[1.0.1 HowTo] Linux: how to build libVisionProxy.so, if the bundled version does not work.
- Last updated by:
- RaiMan on on 2013-10-31
This is the content of the README.txt contained in the package.
It might be the best to first check the prerequisites below.
**** this package needs versions 1.0.1 or later --- does not work with 1.0.0 ****
If you encounter any problems with the bundled libVisionProxy.so, then you might try to build it on your Linux/Unix system using this package.
1. put the unzipped stuff in any folder
2. in terminal session cd into that folder
3. run makeVisionProxy
./makeVisionProxy (after having made it executable)
4. hopefully you see some compile messages and one link message without any additional error messages
5. if no errors: replace the libVisionProxy.so in your Sikuli setup folder libs with the new one from folder dist
keep it in a safe place for cases, where you might have to copy it again into a changed libs folder
6. if there are any error messages: ok, you have to solve them ;-) and start again at step 3
********** PREREQUISITES **********
- you need a valid g++ installation
- you need a valid Java JDK installation (if there, it is found automatically by the script)
- OpenCV must be installed as dev version (preferably version 2.4 with png and jpeg support, but at least 2.2)
- Tesseract must be installed as dev version (must be version 3.0+ incl. Leptonica)
- on some Linux installations additional dev packages might be needed to satisfy the includes during compile
- if you get any include problems in compile steps, you might have to add/modify -I.... entries in the script
- the command script expects the header files in /usr/include or /usr/local/include
- the command script expects the libraries in /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib (or /usr/lib64 if it exists on the system)
The script tries to find Java JDK, OpenCV and Tesseract on your system.
If you get the info, that one of them cannot be found, the build is cancelled.
Try to repair and run again.
good luck ;-)
********* This e.g. works for Ubuntu 12+ ***********
sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk
sudo apt-get install libopencv-dev
sudo apt-get install libtesseract-dev
... and then run makeVisionProxy