Higgs bosons widths

Asked by Sarah

Hi

I am trying to generate g g > h e+ e- in 2HDMtII_NLO
I got results different than the result of the paper
then I discovered the Higgs bosons widths in para card do not make sense
1.000000e+00 # Wh1
DECAY 35 1.000000e+00 # Wh2
DECAY 36 1.000000e+00 # Wh3
DECAY 37 1.000000e+00 # whc

how can I set Madgraph to auto in connection with the calculation of the widths?

Please help

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
Last reply:
Revision history for this message
Olivier Mattelaer (olivier-mattelaer) said :
#1

For scalar particle, loop induced decay can be important and therefore we do not have a reliable auto mode for those.
If such decay mode are negligible in your case (and that NWA is valid) then you can set the width to “auto” and we will use this paper to get the result:
1402.1178 <https://arxiv.org/abs/1402.1178>

(You can also use that method and then add by hand the loop-induces mode.

Cheers,

Olivier

> On 25 Oct 2021, at 14:30, Sarah <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> New question #699218 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/699218
>
> Hi
>
> I am trying to generate g g > h e+ e- in 2HDMtII_NLO
> I got results different than the result of the paper
> then I discovered the Higgs bosons widths in para card do not make sense
> 1.000000e+00 # Wh1
> DECAY 35 1.000000e+00 # Wh2
> DECAY 36 1.000000e+00 # Wh3
> DECAY 37 1.000000e+00 # whc
>
> how can I set Madgraph to auto in connection with the calculation of the widths?
>
> Please help
>
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.

Revision history for this message
Sarah (sarahwarad) said :
#2

Thank you Olivier for your reply
I set the decay widths to Auto then I run the process

I got
Please note that the automatic computation of the width is
    only valid in narrow-width approximation and at tree-level.
INFO: Get two body decay from FeynRules formula
Results written to /mainfs/scratch/swa1a19/madgraph/MG5_aMC_v3_2_0/bin/PROC_2HDMtII_NLO_2/Cards/param_card.dat
INFO: get decay diagram for h2
Vertexlist of this model has not been searched.Automatically run the model.find_vertexlist()
Found 5 stable particles
INFO: get decay diagram for h3
INFO: get decay diagram for h+
INFO: get decay diagram for t
INFO: get decay diagram for z
INFO: get decay diagram for w+
INFO: get decay diagram for h1
Pass to numerical integration for computing the widths:
INFO: More info in temporary files:
    /mainfs/scratch/swa1a19/madgraph/MG5_aMC_v3_2_0/bin/tmpeg80hbum/temp_decay/index.html
INFO: set output information to level: 20
INFO: This option will be the default in any output that you are going to create in this session.
INFO: In order to keep this changes permanent please run 'save options'
INFO: compile directory
INFO: Running Survey
INFO: P0_h1_h3wmwp
INFO: P0_h2_vtwmtap
INFO: P0_h2_wptamvtx
INFO: P0_hp_h3wpz
INFO: P0_h2_uwmdx
INFO: P0_h2_wpdux
INFO: P0_h2_vewmep
INFO: P0_h2_wpemvex
INFO: P0_hp_h3tbx
INFO: P0_hp_bwpbx
INFO: P0_hp_h2tbx
INFO: P0_h1_wpzwm
INFO: Idle: 1, Running: 0, Completed: 14 [ current time: 09h54 ]
INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 1, Completed: 14 [ current time: 09h54 ]
INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 0, Completed: 15 [ 0.19s ]
INFO: End survey
INFO: Combining Events
WARNING: Order of particle in the event did not agree with parent/child order. This might be problematic for some code.
INFO: fail to reach target 10000
INFO: storing files of previous run
INFO: Done

I don't understand what does the warning mean? Can you help please?

