Error in automatic decay width calculation

Asked by SB on 2020-07-07

Hi,

I am working on a new BSM model generated by SARAH 4.14.2. I am a new user of madgraph5. I am having some trouble in calculating decay width of a tree level process automatically using 'set Whh1 Auto'. It is showing some error messages like,

Command "generate_events run_01" interrupted in sub-command:
"set max_npoint_for_channel 0" with error:
NameError : name 'mdl_APP4' is not defined
Please report this bug on https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo
More information is found in 'MG5_debug'.
Please attach this file to your report.

Is it because of any problem in my model file? Can you please suggest what kind of fault may generate this kind of error messages?

Thanks in advance.

SB

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
Last reply:
Revision history for this message
Olivier Mattelaer (olivier-mattelaer) said :
#1

Hi,

This sounds like a model related problem indeed. Now it can be an error on how MG5 handle the model.
If you do
grep APP4 .-rin
inside your UFO model directory what do you get?

Cheers,

Olivier

Revision history for this message
SB (sb-physics) said :
#2

Thanks for your suggestion. After I did that. it showed,

Binary file parameters.pyo matches
Binary file model_Feynman.pkl matches
Binary file dec_model.pkl matches
param_card.dat:83: 0 22 22 0.000000e+00 # APP4
parameters.py:4488:APP4 = Parameter(name='APP4',
parameters.py:4492: texname = '\\text{APP4}',
Binary file model.pkl matches
couplings.py:15615: value='-(APP4*complex(0,1))',
Binary file couplings.pyo matches

Thanks in advance.

SB

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 5:01 PM Olivier Mattelaer <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #691744 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Olivier Mattelaer proposed the following answer:
> Hi,
>
> This sounds like a model related problem indeed. Now it can be an error on
> how MG5 handle the model.
> If you do
> grep APP4 .-rin
> inside your UFO model directory what do you get?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Olivier
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744/+confirm?answer_id=0
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Revision history for this message
Olivier Mattelaer (olivier-mattelaer) said :
#3

Looks like reasonable.
Could you send me the model by email (<email address hidden>) and include a link to this page in your email?

Cheers,

Olivier

Revision history for this message
Olivier Mattelaer (olivier-mattelaer) said :
#4

Hi,

Sorry for the long delay which was due to first my holliday and then to an hackathon events who take 100% of my FLOPS available.

Note that I have those (very worrysome) warning when loading the model:

WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid

It likely means that some particle will not have the expected color assigned to them and therefore likely weird behavior).

The problem is actually the fact that you have two parameter with the same block and index:

APP4 = Parameter(name='APP4',
         nature = 'external',
         type = 'real',
         value = 0.,
         texname = '\\text{APP4}',
         lhablock = 'EFFHIGGSCOUPLINGS',
         lhacode = [0,22,22] )

APP5 = Parameter(name='APP5',
         nature = 'external',
         type = 'real',
         value = 0.,
         texname = '\\text{APP5}',
         lhablock = 'EFFHIGGSCOUPLINGS',
         lhacode = [0,22,22] )

if I change the index to [0,22,22, 1]
for one of the two then I get another error related to another parameter with the exact same issue.

Cheers,

Olivier

Revision history for this message
SB (sb-physics) said :
#5

Thanks a lot for your helpful suggestions. I checked my model and could
solve the issue regarding those unwanted vertices. But now it is showing
another kind of error while finding the decay width.

Command "generate_events run_01" interrupted in sub-command:
"set max_npoint_for_channel 0" with error:
KeyError : (-3, 1)
Please report this bug on https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo
More information is found in 'MG5_debug'.
Please attach this file to your report.

Is it also a model file oriented issue?

