"No such file or directory: 'python'" when running NLO processes with new model

Asked by matteo maltoni on 2021-05-26

Dear MadGraph team,

I'm testing a model my supervisor produced, but every time I launch a generic process at NLO, both at fixed order or not, I get the error reported in the log file, pasted below.

Is it an error due to the model, or to some wrong setting in my laptop? This error never occurred to me before...

Any clarification would be more than appreciated.

Thank you,

Matteo

Here's the log file:

launch auto
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py", line 1544, in onecmd
    return self.onecmd_orig(line, **opt)
  File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py", line 1493, in onecmd_orig
    return func(arg, **opt)
  File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/amcatnlo_run_interface.py", line 1779, in do_launch
    self.compile(mode, options)
  File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/amcatnlo_run_interface.py", line 5164, in compile
    self.do_treatcards('', amcatnlo=True, mode=mode)
  File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/amcatnlo_run_interface.py", line 1718, in do_treatcards
    return super(aMCatNLOCmd,self).do_treatcards(line, amcatnlo)
  File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/common_run_interface.py", line 911, in do_treatcards
    subprocess.call(['python', 'write_param_card.py'],
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 340, in call
    with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p:
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 854, in __init__
    self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 1702, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'python'
Related File: python
Value of current Options:
             pythia8_path : /home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/HEPTools/pythia8
                hwpp_path : None
              thepeg_path : None
               hepmc_path : None
         madanalysis_path : None
        madanalysis5_path : None
          pythia-pgs_path : None
                  td_path : None
             delphes_path : None
      exrootanalysis_path : None
             syscalc_path : None
                  timeout : 60
              web_browser : None
               eps_viewer : None
              text_editor : None
         fortran_compiler : None
            f2py_compiler : None
        f2py_compiler_py2 : None
        f2py_compiler_py3 : None
             cpp_compiler : None
              auto_update : 7
             cluster_type : condor
            cluster_queue : None
    cluster_status_update : (600, 30)
                  fastjet : None
                    golem : None
                  samurai : None
                    ninja : /home/matteo/3.0.4/HEPTools/lib
                  collier : None
                   lhapdf : /home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/HEPTools/lhapdf6_py3/bin/lhapdf-config
                 pineappl : pineappl
               lhapdf_py2 : None
               lhapdf_py3 : /home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/HEPTools/lhapdf6_py3/bin/lhapdf-config
        cluster_temp_path : None
mg5amc_py8_interface_path : /home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/HEPTools/MG5aMC_PY8_interface
       cluster_local_path : None
                      OLP : MadLoop
         cluster_nb_retry : 1
       cluster_retry_wait : 300
             cluster_size : 100
      output_dependencies : external
           crash_on_error : False
       auto_convert_model : False
       group_subprocesses : Auto
ignore_six_quark_processes : False
low_mem_multicore_nlo_generation : False
      complex_mass_scheme : False
include_lepton_initiated_processes : False
                    gauge : unitary
             stdout_level : 10
    loop_optimized_output : True
         loop_color_flows : False
   max_npoint_for_channel : 0
  default_unset_couplings : 99
        max_t_for_channel : 99
       zerowidth_tchannel : True
      nlo_mixed_expansion : True
   automatic_html_opening : False
                 run_mode : 2
                  nb_core : 8
      notification_center : True
                 mg5_path : /home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0
#************************************************************
#* MadGraph5_aMC@NLO *
#* *
#* * * *
#* * * * * *
#* * * * * 5 * * * * *
#* * * * * *
#* * * *
#* *
#* *
#* VERSION 3.1.0 2021-03-25 *
#* BZR MG5_aMC_v3_1_0 999 *
#* *
#* The MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Development Team - Find us at *
#* https://server06.fynu.ucl.ac.be/projects/madgraph *
#* *
#************************************************************
#* *
#* Command File for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO *
#* *
#* run as ./bin/mg5_aMC filename *
#* *
#************************************************************
set group_subprocesses Auto
set ignore_six_quark_processes False
set low_mem_multicore_nlo_generation False
set complex_mass_scheme False
set include_lepton_initiated_processes False
set gauge unitary
set loop_optimized_output True
set loop_color_flows False
set max_npoint_for_channel 0
set default_unset_couplings 99
set max_t_for_channel 99
set zerowidth_tchannel True
set nlo_mixed_expansion True
import model sm
define p = g u c d s u~ c~ d~ s~
define j = g u c d s u~ c~ d~ s~
define l+ = e+ mu+
define l- = e- mu-
define vl = ve vm vt
define vl~ = ve~ vm~ vt~
import model /home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/models/SMEFT3G4pFFV\
VV
define p = 21 2 4 1 3 -2 -4 -1 -3 5 -5 # pass to 5 flavors
define j = p
generate p p > t t~ [QCD]
output
######################################################################
## PARAM_CARD AUTOMATICALY GENERATED BY MG5 FOLLOWING UFO MODEL ####
######################################################################
## ##
## Width set on Auto will be computed following the information ##
## present in the decay.py files of the model. ##
## See arXiv:1402.1178 for more details. ##
## ##
######################################################################

###################################
## INFORMATION FOR DIM6
###################################
Block dim6
    1 1.000000e+03 # Lambda
    2 0.000000e+00 # cpDC
    3 0.000000e+00 # cpWB
    4 0.000000e+00 # cdp
    5 0.000000e+00 # cp
    6 0.000000e+00 # cWWW
    7 1.100000e+00 # cG
    8 0.000000e+00 # cpG
    9 0.000000e+00 # cpW
   10 0.000000e+00 # cpBB

###################################
## INFORMATION FOR DIM62F
###################################
Block dim62f
    1 0.000000e+00 # cpl1
    2 0.000000e+00 # cpl2
    3 0.000000e+00 # cpl3
    4 0.000000e+00 # c3pl1
    5 0.000000e+00 # c3pl2
    6 0.000000e+00 # c3pl3
    7 0.000000e+00 # cpe
    8 0.000000e+00 # cpmu
    9 0.000000e+00 # cpta
   10 0.000000e+00 # cpqMi
   11 0.000000e+00 # cpq3i
   12 0.000000e+00 # cpQ3
   13 0.000000e+00 # cpQM
   14 0.000000e+00 # cpu
   15 0.000000e+00 # cpt
   16 0.000000e+00 # cpd
   19 0.000000e+00 # ctp
   22 0.000000e+00 # ctZ
   23 0.000000e+00 # ctW
   24 0.000000e+00 # ctG