also , here
Working on SubProcesses
INFO: P0_gg_h2ll
INFO: Idle: 1, Running: 35, Completed: 0 [ current time: 09h55 ]
INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 35, Completed: 1 [ 42s ]
INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 33, Completed: 3 [ 45.1s ]
INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 27, Completed: 9 [ 48.6s ]
INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G1.7 is at 0.00136 +- 9.97e-05 pb. Now submitting iteration #2.
INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G1.8 is at 7.77e-05 +- 1.61e-05 pb. Now submitting iteration #2.
INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 25, Completed: 24 [ 52s ]
INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G2.5 is at 2.48e-07 +- 8.36e-09 pb. Now submitting iteration #2.
INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G2.7 is at 4.03e-07 +- 9.34e-08 pb. Now submitting iteration #2.
INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G2.8 is at 3.28e-08 +- 5.25e-09 pb. Now submitting iteration #2.
INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 32, Completed: 39 [ 55s ]
INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 31, Completed: 40 [ 1m 17s ]
INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 30, Completed: 41 [ 1m 41s ]
INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G2.4 is at 1.74e-08 +- 5.94e-10 pb. Now submitting iteration #2.
INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G1.7 is at 0.00144 +- 2.85e-05 pb. Now submitting iteration #3.
INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 28, Completed: 53 [ 1m 45s ]
INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G1.8 is at 7.713e-05 +- 1.3e-07 pb. Now submitting iteration #3.
INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 31, Completed: 60 [ 1m 48s ]
INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G2.5 is at 2.58e-07 +- 5.22e-09 pb. Now submitting iteration #3.
INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G2.7 is at 5.76e-07 +- 2.81e-07 pb. Now submitting iteration #3.
INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 31, Completed: 75 [ 1m 52s ]
INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G2.8 is at 3.78e-08 +- 1.51e-08 pb. Now submitting iteration #3.
INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 35, Completed: 78 [ 2m 40s ]
INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 34, Completed: 79 [ 2m 47s ]
INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G2.4 is at 1.732e-08 +- 4.28e-11 pb. Now submitting iteration #3.

am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance

Revision history for this message
Olivier Mattelaer (olivier-mattelaer) said :
#3

concerning:

>WARNING: Order of particle in the event did not agree with parent/child order. This might be problematic for some code.

It's just a warning that some code might complains about the lhef file produced because a mother is written in the file after the associated daughter. The file technically follows the convention decided but is written in a way that most people will not consider as valid. Since we use another code for merging those event (madspin) this is a potential issue that we likely correct on the flight and you should not have code complaining about that in this particular workflow.

concerning:
>Please note that the automatic computation of the width is
   only valid in narrow-width approximation and at tree-level.

This is a real issue that is likely to be problematic in your case since your particle might have non tree-level decay (i.e. loop-induced decay)

concerning;
> INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 34, Completed: 79 [ 2m 47s ]
> INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G2.4 is at 1.732e-08 +- 4.28e-11 pb. Now submitting iteration #3.

Those are just information about the current status of the code, the way loop-induced works is designed to have one iteration done on multiple core (potentially on cluster) and therefore you have a lot of submission. So nothing to worry here this is perfectly normal.

