iprohc_server is not running

Asked by gordon on 2014-10-23

Hi, I encounter some troubles,
I have installed iprohc
(refer to https://rohc-lib.org/wiki/doku.php?id=iprohc-install )
and I follow the steps of building rohc tunnel
(refer to https://rohc-lib.org/wiki/doku.php?id=iprohc-run )

but it didn't work

I do "Copy the generated PKCS#12 file demoCA/certs/IpRohcServer/newcert.p12 as /etc/ssl/server_voip.p12 on the server system."
and create the yaml file from /etc/iprohc_server.conf
# Config file for iprohc server

general:
    port: 3126 # the TCP port to listen client requests on
    pidfile: /var/run/iprohc_server.pid # the file in which to record the PID file
    p12file: /etc/ssl/server_voip.p12 # the server certificate and private key (PKCS12 format)

tunnel:
    ipaddr: 192.168.136.138 # The local IP address assigned by the server on the tunnel interface
                           # (clients will get assigned one IP address in the associated /24 range)
    packing: 5 # The packing level, ie. do not put more than N packets together in a tunnel frame
    maxcid: 15 # The maximum allowed CID in the ROHC compressor
    unidirectional: 1 # The ROHC mode (1 = unidirectional, 0 = bidirecional)
    keepalive: 60 # The maximum time (in seconds) to receive keepalive before dying
                           # (keepalives are sent every third of this value)

# vim:ft=yaml

where ipaddr: 192.168.136.138 is the client IP and I can ping to it successfully. (But /var/run/iprohc_server.pid doesn't exist)

Then, I execute "/etc/init.d/iprohc_server start" and check by "grep iprohc_server /var/log/messages | tail -n 20"
only receiving the message
Oct 22 23:19:10 ubuntu iprohc_server[27808]: server stops with exit code 1
Oct 22 23:19:10 ubuntu iprohc_server[27808]: close syslog session

(I found others have encountered the similar problems but they have more detail debugging message)
e.g.
"Apr 22 23:55:07 Linux iprohc_server[9295]: load server certificate from file '/etc/ssl/client.p12'
Apr 22 23:55:07 Linux iprohc_server[9295]: too few certificates in PKCS#12 file '/etc/ssl/client.p12'
Apr 22 23:55:07 Linux iprohc_server[9295]: remove pidfile '/var/run/iprohc_server.pid' "
Apr 22 23:55:07 Linux iprohc_server[9295]: server stops with exit code 1
Apr 22 23:55:07 Linux iprohc_server[9295]: close syslog session

So I'm not sure what's the problem I can't run.
Can somebody help me?

BR,
Midi

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
rohc Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
nick wernicke
Solved:
2014-10-28
Last query:
2014-10-28
Last reply:
2014-10-27
nick wernicke (nick-wernicke) said : #1

I had a very similar problem. The problem for me was that I was not
specifying the underlying interface (eth1 in my case).

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 11:36 PM, gordon <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> New question #256082 on rohc:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/rohc/+question/256082
>
> Hi, I encounter some troubles,
> I have installed iprohc
> (refer to https://rohc-lib.org/wiki/doku.php?id=iprohc-install )
> and I follow the steps of building rohc tunnel
> (refer to https://rohc-lib.org/wiki/doku.php?id=iprohc-run )
>
> but it didn't work
>
> I do "Copy the generated PKCS#12 file
> demoCA/certs/IpRohcServer/newcert.p12 as /etc/ssl/server_voip.p12 on the
> server system."
> and create the yaml file from /etc/iprohc_server.conf
> # Config file for iprohc server
>
> general:
> port: 3126 # the TCP port to listen client
> requests on
> pidfile: /var/run/iprohc_server.pid # the file in which to record the
> PID file
> p12file: /etc/ssl/server_voip.p12 # the server certificate and
> private key (PKCS12 format)
>
> tunnel:
> ipaddr: 192.168.136.138 # The local IP address assigned by the
> server on the tunnel interface
> # (clients will get assigned one IP address in
> the associated /24 range)
> packing: 5 # The packing level, ie. do not put more than N
> packets together in a tunnel frame
> maxcid: 15 # The maximum allowed CID in the ROHC compressor
> unidirectional: 1 # The ROHC mode (1 = unidirectional, 0 =
> bidirecional)
> keepalive: 60 # The maximum time (in seconds) to receive
> keepalive before dying
> # (keepalives are sent every third of this
> value)
>
> # vim:ft=yaml
>
> where ipaddr: 192.168.136.138 is the client IP and I can ping to it
> successfully. (But /var/run/iprohc_server.pid doesn't exist)
>
> Then, I execute "/etc/init.d/iprohc_server start" and check by "grep
> iprohc_server /var/log/messages | tail -n 20"
> only receiving the message
> Oct 22 23:19:10 ubuntu iprohc_server[27808]: server stops with exit code 1
> Oct 22 23:19:10 ubuntu iprohc_server[27808]: close syslog session
>
> (I found others have encountered the similar problems but they have more
> detail debugging message)
> e.g.
> "Apr 22 23:55:07 Linux iprohc_server[9295]: load server certificate from
> file '/etc/ssl/client.p12'
> Apr 22 23:55:07 Linux iprohc_server[9295]: too few certificates in PKCS#12
> file '/etc/ssl/client.p12'
> Apr 22 23:55:07 Linux iprohc_server[9295]: remove pidfile
> '/var/run/iprohc_server.pid' "
> Apr 22 23:55:07 Linux iprohc_server[9295]: server stops with exit code 1
> Apr 22 23:55:07 Linux iprohc_server[9295]: close syslog session
>
> So I'm not sure what's the problem I can't run.
> Can somebody help me?
>
> BR,
> Midi
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are a member of ROHC
> Team, which is an answer contact for rohc.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~rohc
> Post to : <email address hidden>
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~rohc
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