###################################
## INFORMATION FOR DIM64F
###################################
Block dim64f
    1 0.000000e-10 # cQq83
    2 0.000000e-10 # cQq81
    3 0.000000e-10 # cQu8
    4 0.000000e-10 # ctq8
    6 0.000000e-10 # cQd8
    7 0.000000e-10 # ctu8
    8 0.000000e-10 # ctd8
   10 0.000000e-10 # cQq13
   11 0.000000e-10 # cQq11
   12 0.000000e-10 # cQu1
   13 0.000000e-10 # ctq1
   14 0.000000e-10 # cQd1
   16 0.000000e-10 # ctu1
   17 0.000000e-10 # ctd1
   19 0.000000e-10 # cQQ8
   20 0.000000e-10 # cQQ1
   21 0.000000e-10 # cQt1
   23 0.000000e-10 # ctt1
   25 0.000000e-10 # cQt8

###################################
## INFORMATION FOR DIM64F2L
###################################
Block dim64f2l
    1 0.000000e-10 # cQlM1
    2 0.000000e-10 # cQlM2
    3 0.000000e-10 # cQl31
    4 0.000000e-10 # cQl32
    5 0.000000e-10 # cQe1
    6 0.000000e-10 # cQe2
    7 0.000000e-10 # ctl1
    8 0.000000e-10 # ctl2
    9 0.000000e-10 # cte1
   10 0.000000e-10 # cte2
   13 0.000000e-10 # cQlM3
   14 0.000000e-10 # cQl33
   15 0.000000e-10 # cQe3
   16 0.000000e-10 # ctl3
   17 0.000000e-10 # cte3
   19 0.000000e-10 # ctlS3
   20 0.000000e-10 # ctlT3
   21 0.000000e-10 # cblS3

###################################
## INFORMATION FOR DIM64F4L
###################################
Block dim64f4l
    1 0.000000e-10 # cll1111
    2 0.000000e-10 # cll2222
    3 0.000000e-10 # cll3333
    4 0.000000e-10 # cll1122
    5 0.000000e-10 # cll1133
    6 0.000000e-10 # cll2233
    7 0.000000e-10 # cll1221
    8 0.000000e-10 # cll1331
    9 0.000000e-10 # cll2332

###################################
## INFORMATION FOR MASS
###################################
Block mass
    6 1.720000e+02 # MT
   23 9.118760e+01 # MZ
   24 7.982440e+01 # MW
   25 1.250000e+02 # MH
## Dependent parameters, given by model restrictions.
## Those values should be edited following the
## analytical expression. MG5 ignores those values
## but they are important for interfacing the output of MG5
## to external program such as Pythia.
  1 0.000000e+00 # d : 0.0
  2 0.000000e+00 # u : 0.0
  3 0.000000e+00 # s : 0.0
  4 0.000000e+00 # c : 0.0
  5 0.000000e+00 # b : 0.0
  11 0.000000e+00 # e- : 0.0
  12 0.000000e+00 # ve : 0.0
  13 0.000000e+00 # mu- : 0.0
  14 0.000000e+00 # vm : 0.0
  15 0.000000e+00 # ta- : 0.0
  16 0.000000e+00 # vt : 0.0
  21 0.000000e+00 # g : 0.0
  22 0.000000e+00 # a : 0.0
  9000002 9.118760e+01 # ghz : MZ
  9000003 7.982440e+01 # ghwp : MW
  9000004 7.982440e+01 # ghwm : MW

###################################
## INFORMATION FOR RENOR
###################################
Block renor
    1 5.550000e+02 # mueft

###################################
## INFORMATION FOR SMINPUTS
###################################
Block sminputs
    2 1.166370e-05 # Gf
    3 1.184000e-01 # aS (Note that Parameter not used if you use a PDF set)

###################################
## INFORMATION FOR YUKAWA
###################################
Block yukawa
    6 1.720000e+02 # ymt

###################################
## INFORMATION FOR DECAY
###################################
DECAY 6 1.508336e+00 # WT
DECAY 23 2.495200e+00 # WZ
DECAY 24 2.085000e+00 # WW
DECAY 25 5.753088e-03 # WH
## Dependent parameters, given by model restrictions.
## Those values should be edited following the
## analytical expression. MG5 ignores those values
## but they are important for interfacing the output of MG5
## to external program such as Pythia.
DECAY 1 0.000000e+00 # d : 0.0
DECAY 2 0.000000e+00 # u : 0.0
DECAY 3 0.000000e+00 # s : 0.0
DECAY 4 0.000000e+00 # c : 0.0
DECAY 5 0.000000e+00 # b : 0.0
DECAY 11 0.000000e+00 # e- : 0.0
DECAY 12 0.000000e+00 # ve : 0.0
DECAY 13 0.000000e+00 # mu- : 0.0
DECAY 14 0.000000e+00 # vm : 0.0
DECAY 15 0.000000e+00 # ta- : 0.0
DECAY 16 0.000000e+00 # vt : 0.0
DECAY 21 0.000000e+00 # g : 0.0
DECAY 22 0.000000e+00 # a : 0.0
DECAY 9000002 2.495200e+00 # ghz : WZ
DECAY 9000003 2.085000e+00 # ghwp : WW
DECAY 9000004 2.085000e+00 # ghwm : WW
#===========================================================
# QUANTUM NUMBERS OF NEW STATE(S) (NON SM PDG CODE)
#===========================================================