Thanks in advance.
SB

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 6:15 AM Olivier Mattelaer <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #691744 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744
>
> Olivier Mattelaer proposed the following answer:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the long delay which was due to first my holliday and then to
> an hackathon events who take 100% of my FLOPS available.
>
> Note that I have those (very worrysome) warning when loading the model:
>
> WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
> WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
> WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
> WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
> WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
> WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
>
> It likely means that some particle will not have the expected color
> assigned to them and therefore likely weird behavior).
>
> The problem is actually the fact that you have two parameter with the
> same block and index:
>
> APP4 = Parameter(name='APP4',
> nature = 'external',
> type = 'real',
> value = 0.,
> texname = '\\text{APP4}',
> lhablock = 'EFFHIGGSCOUPLINGS',
> lhacode = [0,22,22] )
>
> APP5 = Parameter(name='APP5',
> nature = 'external',
> type = 'real',
> value = 0.,
> texname = '\\text{APP5}',
> lhablock = 'EFFHIGGSCOUPLINGS',
> lhacode = [0,22,22] )
>
> if I change the index to [0,22,22, 1]
> for one of the two then I get another error related to another parameter
> with the exact same issue.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Olivier
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744/+confirm?answer_id=3
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Revision history for this message
Olivier Mattelaer (olivier-mattelaer) said :
#6

Without the debug file, I can not tell.

Cheers,

Olivier

Revision history for this message
SB (sb-physics) said :
#7

Here is the debug file,

#************************************************************
#* MadGraph5_aMC@NLO *
#* *
#* * * *
#* * * * * *
#* * * * * 5 * * * * *
#* * * * * *
#* * * *
#* *
#* *
#* VERSION 2.6.6 2018-06-28 *
#* *
#* The MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Development Team - Find us at *
#* https://server06.fynu.ucl.ac.be/projects/madgraph *
#* *
#************************************************************
#* *
#* Command File for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO *
#* *
#* run as ./bin/mg5_aMC filename *
#* *
#************************************************************
set default_unset_couplings 99
set group_subprocesses Auto
set ignore_six_quark_processes False
set loop_optimized_output True
set loop_color_flows False
set gauge unitary
set complex_mass_scheme False
set max_npoint_for_channel 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py",
line 1514, in onecmd
    return self.onecmd_orig(line, **opt)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py",
line 1463, in onecmd_orig
    return func(arg, **opt)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/madevent_interface.py",
line 2461, in do_generate_events
    switch_mode = self.ask_run_configuration(mode, args)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/madevent_interface.py",
line 6172, in ask_run_configuration
    self.ask_edit_cards(cards, plot=False, first_cmd=first_cmd)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/common_run_interface.py",
line 966, in ask_edit_cards
    banner=banner)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/common_run_interface.py",
line 1038, in ask_edit_card_static
    cards=cards, mode=mode, **opt)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py",
line 1128, in ask
    fct=question_instance, fct_timeout=fct_timeout)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py",
line 1728, in timed_input
    result = fct(question)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py",
line 2091, in __call__
    return self.cmdloop()
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py",
line 2259, in cmdloop
    super(SmartQuestion,self).cmdloop(intro)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py",
line 170, in cmdloop
    stop = self.postcmd(stop, line)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/common_run_interface.py",
line 5956, in postcmd
    self.do_update('dependent', timer=20)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/common_run_interface.py",
line 6002, in do_update
    self.do_compute_widths('')
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/common_run_interface.py",
line 6372, in do_compute_widths
    out = self.mother_interface.do_compute_widths(line)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/common_run_interface.py",
line 2288, in do_compute_widths
    out = cmd.exec_cmd(line, model=opts['model'])
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py",
line 1543, in exec_cmd
    stop = Cmd.onecmd_orig(current_interface, line, **opt)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py",
line 1463, in onecmd_orig
    return func(arg, **opt)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/master_interface.py",
line 343, in do_compute_widths
    return self.cmd.do_compute_widths(self, *args, **opts)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/madgraph_interface.py",
line 8165, in do_compute_widths
    ), skip_2body=skip_2body, model=decaymodel)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/master_interface.py",
line 331, in do_decay_diagram
    return self.cmd.do_decay_diagram(self, *args, **opts)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/madgraph_interface.py",
line 8439, in do_decay_diagram
    model.find_all_channels(2,generate_abstract=False)
  File "/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/mg5decay/decay_objects.py",
line 2845, in find_all_channels
    part.find_channels_nextlevel(self, min_br)
  File "/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/mg5decay/decay_objects.py",
line 914, in find_channels_nextlevel
    self['apx_decaywidth'] += temp_channel.get_apx_decaywidth(model)
  File "/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/mg5decay/decay_objects.py",
line 4424, in get_apx_decaywidth
    self.get_apx_psarea(model)/ \
  File "/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/mg5decay/decay_objects.py",
line 4129, in get_apx_matrixelement_sq
    model, True)
  File "/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/mg5decay/decay_objects.py",
line 4304, in get_color_multiplicity
    final_color.pop()])
  File "/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/mg5decay/decay_objects.py",
line 1966, in color_multiplicity_def
    return color_dict[color_tuple]
KeyError: (-3, 1)
                          MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Options
                          ----------------
        complex_mass_scheme : False
    default_unset_couplings : 99 (user set)
                      gauge : unitary
         group_subprocesses : Auto
  ignore_six_quark_processes : False
           loop_color_flows : False
      loop_optimized_output : True
  low_mem_multicore_nlo_generation : False
     max_npoint_for_channel : 0 (user set)
               stdout_level : 20 (user set)

