POS - when is cash ported into the P&L statements

Asked by Hubert Johannsen on 2012-01-16

Hello,
handling a small shop with openerp.
Sales are mostly immediate cash, so though the POS would be good.
I fail to understand at which point the cash is shown in the P&L reports, as this shows always 0.
The inventory is working fine, but accounting part seems to be the problem.
The cash goes into Credit fr/cust 150100, which, if syntactically correct, is strange to me. Why should immediate cash entry still be considered as a credit?
Thanks for suggestions and keep up the good work.
bye
xavier

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
Odoo Server (MOVED TO GITHUB) Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2012-01-26
Last reply:
2012-01-26
Mario Arias (the-clone-master) said : #1

Hi Xavier,

What version of OpenERP are you using?

POS has different behaviour on 5.0, 6.0 and 6.1...

In general, when you apply the payment in POS, the system will create for
each line in the POS order an account move between the income account for
the product and the Accounts Receivable linked to the customer used on the
POS order, and the order will be moved to the "paid" state.

While in that state, you can apply returns of products to the order, or
even cancel it...

Finally, when you move the POS order to the "done" state, the system will
generate the moves between the Accounts Receivable and the Bank's account
related to the form of payment (Cash, Credit Card, etc.), and the POS order
can no longer be modified...

The events that trigger these state changes are different on each OpenERP
version of POS, and that's why we need to know the version you are using to
better help you...

Regards,
-Mario

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Hubert Johannsen <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> New question #184927 on OpenERP Server:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+question/184927
>
> Hello,
> handling a small shop with openerp.
> Sales are mostly immediate cash, so though the POS would be good.
> I fail to understand at which point the cash is shown in the P&L reports,
> as this shows always 0.
> The inventory is working fine, but accounting part seems to be the problem.
> The cash goes into Credit fr/cust 150100, which, if syntactically correct,
> is strange to me. Why should immediate cash entry still be considered as a
> credit?
> Thanks for suggestions and keep up the good work.
> bye
> xavier
>
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are a member of
> OpenERP Framework Experts, which is an answer contact for OpenERP
> Server.
>

Hello Mario,
thanks a lot for your answer. I use Openerp 6.0.3, and depending on improvements I consider moving to 6.1, mainly for the POS area.
Currently neither the Cash nor the Credit Card have been reported. I'm wondering if this is done at the moment of period closure. They do appear in the Trial balance though.
Thanks for any suggestion,
hubert

Mario Arias (the-clone-master) said : #3

Hi my friend,

I haven't been able to check complete workflow for 6.1, but from OpenERP's
marketing, seems like 6.1 is the way to go for POS...

Plain 6.0.3 POS is basically non-usable... :(
xrg modified the original module and made it workable, fixing the workflow
and many other details, but it is based on pg84-next branch of OpenERP
Server 6.0.3...
xrg work is really good, incorporating to 6.0.3 many patches not found on
the original 6.0.3 ones, so I will recommend you to go this way for 6.0.3...

http://git.hellug.gr/?p=xrg/openobject-addons;a=commit;h=4de61d4eda3e25
http://git.hellug.gr/?p=xrg/openobject-addons;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/trunk-xrg

It has fixed and simplified workflow for POS operations (when paid they go
to "done" and all accounting moves are generated inmediately). If that
doesn't fit your needs, we are working on a modified workflow, and a couple
bugfixes, but still in the process of code clean up and testing... I can
provide it to you "as is" so you can test.... and provide feedback...
!!! ;-)

Regards,
-Mario

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 12:10 AM, Hubert Johannsen <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Question #184927 on OpenERP Server changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+question/184927
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> Hubert Johannsen is still having a problem:
> Hello Mario,
> thanks a lot for your answer. I use Openerp 6.0.3, and depending on
> improvements I consider moving to 6.1, mainly for the POS area.
> Currently neither the Cash nor the Credit Card have been reported. I'm
> wondering if this is done at the moment of period closure. They do appear
> in the Trial balance though.
> Thanks for any suggestion,
> hubert
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are a member of
> OpenERP Framework Experts, which is an answer contact for OpenERP
> Server.
>

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask Hubert Johannsen for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.