gordon (gordon0730) said : #2

Hi nick,
Thanks for your response!
I am not sure how to specify my network interface here.
Could you give me more hints?

BR,
Midi

Best nick wernicke (nick-wernicke) said : #3

Use the help option or look in the source. Its an option like -b.
On Oct 27, 2014 12:46 AM, "gordon" <email address hidden>
wrote:

> Question #256082 on rohc changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/rohc/+question/256082
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> gordon is still having a problem:
> Hi nick,
> Thanks for your response!
> I am not sure how to specify my network interface here.
> Could you give me more hints?
>
>
> BR,
> Midi
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are a member of ROHC
> Team, which is an answer contact for rohc.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~rohc
> Post to : <email address hidden>
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~rohc
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

gordon (gordon0730) said : #4

Thanks nick wernicke, that solved my question.

Ashok Kumar (ashokkm-9) said : #5

Hi,
      Could anyone please help me to move further in compilation?? My command window output looks like the following with a crc error:

bcg@BCGA53:~/Ashok_Kumar/ROHC_Codes/ROHC-1.6.1/Compressed/rohc-1.6.1$ cd lib/
bcg@BCGA53:~/Ashok_Kumar/ROHC_Codes/ROHC-1.6.1/Compressed/rohc-1.6.1/lib$ sudo gcc -o rohctest $(pkg-config rohc --cflags) rohctest.c $(pkg-config rohc --libs)
bcg@BCGA53:~/Ashok_Kumar/ROHC_Codes/ROHC-1.6.1/Compressed/rohc-1.6.1/lib$ ./rohctest
This program will compress one single IPv4 packet
create the ROHC compressor
please define a callback for compressor traces
[rohc_comp.c:1102 rohc_comp_set_wlsb_window_width()] width of W-LSB sliding window set to 4
[rohc_comp.c:1159 rohc_comp_set_periodic_refreshes()] IR timeout for context periodic refreshes set to 1700
[rohc_comp.c:1161 rohc_comp_set_periodic_refreshes()] FO timeout for context periodic refreshes set to 700
[rohc_comp.c:1585 rohc_comp_add_rtp_port()] port 1234 added to the UDP port list for RTP traffic
[rohc_comp.c:1585 rohc_comp_add_rtp_port()] port 36780 added to the UDP port list for RTP traffic
[rohc_comp.c:1585 rohc_comp_add_rtp_port()] port 33238 added to the UDP port list for RTP traffic
[rohc_comp.c:1585 rohc_comp_add_rtp_port()] port 5020 added to the UDP port list for RTP traffic
[rohc_comp.c:1585 rohc_comp_add_rtp_port()] port 5002 added to the UDP port list for RTP traffic
rohctest: crc.c:980: rohc_crc_get_polynom: Assertion `0' failed.
Aborted
bcg@BCGA53:~/Ashok_Kumar/ROHC_Codes/ROHC-1.6.1/Compressed/rohc-1.6.1/lib$