Block QNUMBERS 9000001 # gha
        1 0 # 3 times electric charge
        2 1 # number of spin states (2S+1)
        3 1 # colour rep (1: singlet, 3: triplet, 8: octet)
        4 1 # Particle/Antiparticle distinction (0=own anti)
Block QNUMBERS 9000002 # ghz
        1 0 # 3 times electric charge
        2 1 # number of spin states (2S+1)
        3 1 # colour rep (1: singlet, 3: triplet, 8: octet)
        4 1 # Particle/Antiparticle distinction (0=own anti)
Block QNUMBERS 9000003 # ghwp
        1 3 # 3 times electric charge
        2 1 # number of spin states (2S+1)
        3 1 # colour rep (1: singlet, 3: triplet, 8: octet)
        4 1 # Particle/Antiparticle distinction (0=own anti)
Block QNUMBERS 9000004 # ghwm
        1 -3 # 3 times electric charge
        2 1 # number of spin states (2S+1)
        3 1 # colour rep (1: singlet, 3: triplet, 8: octet)
        4 1 # Particle/Antiparticle distinction (0=own anti)
Block QNUMBERS 9000005 # ghg
        1 0 # 3 times electric charge
        2 1 # number of spin states (2S+1)
        3 8 # colour rep (1: singlet, 3: triplet, 8: octet)
        4 1 # Particle/Antiparticle distinction (0=own anti)
#***********************************************************************
# MadGraph5_aMC@NLO *
# *
# run_card.dat aMC@NLO *
# *
# This file is used to set the parameters of the run. *
# *
# Some notation/conventions: *
# *
# Lines starting with a hash (#) are info or comments *
# *
# mind the format: value = variable ! comment *
# *
# Some of the values of variables can be list. These can either be *
# comma or space separated. *
# *
# To display additional parameter, you can use the command: *
# update to_full *
#***********************************************************************
#
#*******************
# Running parameters
#*******************
#
#***********************************************************************
# Tag name for the run (one word) *
#***********************************************************************
  tag_1 = run_tag ! name of the run
#***********************************************************************
# Number of LHE events (and their normalization) and the required *
# (relative) accuracy on the Xsec. *
# These values are ignored for fixed order runs *
#***********************************************************************
 10000 = nevents ! Number of unweighted events requested
 -1.0 = req_acc ! Required accuracy (-1=auto determined from nevents)
 -1 = nevt_job! Max number of events per job in event generation.
                 ! (-1= no split).
#***********************************************************************
# Normalize the weights of LHE events such that they sum or average to *
# the total cross section *
#***********************************************************************
 average = event_norm ! valid settings: average, sum, bias
#***********************************************************************
# Number of points per itegration channel (ignored for aMC@NLO runs) *
#***********************************************************************
 0.01 = req_acc_FO ! Required accuracy (-1=ignored, and use the
                     ! number of points and iter. below)
# These numbers are ignored except if req_acc_FO is equal to -1
 5000 = npoints_FO_grid ! number of points to setup grids
 4 = niters_FO_grid ! number of iter. to setup grids
 10000 = npoints_FO ! number of points to compute Xsec
 6 = niters_FO ! number of iter. to compute Xsec
#***********************************************************************
# Random number seed *
#***********************************************************************
 0 = iseed ! rnd seed (0=assigned automatically=default))
#***********************************************************************
# Collider type and energy *
#***********************************************************************
 1 = lpp1 ! beam 1 type (0 = no PDF)
 1 = lpp2 ! beam 2 type (0 = no PDF)
 6500.0 = ebeam1 ! beam 1 energy in GeV
 6500.0 = ebeam2 ! beam 2 energy in GeV
#***********************************************************************
# PDF choice: this automatically fixes also alpha_s(MZ) and its evol. *
#***********************************************************************
 nn23nlo = pdlabel ! PDF set
 244600 = lhaid ! If pdlabel=lhapdf, this is the lhapdf number. Only
              ! numbers for central PDF sets are allowed. Can be a list;
              ! PDF sets beyond the first are included via reweighting.
#***********************************************************************
# Include the NLO Monte Carlo subtr. terms for the following parton *
# shower (HERWIG6 | HERWIGPP | PYTHIA6Q | PYTHIA6PT | PYTHIA8) *
# WARNING: PYTHIA6PT works only for processes without FSR!!!! *
#***********************************************************************
  HERWIG6 = parton_shower
  1.0 = shower_scale_factor ! multiply default shower starting
                                  ! scale by this factor
#***********************************************************************
# Renormalization and factorization scales *
# (Default functional form for the non-fixed scales is the sum of *
# the transverse masses divided by two of all final state particles *
# and partons. This can be changed in SubProcesses/set_scales.f or via *
# dynamical_scale_choice option) *
#***********************************************************************
 False = fixed_ren_scale ! if .true. use fixed ren scale
 False = fixed_fac_scale ! if .true. use fixed fac scale
 91.118 = muR_ref_fixed ! fixed ren reference scale
 91.118 = muF_ref_fixed ! fixed fact reference scale
 -1 = dynamical_scale_choice ! Choose one (or more) of the predefined
           ! dynamical choices. Can be a list; scale choices beyond the
           ! first are included via reweighting
 1.0 = muR_over_ref ! ratio of current muR over reference muR
 1.0 = muF_over_ref ! ratio of current muF over reference muF
#***********************************************************************
# Reweight variables for scale dependence and PDF uncertainty *
#***********************************************************************
 1.0, 2.0, 0.5 = rw_rscale ! muR factors to be included by reweighting
 1.0, 2.0, 0.5 = rw_fscale ! muF factors to be included by reweighting
 True = reweight_scale ! Reweight to get scale variation using the
            ! rw_rscale and rw_fscale factors. Should be a list of
            ! booleans of equal length to dynamical_scale_choice to
            ! specify for which choice to include scale dependence.
 False = reweight_PDF ! Reweight to get PDF uncertainty. Should be a
            ! list booleans of equal length to lhaid to specify for
            ! which PDF set to include the uncertainties.
#***********************************************************************
# Store reweight information in the LHE file for off-line model- *
# parameter reweighting at NLO+PS accuracy *
#***********************************************************************
 False = store_rwgt_info ! Store info for reweighting in LHE file
#***********************************************************************
# ickkw parameter: *
# 0: No merging *
# 3: FxFx Merging - WARNING! Applies merging only at the hard-event *
# level. After showering an MLM-type merging should be applied as *
# well. See http://amcatnlo.cern.ch/FxFx_merging.htm for details. *
# 4: UNLOPS merging (with pythia8 only). No interface from within *
# MG5_aMC available, but available in Pythia8. *
# -1: NNLL+NLO jet-veto computation. See arxiv:1412.8408 [hep-ph]. *
#***********************************************************************
 0 = ickkw
#***********************************************************************
#
#***********************************************************************
# BW cutoff (M+/-bwcutoff*Gamma). Determines which resonances are *
# written in the LHE event file *
#***********************************************************************
 15.0 = bwcutoff
#***********************************************************************
# Cuts on the jets. Jet clustering is performed by FastJet. *
# - If gamma_is_j, photons are also clustered *
# - When matching to a parton shower, these generation cuts should be *
# considerably softer than the analysis cuts. *
# - More specific cuts can be specified in SubProcesses/cuts.f *
#***********************************************************************
  1.0 = jetalgo ! FastJet jet algorithm (1=kT, 0=C/A, -1=anti-kT)
  0.7 = jetradius ! The radius parameter for the jet algorithm
 10.0 = ptj ! Min jet transverse momentum
 -1.0 = etaj ! Max jet abs(pseudo-rap) (a value .lt.0 means no cut)
 True = gamma_is_j! Wether to cluster photons as jets or not
#***********************************************************************
# Cuts on the charged leptons (e+, e-, mu+, mu-, tau+ and tau-) *
# More specific cuts can be specified in SubProcesses/cuts.f *
#***********************************************************************
  0.0 = ptl ! Min lepton transverse momentum
 -1.0 = etal ! Max lepton abs(pseudo-rap) (a value .lt.0 means no cut)
  0.0 = drll ! Min distance between opposite sign lepton pairs
  0.0 = drll_sf ! Min distance between opp. sign same-flavor lepton pairs
  0.0 = mll ! Min inv. mass of all opposite sign lepton pairs
  30.0 = mll_sf ! Min inv. mass of all opp. sign same-flavor lepton pairs
#***********************************************************************
# Fermion-photon recombination parameters *
# If Rphreco=0, no recombination is performed *
#***********************************************************************
 0.1 = Rphreco ! Minimum fermion-photon distance for recombination
 -1.0 = etaphreco ! Maximum abs(pseudo-rap) for photons to be recombined (a value .lt.0 means no cut)
 True = lepphreco ! Recombine photons and leptons together
 True = quarkphreco ! Recombine photons and quarks together
#***********************************************************************
# Photon-isolation cuts, according to hep-ph/9801442 *
# Not applied if gamma_is_j *
# When ptgmin=0, all the other parameters are ignored *
# More specific cuts can be specified in SubProcesses/cuts.f *
#***********************************************************************
  20.0 = ptgmin ! Min photon transverse momentum
  -1.0 = etagamma ! Max photon abs(pseudo-rap)
  0.4 = R0gamma ! Radius of isolation code
  1.0 = xn ! n parameter of eq.(3.4) in hep-ph/9801442
  1.0 = epsgamma ! epsilon_gamma parameter of eq.(3.4) in hep-ph/9801442
 True = isoEM ! isolate photons from EM energy (photons and leptons)
#***********************************************************************
# Cuts associated to MASSIVE particles identified by their PDG codes. *
# All cuts are applied to both particles and anti-particles, so use *
# POSITIVE PDG CODES only. Example of the syntax is {6 : 100} or *
# {6:100, 25:200} for multiple particles *
#***********************************************************************
  {} = pt_min_pdg ! Min pT for a massive particle
  {} = pt_max_pdg ! Max pT for a massive particle
  {} = mxx_min_pdg ! inv. mass for any pair of (anti)particles
#***********************************************************************
# Use PineAPPL to generate PDF-independent fast-interpolation grid *
# (https://zenodo.org/record/3992765#.X2EWy5MzbVo) *
#***********************************************************************
 False = pineappl ! PineAPPL switch
#***********************************************************************