Cheers,

Olivier

> On 26 Oct 2021, at 11:05, Sarah <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Question #699218 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/699218
>
> Sarah posted a new comment:
> Thank you Olivier for your reply
> I set the decay widths to Auto then I run the process
>
> I got
> Please note that the automatic computation of the width is
> only valid in narrow-width approximation and at tree-level.
> INFO: Get two body decay from FeynRules formula
> Results written to /mainfs/scratch/swa1a19/madgraph/MG5_aMC_v3_2_0/bin/PROC_2HDMtII_NLO_2/Cards/param_card.dat
> INFO: get decay diagram for h2
> Vertexlist of this model has not been searched.Automatically run the model.find_vertexlist()
> Found 5 stable particles
> INFO: get decay diagram for h3
> INFO: get decay diagram for h+
> INFO: get decay diagram for t
> INFO: get decay diagram for z
> INFO: get decay diagram for w+
> INFO: get decay diagram for h1
> Pass to numerical integration for computing the widths:
> INFO: More info in temporary files:
> /mainfs/scratch/swa1a19/madgraph/MG5_aMC_v3_2_0/bin/tmpeg80hbum/temp_decay/index.html
> INFO: set output information to level: 20
> INFO: This option will be the default in any output that you are going to create in this session.
> INFO: In order to keep this changes permanent please run 'save options'
> INFO: compile directory
> INFO: Running Survey
> INFO: P0_h1_h3wmwp
> INFO: P0_h2_vtwmtap
> INFO: P0_h2_wptamvtx
> INFO: P0_hp_h3wpz
> INFO: P0_h2_uwmdx
> INFO: P0_h2_wpdux
> INFO: P0_h2_vewmep
> INFO: P0_h2_wpemvex
> INFO: P0_hp_h3tbx
> INFO: P0_hp_bwpbx
> INFO: P0_hp_h2tbx
> INFO: P0_h1_wpzwm
> INFO: Idle: 1, Running: 0, Completed: 14 [ current time: 09h54 ]
> INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 1, Completed: 14 [ current time: 09h54 ]
> INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 0, Completed: 15 [ 0.19s ]
> INFO: End survey
> INFO: Combining Events
> WARNING: Order of particle in the event did not agree with parent/child order. This might be problematic for some code.
> INFO: fail to reach target 10000
> INFO: storing files of previous run
> INFO: Done
>
> I don't understand what does the warning mean? Can you help please?
>
> also , here
> Working on SubProcesses
> INFO: P0_gg_h2ll
> INFO: Idle: 1, Running: 35, Completed: 0 [ current time: 09h55 ]
> INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 35, Completed: 1 [ 42s ]
> INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 33, Completed: 3 [ 45.1s ]
> INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 27, Completed: 9 [ 48.6s ]
> INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G1.7 is at 0.00136 +- 9.97e-05 pb. Now submitting iteration #2.
> INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G1.8 is at 7.77e-05 +- 1.61e-05 pb. Now submitting iteration #2.
> INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 25, Completed: 24 [ 52s ]
> INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G2.5 is at 2.48e-07 +- 8.36e-09 pb. Now submitting iteration #2.
> INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G2.7 is at 4.03e-07 +- 9.34e-08 pb. Now submitting iteration #2.
> INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G2.8 is at 3.28e-08 +- 5.25e-09 pb. Now submitting iteration #2.
> INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 32, Completed: 39 [ 55s ]
> INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 31, Completed: 40 [ 1m 17s ]
> INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 30, Completed: 41 [ 1m 41s ]
> INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G2.4 is at 1.74e-08 +- 5.94e-10 pb. Now submitting iteration #2.
> INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G1.7 is at 0.00144 +- 2.85e-05 pb. Now submitting iteration #3.
> INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 28, Completed: 53 [ 1m 45s ]
> INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G1.8 is at 7.713e-05 +- 1.3e-07 pb. Now submitting iteration #3.
> INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 31, Completed: 60 [ 1m 48s ]
> INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G2.5 is at 2.58e-07 +- 5.22e-09 pb. Now submitting iteration #3.
> INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G2.7 is at 5.76e-07 +- 2.81e-07 pb. Now submitting iteration #3.
> INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 31, Completed: 75 [ 1m 52s ]
> INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G2.8 is at 3.78e-08 +- 1.51e-08 pb. Now submitting iteration #3.
> INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 35, Completed: 78 [ 2m 40s ]
> INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 34, Completed: 79 [ 2m 47s ]
> INFO: P0_gg_h2ll/G2.4 is at 1.732e-08 +- 4.28e-11 pb. Now submitting iteration #3.
>
> am I doing something wrong?
> Thanks in advance
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask Sarah for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.