Please make clean installation of Stellarium (seems you are mixed
> different versions of libraries)
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/stellarium/+question/453380/+confirm?answer_id=0
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/stellarium/+question/453380
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.

stephen kaiser (stbkaiser) said : #3

Alexander
 I have just tried:
  Uninstall Stellarium
  Reboot system
 Downloaded stellarium-0.15.1.1-win64.exe
 Installed stellarium-0.15.1.1-win64.exe
 All went soomth during install.
 Still get same Loadlibrary error 1114 when I try to run the program.
Sorry about this.
Thanks for the help.
Stephen

---- Alexander Wolf <email address hidden> wrote:
> Your question #453380 on Stellarium changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/stellarium/+question/453380
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Alexander Wolf proposed the following answer:
> Please make clean installation of Stellarium (seems you are mixed
> different versions of libraries)
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/stellarium/+question/453380/+confirm?answer_id=0
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/stellarium/+question/453380
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.

Alexander Wolf (alexwolf) said : #4

Are you tried run Stellarium on laptop with switchable graphics settings?

Hint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJXPXgEXvcU

stephen kaiser (stbkaiser) said : #5

Yes I was having this problem on a laptop.
Same program is running on my desktop with no problem...
Ok wow!
Never would have guessed that. It worked!
Thank you very much.
 Since you are a master problem solver, maybe you can help on another issue.
To make a long story short, I am trying to run APT (Astro photography tool) sw to control my Celestron evolution 925 with starsense, via wifi. (Evo has built in wifi)
APT uses stellarium for star guidance . I have installed the ASCOM interface and the Celestron ASCOM driver interface, but when I try to interface to my scope ,the ASCOM setup wants to use a com port.
Do you know how I can use my wifi interface via ASCOM.?

Thank you
Stephen
Sent from my iPad

> On Feb 10, 2017, at 6:47 PM, Alexander Wolf <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Your question #453380 on Stellarium changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/stellarium/+question/453380
>
> Status: Open => Needs information
>
> Alexander Wolf requested more information:
> Are you tried run Stellarium on laptop with switchable graphics
> settings?
>
> Hint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJXPXgEXvcU
>
> --
> To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
> this email or enter your reply at the following page:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/stellarium/+question/453380
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.

Alexander Wolf (alexwolf) said : #6

Sorry, I can't help here. Please ask your question on astronomical forums, like http://www.cloudynights.com/forum/95-astronomy-software-computers/ or https://stargazerslounge.com/forum/128-discussions-software/

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask stephen kaiser for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.