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
Olivier Mattelaer
Solved:
Last query:
Last reply:
Revision history for this message
Best Olivier Mattelaer (olivier-mattelaer) said :
#1

Thanks Matteo,

I guess this should fix the issue (or lead to another one)

Cheers,

Olivier

link to the patch:
https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~maddevelopers/mg5amcnlo/2.9.4/revision/309 <https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~maddevelopers/mg5amcnlo/2.9.4/revision/309>

> On 26 May 2021, at 12:41, matteo maltoni <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> New question #697254 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/697254
>
> Dear MadGraph team,
>
> I'm testing a model my supervisor produced, but every time I launch a generic process at NLO, both at fixed order or not, I get the error reported in the log file, pasted below.
>
> Is it an error due to the model, or to some wrong setting in my laptop? This error never occurred to me before...
>
> Any clarification would be more than appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Matteo
>
> Here's the log file:
>
> launch auto
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py", line 1544, in onecmd
> return self.onecmd_orig(line, **opt)
> File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py", line 1493, in onecmd_orig
> return func(arg, **opt)
> File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/amcatnlo_run_interface.py", line 1779, in do_launch
> self.compile(mode, options)
> File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/amcatnlo_run_interface.py", line 5164, in compile
> self.do_treatcards('', amcatnlo=True, mode=mode)
> File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/amcatnlo_run_interface.py", line 1718, in do_treatcards
> return super(aMCatNLOCmd,self).do_treatcards(line, amcatnlo)
> File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/common_run_interface.py", line 911, in do_treatcards
> subprocess.call(['python', 'write_param_card.py'],
> File "/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 340, in call
> with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p:
> File "/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 854, in __init__
> self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,
> File "/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 1702, in _execute_child
> raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)
> FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'python'
> Related File: python
> Value of current Options:
> pythia8_path : /home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/HEPTools/pythia8
> hwpp_path : None
> thepeg_path : None
> hepmc_path : None
> madanalysis_path : None
> madanalysis5_path : None
> pythia-pgs_path : None
> td_path : None
> delphes_path : None
> exrootanalysis_path : None
> syscalc_path : None
> timeout : 60
> web_browser : None
> eps_viewer : None
> text_editor : None
> fortran_compiler : None
> f2py_compiler : None
> f2py_compiler_py2 : None
> f2py_compiler_py3 : None
> cpp_compiler : None
> auto_update : 7
> cluster_type : condor
> cluster_queue : None
> cluster_status_update : (600, 30)
> fastjet : None
> golem : None
> samurai : None
> ninja : /home/matteo/3.0.4/HEPTools/lib
> collier : None
> lhapdf : /home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/HEPTools/lhapdf6_py3/bin/lhapdf-config
> pineappl : pineappl
> lhapdf_py2 : None
> lhapdf_py3 : /home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/HEPTools/lhapdf6_py3/bin/lhapdf-config
> cluster_temp_path : None
> mg5amc_py8_interface_path : /home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/HEPTools/MG5aMC_PY8_interface
> cluster_local_path : None
> OLP : MadLoop
> cluster_nb_retry : 1
> cluster_retry_wait : 300
> cluster_size : 100
> output_dependencies : external
> crash_on_error : False
> auto_convert_model : False
> group_subprocesses : Auto
> ignore_six_quark_processes : False
> low_mem_multicore_nlo_generation : False
> complex_mass_scheme : False
> include_lepton_initiated_processes : False
> gauge : unitary
> stdout_level : 10
> loop_optimized_output : True
> loop_color_flows : False
> max_npoint_for_channel : 0
> default_unset_couplings : 99
> max_t_for_channel : 99
> zerowidth_tchannel : True
> nlo_mixed_expansion : True
> automatic_html_opening : False
> run_mode : 2
> nb_core : 8
> notification_center : True
> mg5_path : /home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0
> #************************************************************
> #* MadGraph5_aMC@NLO *
> #* *
> #* * * *
> #* * * * * *
> #* * * * * 5 * * * * *
> #* * * * * *
> #* * * *
> #* *
> #* *
> #* VERSION 3.1.0 2021-03-25 *
> #* BZR MG5_aMC_v3_1_0 999 *
> #* *
> #* The MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Development Team - Find us at *
> #* https://server06.fynu.ucl.ac.be/projects/madgraph *
> #* *
> #************************************************************
> #* *
> #* Command File for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO *
> #* *
> #* run as ./bin/mg5_aMC filename *
> #* *
> #************************************************************
> set group_subprocesses Auto
> set ignore_six_quark_processes False
> set low_mem_multicore_nlo_generation False
> set complex_mass_scheme False
> set include_lepton_initiated_processes False
> set gauge unitary
> set loop_optimized_output True
> set loop_color_flows False
> set max_npoint_for_channel 0
> set default_unset_couplings 99
> set max_t_for_channel 99
> set zerowidth_tchannel True
> set nlo_mixed_expansion True
> import model sm
> define p = g u c d s u~ c~ d~ s~
> define j = g u c d s u~ c~ d~ s~
> define l+ = e+ mu+
> define l- = e- mu-
> define vl = ve vm vt
> define vl~ = ve~ vm~ vt~
