change of marker field in RTP

Asked by jawad Ahmed Saleemi on 2010-08-18

Hello,
I would like to know where exactly in the ROHC liberary, it is checked that whether the marker field has been changed in the current Ip packet to be compressed with respect to the previous IP packet or not. Depending on the change in the marker field of RTP header, the packet type must change to U0-1 type but unfortunately its not the case.
I hope to listen from you soon.

Thanks
regards,
Jawad

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
rohc Edit question
Assignee:
Didier Barvaux Edit question
Last query:
2010-09-09
Last reply:
2010-09-09
nninan (nikhil-erg) said : #1

How can I do edit the source code to try different ir/fo timer values?
Nikhil

On 18/08/2010 16:31, "jawad Ahmed Saleemi"
<email address hidden> wrote:

> New question #121711 on rohc:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/rohc/+question/121711
>
> Hello,
> I would like to know where exactly in the ROHC liberary, it is checked that
> whether the marker field has been changed in the current Ip packet to be
> compressed with respect to the previous IP packet or not. Depending on the
> change in the marker field of RTP header, the packet type must change to U0-1
> type but unfortunately its not the case.
> I hope to listen from you soon.
>
> Thanks
> regards,
> Jawad

To jawad Ahmed Saleemi:

The changes on the RTP Marker field are checked in the rtp_changed_rtp_dynamic() function. See http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~didier-barvaux/rohc/main/annotate/head:/src/comp/c_rtp.c#L709 for the source code. The result of this check is then used in the rtp_decide_state() function to decide whether the compressor should stay in FO state or not. See http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~didier-barvaux/rohc/main/annotate/head:/src/comp/c_rtp.c#L408 for the source code.

What do you mean by "Depending on the change in the marker field of RTP header, the packet type must change to U0-1 type but unfortunately its not the case." ? Do you have a test case, so I can reproduce the problem you encounter ?

Regards,
Didier Barvaux

Re-open the question because discussion is not terminated.

To Nikhil:

You may change the different IR/FO timer values by editing the file src/common/rohc.h. The constants to edit are named MAX_IR_COUNT and MAX_FO_COUNT for upward transitions. The constants to edit are named CHANGE_TO_IR_COUNT and CHANGE_TO_FO_COUNT for downward transitions.

Next time, please, use a separate ticket to ask your questions. This is easier to handle for me if there is only one subject per ticket.

Regards,
Didier Barvaux

Launchpad Janitor (janitor) said : #5

This question was expired because it remained in the 'Open' state without activity for the last 15 days.

> What do you mean by "Depending on the change in the marker field of RTP header,
> the packet type must change to U0-1 type but unfortunately its not the case." ?
> Do you have a test case, so I can reproduce the problem you encounter ?

Jawad, do you have any additional information regarding the problem you raised?

Regards,
Didier

Change question's status to "needs information".

Hi,

Thanks Dildier, I solved the problem.

regards,

Jawad

> To: <email address hidden>
> From: <email address hidden>
> Subject: Re: [Rohc] [Question #121711]: change of marker field in RTP
> Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 21:07:29 +0000
>
> Your question #121711 on rohc changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/rohc/+question/121711
>
> Didier Barvaux posted a new comment:
> > What do you mean by "Depending on the change in the marker field of RTP header,
> > the packet type must change to U0-1 type but unfortunately its not the case." ?
> > Do you have a test case, so I can reproduce the problem you encounter ?
>
> Jawad, do you have any additional information regarding the problem you
> raised?
>
> Regards,
> Didier
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are a direct
> subscriber of the question.

Fine. I close the question.

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask jawad Ahmed Saleemi for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.