Reweighting and cuts

Asked by tom ingebretsen carlson

Hi,

I am wondering about the technical limitation of the reweighting method posted in the link:
https://cp3.irmp.ucl.ac.be/projects/madgraph/wiki/Reweight

I says under limitations:
"Changes of PDFs and/or of cuts are not permitted with these methods of reweighting."
Does changes refer to between the initially generated process and the changed process or does changes refer to from the default cuts?

Or put in other words, can I use generator level cuts (on for example jet pt, eta and so on) and use the reweight method?

Thanks!

All best,

Tom

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
Last reply:
Revision history for this message
Olivier Mattelaer (olivier-mattelaer) said :
#1

> Does changes refer to between the initially generated process and the changed process

that is the case

> Or put in other words, can I use generator level cuts (on for example jet pt, eta and so on) and use the reweight method?

Yes you can

> On 30 Sep 2021, at 17:25, tom ingebretsen carlson <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> New question #698924 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/698924
>
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering about the technical limitation of the reweighting method posted in the link:
> https://cp3.irmp.ucl.ac.be/projects/madgraph/wiki/Reweight
>
> I says under limitations:
> "Changes of PDFs and/or of cuts are not permitted with these methods of reweighting."
> Does changes refer to between the initially generated process and the changed process or does changes refer to from the default cuts?
>
> Or put in other words, can I use generator level cuts (on for example jet pt, eta and so on) and use the reweight method?
>
>
> Thanks!
>
>
> All best,
>
> Tom
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.

Revision history for this message
tom ingebretsen carlson (makronymen) said :
#2

Okay great! Just to be super clear, the changed process will have the same generator cuts as the initially generated process?

Thanks!

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask tom ingebretsen carlson for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.