> import model /home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/models/SMEFT3G4pFFV\
> VV
> define p = 21 2 4 1 3 -2 -4 -1 -3 5 -5 # pass to 5 flavors
> define j = p
> generate p p > t t~ [QCD]
> output
> ######################################################################
> ## PARAM_CARD AUTOMATICALY GENERATED BY MG5 FOLLOWING UFO MODEL ####
> ######################################################################
> ## ##
> ## Width set on Auto will be computed following the information ##
> ## present in the decay.py files of the model. ##
> ## See arXiv:1402.1178 for more details. ##
> ## ##
> ######################################################################
>
> ###################################
> ## INFORMATION FOR DIM6
> ###################################
> Block dim6
> 1 1.000000e+03 # Lambda
> 2 0.000000e+00 # cpDC
> 3 0.000000e+00 # cpWB
> 4 0.000000e+00 # cdp
> 5 0.000000e+00 # cp
> 6 0.000000e+00 # cWWW
> 7 1.100000e+00 # cG
> 8 0.000000e+00 # cpG
> 9 0.000000e+00 # cpW
> 10 0.000000e+00 # cpBB
>
> ###################################
> ## INFORMATION FOR DIM62F
> ###################################
> Block dim62f
> 1 0.000000e+00 # cpl1
> 2 0.000000e+00 # cpl2
> 3 0.000000e+00 # cpl3
> 4 0.000000e+00 # c3pl1
> 5 0.000000e+00 # c3pl2
> 6 0.000000e+00 # c3pl3
> 7 0.000000e+00 # cpe
> 8 0.000000e+00 # cpmu
> 9 0.000000e+00 # cpta
> 10 0.000000e+00 # cpqMi
> 11 0.000000e+00 # cpq3i
> 12 0.000000e+00 # cpQ3
> 13 0.000000e+00 # cpQM
> 14 0.000000e+00 # cpu
> 15 0.000000e+00 # cpt
> 16 0.000000e+00 # cpd
> 19 0.000000e+00 # ctp
> 22 0.000000e+00 # ctZ
> 23 0.000000e+00 # ctW
> 24 0.000000e+00 # ctG
>
> ###################################
> ## INFORMATION FOR DIM64F
> ###################################
> Block dim64f
> 1 0.000000e-10 # cQq83
> 2 0.000000e-10 # cQq81
> 3 0.000000e-10 # cQu8
> 4 0.000000e-10 # ctq8
> 6 0.000000e-10 # cQd8
> 7 0.000000e-10 # ctu8
> 8 0.000000e-10 # ctd8
> 10 0.000000e-10 # cQq13
> 11 0.000000e-10 # cQq11
> 12 0.000000e-10 # cQu1
> 13 0.000000e-10 # ctq1
> 14 0.000000e-10 # cQd1
> 16 0.000000e-10 # ctu1
> 17 0.000000e-10 # ctd1
> 19 0.000000e-10 # cQQ8
> 20 0.000000e-10 # cQQ1
> 21 0.000000e-10 # cQt1
> 23 0.000000e-10 # ctt1
> 25 0.000000e-10 # cQt8
>
> ###################################
> ## INFORMATION FOR DIM64F2L
> ###################################
> Block dim64f2l
> 1 0.000000e-10 # cQlM1
> 2 0.000000e-10 # cQlM2
> 3 0.000000e-10 # cQl31
> 4 0.000000e-10 # cQl32
> 5 0.000000e-10 # cQe1
> 6 0.000000e-10 # cQe2
> 7 0.000000e-10 # ctl1
> 8 0.000000e-10 # ctl2
> 9 0.000000e-10 # cte1
> 10 0.000000e-10 # cte2
> 13 0.000000e-10 # cQlM3
> 14 0.000000e-10 # cQl33
> 15 0.000000e-10 # cQe3
> 16 0.000000e-10 # ctl3
> 17 0.000000e-10 # cte3
> 19 0.000000e-10 # ctlS3
> 20 0.000000e-10 # ctlT3
> 21 0.000000e-10 # cblS3
>
> ###################################
> ## INFORMATION FOR DIM64F4L
> ###################################
> Block dim64f4l
> 1 0.000000e-10 # cll1111
> 2 0.000000e-10 # cll2222
> 3 0.000000e-10 # cll3333
> 4 0.000000e-10 # cll1122
> 5 0.000000e-10 # cll1133
> 6 0.000000e-10 # cll2233
> 7 0.000000e-10 # cll1221
> 8 0.000000e-10 # cll1331
> 9 0.000000e-10 # cll2332
>
> ###################################
> ## INFORMATION FOR MASS
> ###################################
> Block mass
> 6 1.720000e+02 # MT
> 23 9.118760e+01 # MZ
> 24 7.982440e+01 # MW
> 25 1.250000e+02 # MH
> ## Dependent parameters, given by model restrictions.
> ## Those values should be edited following the
> ## analytical expression. MG5 ignores those values
> ## but they are important for interfacing the output of MG5
> ## to external program such as Pythia.
> 1 0.000000e+00 # d : 0.0
> 2 0.000000e+00 # u : 0.0
> 3 0.000000e+00 # s : 0.0
> 4 0.000000e+00 # c : 0.0
> 5 0.000000e+00 # b : 0.0
> 11 0.000000e+00 # e- : 0.0
> 12 0.000000e+00 # ve : 0.0
> 13 0.000000e+00 # mu- : 0.0
> 14 0.000000e+00 # vm : 0.0
> 15 0.000000e+00 # ta- : 0.0
> 16 0.000000e+00 # vt : 0.0
> 21 0.000000e+00 # g : 0.0
> 22 0.000000e+00 # a : 0.0
> 9000002 9.118760e+01 # ghz : MZ
> 9000003 7.982440e+01 # ghwp : MW
> 9000004 7.982440e+01 # ghwm : MW
>
> ###################################
> ## INFORMATION FOR RENOR
> ###################################
> Block renor
> 1 5.550000e+02 # mueft
>
> ###################################
> ## INFORMATION FOR SMINPUTS
> ###################################
> Block sminputs
> 2 1.166370e-05 # Gf
> 3 1.184000e-01 # aS (Note that Parameter not used if you use a PDF set)
>
> ###################################
> ## INFORMATION FOR YUKAWA
> ###################################
> Block yukawa
> 6 1.720000e+02 # ymt
>
> ###################################
> ## INFORMATION FOR DECAY
> ###################################
> DECAY 6 1.508336e+00 # WT
> DECAY 23 2.495200e+00 # WZ
> DECAY 24 2.085000e+00 # WW
> DECAY 25 5.753088e-03 # WH
> ## Dependent parameters, given by model restrictions.
> ## Those values should be edited following the
> ## analytical expression. MG5 ignores those values
> ## but they are important for interfacing the output of MG5
> ## to external program such as Pythia.
> DECAY 1 0.000000e+00 # d : 0.0
> DECAY 2 0.000000e+00 # u : 0.0
> DECAY 3 0.000000e+00 # s : 0.0
> DECAY 4 0.000000e+00 # c : 0.0
> DECAY 5 0.000000e+00 # b : 0.0
> DECAY 11 0.000000e+00 # e- : 0.0
> DECAY 12 0.000000e+00 # ve : 0.0
> DECAY 13 0.000000e+00 # mu- : 0.0
> DECAY 14 0.000000e+00 # vm : 0.0
> DECAY 15 0.000000e+00 # ta- : 0.0
> DECAY 16 0.000000e+00 # vt : 0.0
> DECAY 21 0.000000e+00 # g : 0.0
> DECAY 22 0.000000e+00 # a : 0.0
> DECAY 9000002 2.495200e+00 # ghz : WZ
> DECAY 9000003 2.085000e+00 # ghwp : WW
> DECAY 9000004 2.085000e+00 # ghwm : WW
> #===========================================================
> # QUANTUM NUMBERS OF NEW STATE(S) (NON SM PDG CODE)
> #===========================================================
>
> Block QNUMBERS 9000001 # gha
> 1 0 # 3 times electric charge
> 2 1 # number of spin states (2S+1)
> 3 1 # colour rep (1: singlet, 3: triplet, 8: octet)
> 4 1 # Particle/Antiparticle distinction (0=own anti)
> Block QNUMBERS 9000002 # ghz
> 1 0 # 3 times electric charge
> 2 1 # number of spin states (2S+1)
> 3 1 # colour rep (1: singlet, 3: triplet, 8: octet)
> 4 1 # Particle/Antiparticle distinction (0=own anti)
> Block QNUMBERS 9000003 # ghwp
> 1 3 # 3 times electric charge
> 2 1 # number of spin states (2S+1)
> 3 1 # colour rep (1: singlet, 3: triplet, 8: octet)
> 4 1 # Particle/Antiparticle distinction (0=own anti)
> Block QNUMBERS 9000004 # ghwm
> 1 -3 # 3 times electric charge
> 2 1 # number of spin states (2S+1)
> 3 1 # colour rep (1: singlet, 3: triplet, 8: octet)
> 4 1 # Particle/Antiparticle distinction (0=own anti)
> Block QNUMBERS 9000005 # ghg
> 1 0 # 3 times electric charge
> 2 1 # number of spin states (2S+1)
> 3 8 # colour rep (1: singlet, 3: triplet, 8: octet)
> 4 1 # Particle/Antiparticle distinction (0=own anti)
> #***********************************************************************
> # MadGraph5_aMC@NLO *
> # *
> # run_card.dat aMC@NLO *
> # *
> # This file is used to set the parameters of the run. *
> # *
> # Some notation/conventions: *
> # *
> # Lines starting with a hash (#) are info or comments *
> # *
> # mind the format: value = variable ! comment *
> # *
> # Some of the values of variables can be list. These can either be *
> # comma or space separated. *
> # *
> # To display additional parameter, you can use the command: *
> # update to_full *
> #***********************************************************************
> #
> #*******************
> # Running parameters
> #*******************
> #
> #***********************************************************************
> # Tag name for the run (one word) *
> #***********************************************************************
> tag_1 = run_tag ! name of the run
> #***********************************************************************
> # Number of LHE events (and their normalization) and the required *
> # (relative) accuracy on the Xsec. *
> # These values are ignored for fixed order runs *
> #***********************************************************************
> 10000 = nevents ! Number of unweighted events requested
> -1.0 = req_acc ! Required accuracy (-1=auto determined from nevents)
> -1 = nevt_job! Max number of events per job in event generation.
> ! (-1= no split).
> #***********************************************************************
> # Normalize the weights of LHE events such that they sum or average to *
> # the total cross section *
> #***********************************************************************
> average = event_norm ! valid settings: average, sum, bias
> #***********************************************************************
> # Number of points per itegration channel (ignored for aMC@NLO runs) *
> #***********************************************************************
> 0.01 = req_acc_FO ! Required accuracy (-1=ignored, and use the
> ! number of points and iter. below)
> # These numbers are ignored except if req_acc_FO is equal to -1
> 5000 = npoints_FO_grid ! number of points to setup grids
> 4 = niters_FO_grid ! number of iter. to setup grids
> 10000 = npoints_FO ! number of points to compute Xsec
> 6 = niters_FO ! number of iter. to compute Xsec
> #***********************************************************************
> # Random number seed *
> #***********************************************************************
> 0 = iseed ! rnd seed (0=assigned automatically=default))
> #***********************************************************************
> # Collider type and energy *
> #***********************************************************************
> 1 = lpp1 ! beam 1 type (0 = no PDF)
> 1 = lpp2 ! beam 2 type (0 = no PDF)
> 6500.0 = ebeam1 ! beam 1 energy in GeV
> 6500.0 = ebeam2 ! beam 2 energy in GeV
> #***********************************************************************
> # PDF choice: this automatically fixes also alpha_s(MZ) and its evol. *
> #***********************************************************************
> nn23nlo = pdlabel ! PDF set
> 244600 = lhaid ! If pdlabel=lhapdf, this is the lhapdf number. Only
> ! numbers for central PDF sets are allowed. Can be a list;
> ! PDF sets beyond the first are included via reweighting.
> #***********************************************************************
> # Include the NLO Monte Carlo subtr. terms for the following parton *
> # shower (HERWIG6 | HERWIGPP | PYTHIA6Q | PYTHIA6PT | PYTHIA8) *
> # WARNING: PYTHIA6PT works only for processes without FSR!!!! *
> #***********************************************************************
> HERWIG6 = parton_shower
> 1.0 = shower_scale_factor ! multiply default shower starting
> ! scale by this factor
> #***********************************************************************
> # Renormalization and factorization scales *
> # (Default functional form for the non-fixed scales is the sum of *
> # the transverse masses divided by two of all final state particles *
> # and partons. This can be changed in SubProcesses/set_scales.f or via *
> # dynamical_scale_choice option) *
> #***********************************************************************
> False = fixed_ren_scale ! if .true. use fixed ren scale
> False = fixed_fac_scale ! if .true. use fixed fac scale
> 91.118 = muR_ref_fixed ! fixed ren reference scale
> 91.118 = muF_ref_fixed ! fixed fact reference scale
> -1 = dynamical_scale_choice ! Choose one (or more) of the predefined
> ! dynamical choices. Can be a list; scale choices beyond the
> ! first are included via reweighting
> 1.0 = muR_over_ref ! ratio of current muR over reference muR
> 1.0 = muF_over_ref ! ratio of current muF over reference muF
> #***********************************************************************
> # Reweight variables for scale dependence and PDF uncertainty *
> #***********************************************************************
> 1.0, 2.0, 0.5 = rw_rscale ! muR factors to be included by reweighting
> 1.0, 2.0, 0.5 = rw_fscale ! muF factors to be included by reweighting
> True = reweight_scale ! Reweight to get scale variation using the
> ! rw_rscale and rw_fscale factors. Should be a list of
> ! booleans of equal length to dynamical_scale_choice to
> ! specify for which choice to include scale dependence.
> False = reweight_PDF ! Reweight to get PDF uncertainty. Should be a
> ! list booleans of equal length to lhaid to specify for
> ! which PDF set to include the uncertainties.
> #***********************************************************************
> # Store reweight information in the LHE file for off-line model- *
> # parameter reweighting at NLO+PS accuracy *
> #***********************************************************************
> False = store_rwgt_info ! Store info for reweighting in LHE file
> #***********************************************************************
> # ickkw parameter: *
> # 0: No merging *
> # 3: FxFx Merging - WARNING! Applies merging only at the hard-event *
> # level. After showering an MLM-type merging should be applied as *
> # well. See http://amcatnlo.cern.ch/FxFx_merging.htm for details. *
> # 4: UNLOPS merging (with pythia8 only). No interface from within *
> # MG5_aMC available, but available in Pythia8. *
> # -1: NNLL+NLO jet-veto computation. See arxiv:1412.8408 [hep-ph]. *
> #***********************************************************************
> 0 = ickkw
> #***********************************************************************
> #
> #***********************************************************************
> # BW cutoff (M+/-bwcutoff*Gamma). Determines which resonances are *
> # written in the LHE event file *
> #***********************************************************************
> 15.0 = bwcutoff
> #***********************************************************************
> # Cuts on the jets. Jet clustering is performed by FastJet. *
> # - If gamma_is_j, photons are also clustered *
> # - When matching to a parton shower, these generation cuts should be *
> # considerably softer than the analysis cuts. *
> # - More specific cuts can be specified in SubProcesses/cuts.f *
> #***********************************************************************
> 1.0 = jetalgo ! FastJet jet algorithm (1=kT, 0=C/A, -1=anti-kT)
> 0.7 = jetradius ! The radius parameter for the jet algorithm
> 10.0 = ptj ! Min jet transverse momentum
> -1.0 = etaj ! Max jet abs(pseudo-rap) (a value .lt.0 means no cut)
> True = gamma_is_j! Wether to cluster photons as jets or not
> #***********************************************************************
> # Cuts on the charged leptons (e+, e-, mu+, mu-, tau+ and tau-) *
> # More specific cuts can be specified in SubProcesses/cuts.f *
> #***********************************************************************
> 0.0 = ptl ! Min lepton transverse momentum
> -1.0 = etal ! Max lepton abs(pseudo-rap) (a value .lt.0 means no cut)
> 0.0 = drll ! Min distance between opposite sign lepton pairs
> 0.0 = drll_sf ! Min distance between opp. sign same-flavor lepton pairs
> 0.0 = mll ! Min inv. mass of all opposite sign lepton pairs
> 30.0 = mll_sf ! Min inv. mass of all opp. sign same-flavor lepton pairs
> #***********************************************************************
> # Fermion-photon recombination parameters *
> # If Rphreco=0, no recombination is performed *
> #***********************************************************************
> 0.1 = Rphreco ! Minimum fermion-photon distance for recombination
> -1.0 = etaphreco ! Maximum abs(pseudo-rap) for photons to be recombined (a value .lt.0 means no cut)
> True = lepphreco ! Recombine photons and leptons together
> True = quarkphreco ! Recombine photons and quarks together
> #***********************************************************************
> # Photon-isolation cuts, according to hep-ph/9801442 *
> # Not applied if gamma_is_j *
> # When ptgmin=0, all the other parameters are ignored *
> # More specific cuts can be specified in SubProcesses/cuts.f *
> #***********************************************************************
> 20.0 = ptgmin ! Min photon transverse momentum
> -1.0 = etagamma ! Max photon abs(pseudo-rap)
> 0.4 = R0gamma ! Radius of isolation code
> 1.0 = xn ! n parameter of eq.(3.4) in hep-ph/9801442
> 1.0 = epsgamma ! epsilon_gamma parameter of eq.(3.4) in hep-ph/9801442
> True = isoEM ! isolate photons from EM energy (photons and leptons)
> #***********************************************************************
> # Cuts associated to MASSIVE particles identified by their PDG codes. *
> # All cuts are applied to both particles and anti-particles, so use *
> # POSITIVE PDG CODES only. Example of the syntax is {6 : 100} or *
> # {6:100, 25:200} for multiple particles *
> #***********************************************************************
> {} = pt_min_pdg ! Min pT for a massive particle
> {} = pt_max_pdg ! Max pT for a massive particle
> {} = mxx_min_pdg ! inv. mass for any pair of (anti)particles
> #***********************************************************************
> # Use PineAPPL to generate PDF-independent fast-interpolation grid *
> # (https://zenodo.org/record/3992765#.X2EWy5MzbVo) *
> #***********************************************************************
> False = pineappl ! PineAPPL switch
> #***********************************************************************
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.

Revision history for this message
matteo maltoni (matteo-maltoni) said :
#2

Thanks Olivier,

The issue is not showing up anymore, and the run starts normally!

Anyway, some tests fail and this stops the generation: this is due to some incompleteness in the model, right?
I paste below the log file content, for (p p > t t~ NP=2 [QCD]).

Thanks again,

Matteo

Log file:

launch auto
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py", line 1544, in onecmd
    return self.onecmd_orig(line, **opt)
  File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py", line 1493, in onecmd_orig
    return func(arg, **opt)
  File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/amcatnlo_run_interface.py", line 1779, in do_launch
    self.compile(mode, options)
  File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/amcatnlo_run_interface.py", line 5361, in compile
    self.check_tests(test, this_dir)
  File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/amcatnlo_run_interface.py", line 5372, in check_tests
    return self.parse_test_mx_log(pjoin(dir, '%s.log' % test))
  File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/amcatnlo_run_interface.py", line 5382, in parse_test_mx_log
    raise aMCatNLOError('Some tests failed, run cannot continue. Please search on https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo for more information, and in case there is none, report the problem there.')
madgraph.interface.amcatnlo_run_interface.aMCatNLOError: Some tests failed, run cannot continue. Please search on https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo for more information, and in case there is none, report the problem there.

Revision history for this message
Olivier Mattelaer (olivier-mattelaer) said :
#3

Yes this sounds like a model issue. Looks like we detect some inconsistency in the soft/collinear regime.

Olivier

> On 26 May 2021, at 14:55, matteo maltoni <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Question #697254 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/697254
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> matteo maltoni is still having a problem:
> Thanks Olivier,
>
> The issue is not showing up anymore, and the run starts normally!
>
> Anyway, some tests fail and this stops the generation: this is due to some incompleteness in the model, right?
> I paste below the log file content, for (p p > t t~ NP=2 [QCD]).
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Matteo
>
> Log file:
>
> launch auto
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py", line 1544, in onecmd
> return self.onecmd_orig(line, **opt)
> File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py", line 1493, in onecmd_orig
> return func(arg, **opt)
> File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/amcatnlo_run_interface.py", line 1779, in do_launch
> self.compile(mode, options)
> File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/amcatnlo_run_interface.py", line 5361, in compile
> self.check_tests(test, this_dir)
> File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/amcatnlo_run_interface.py", line 5372, in check_tests
> return self.parse_test_mx_log(pjoin(dir, '%s.log' % test))
> File "/home/matteo/Scrivania/MG5_aMC_v3_1_0/madgraph/interface/amcatnlo_run_interface.py", line 5382, in parse_test_mx_log
> raise aMCatNLOError('Some tests failed, run cannot continue. Please search on https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo for more information, and in case there is none, report the problem there.')
> madgraph.interface.amcatnlo_run_interface.aMCatNLOError: Some tests failed, run cannot continue. Please search on https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo for more information, and in case there is none, report the problem there.
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.

Revision history for this message
matteo maltoni (matteo-maltoni) said :
#4

Thanks Olivier Mattelaer, that solved my question.