                         MadEvent Options
                          ----------------
     automatic_html_opening : False (user set)
                    nb_core : 4 (user set)
        notification_center : True
                   run_mode : 2

                      Configuration Options
                      ---------------------
                        OLP : MadLoop
                    amcfast : amcfast-config
                   applgrid : applgrid-config
                auto_update : 7 (user set)
         cluster_local_path : None
           cluster_nb_retry : 1
              cluster_queue : None (user set)
         cluster_retry_wait : 300
               cluster_size : 100
      cluster_status_update : (600, 30)
          cluster_temp_path : None
               cluster_type : condor
                    collier : ./HEPTools/lib
               cpp_compiler : None
             crash_on_error : False
               delphes_path :
/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/Delphes (user set)
                 eps_viewer : None
        exrootanalysis_path : None (user set)
              f2py_compiler : None
                    fastjet : None (user set)
           fortran_compiler : None
                      golem : None (user set)
                 hepmc_path : None (user set)
                  hwpp_path : None (user set)
                     lhapdf : lhapdf-config
          madanalysis5_path :
/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/HEPTools/madanalysis5/madanalysis5
(user set)
           madanalysis_path : None (user set)
  mg5amc_py8_interface_path : None (user set)
                      ninja : ./HEPTools/lib
        output_dependencies : external
                      pjfry : None (user set)
            pythia-pgs_path :
/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/pythia-pgs (user set)
               pythia8_path : None (user set)
                    samurai : None
               syscalc_path : None (user set)
                    td_path : None (user set)
                text_editor : None
                thepeg_path : None (user set)
                    timeout : 60
                web_browser : None

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 7:50 PM Olivier Mattelaer <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #691744 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Olivier Mattelaer proposed the following answer:
> Without the debug file, I can not tell.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Olivier
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744/+confirm?answer_id=5
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Revision history for this message
Olivier Mattelaer (olivier-mattelaer) said :
#8

So yes this seems to be some issue with the color handling of the model,
likely related to the error:
WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid

that I pointed before.

Cheers,

Olivier

Revision history for this message
SB (sb-physics) said :
#9

Yes, thanks for your helpful suggestion. I checked but problem is arising
again.

Command "generate_events run_01" interrupted in sub-command:
"set max_npoint_for_channel 0" with error:
OverflowError : signed integer is greater than maximum
Please report this bug on https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo
More information is found in 'MG5_debug'.
Please attach this file to your report.

Thanks in advance.
SB

Debug file:

#************************************************************
#* MadGraph5_aMC@NLO *
#* *
#* * * *
#* * * * * *
#* * * * * 5 * * * * *
#* * * * * *
#* * * *
#* *
#* *
#* VERSION 2.6.6 2018-06-28 *
#* *
#* The MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Development Team - Find us at *
#* https://server06.fynu.ucl.ac.be/projects/madgraph *
#* *
#************************************************************
#* *
#* Command File for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO *
#* *
#* run as ./bin/mg5_aMC filename *
#* *
#************************************************************
set default_unset_couplings 99
set group_subprocesses Auto
set ignore_six_quark_processes False
set loop_optimized_output True
set loop_color_flows False
set gauge unitary
set complex_mass_scheme False
set max_npoint_for_channel 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py",
line 1514, in onecmd
    return self.onecmd_orig(line, **opt)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py",
line 1463, in onecmd_orig
    return func(arg, **opt)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/madevent_interface.py",
line 2461, in do_generate_events
    switch_mode = self.ask_run_configuration(mode, args)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/madevent_interface.py",
line 6172, in ask_run_configuration
    self.ask_edit_cards(cards, plot=False, first_cmd=first_cmd)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/common_run_interface.py",
line 966, in ask_edit_cards
    banner=banner)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/common_run_interface.py",
line 1038, in ask_edit_card_static
    cards=cards, mode=mode, **opt)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py",
line 1128, in ask
    fct=question_instance, fct_timeout=fct_timeout)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py",
line 1728, in timed_input
    result = fct(question)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py",
line 2091, in __call__
    return self.cmdloop()
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py",
line 2259, in cmdloop
    super(SmartQuestion,self).cmdloop(intro)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py",
line 170, in cmdloop
    stop = self.postcmd(stop, line)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/common_run_interface.py",
line 5956, in postcmd
    self.do_update('dependent', timer=20)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/common_run_interface.py",
line 6002, in do_update
    self.do_compute_widths('')
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/common_run_interface.py",
line 6372, in do_compute_widths
    out = self.mother_interface.do_compute_widths(line)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/common_run_interface.py",
line 2288, in do_compute_widths
    out = cmd.exec_cmd(line, model=opts['model'])
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py",
line 1543, in exec_cmd
    stop = Cmd.onecmd_orig(current_interface, line, **opt)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/extended_cmd.py",
line 1463, in onecmd_orig
    return func(arg, **opt)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/master_interface.py",
line 343, in do_compute_widths
    return self.cmd.do_compute_widths(self, *args, **opts)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/madgraph_interface.py",
line 8165, in do_compute_widths
    ), skip_2body=skip_2body, model=decaymodel)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/master_interface.py",
line 331, in do_decay_diagram
    return self.cmd.do_decay_diagram(self, *args, **opts)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/interface/madgraph_interface.py",
line 8455, in do_decay_diagram
    part.find_channels_nextlevel(model, min_br)
  File "/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/mg5decay/decay_objects.py",
line 885, in find_channels_nextlevel
    if not model.keep_Npoint(vert, self):
  File "/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/various/misc.py",
line 100, in f_with_no_logger
    out = f(self, *args, **opt)
  File "/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/mg5decay/decay_objects.py",
line 1838, in keep_Npoint
    myproc = diagram_generation.MultiProcess(myprocdef, optimize=False)
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/core/diagram_generation.py",
line 1596, in __init__
    self.get('amplitudes')
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/core/diagram_generation.py",
line 1644, in get
    diagram_filter=self['diagram_filter']))
  File
"/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/madgraph/core/diagram_generation.py",
line 1731, in generate_multi_amplitudes
    sorted_legs = array.array('i', [l[0] for l in sorted_legs])
OverflowError: signed integer is greater than maximum
                          MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Options
                          ----------------
        complex_mass_scheme : False
    default_unset_couplings : 99 (user set)
                      gauge : unitary
         group_subprocesses : Auto
  ignore_six_quark_processes : False
           loop_color_flows : False
      loop_optimized_output : True
  low_mem_multicore_nlo_generation : False
     max_npoint_for_channel : 0 (user set)
               stdout_level : 20 (user set)

                         MadEvent Options
                          ----------------
     automatic_html_opening : False (user set)
                    nb_core : 4 (user set)
        notification_center : True
                   run_mode : 2

                      Configuration Options
                      ---------------------
                        OLP : MadLoop
                    amcfast : amcfast-config
                   applgrid : applgrid-config
                auto_update : 7 (user set)
         cluster_local_path : None
           cluster_nb_retry : 1
              cluster_queue : None (user set)
         cluster_retry_wait : 300
               cluster_size : 100
      cluster_status_update : (600, 30)
          cluster_temp_path : None
               cluster_type : condor
                    collier : ./HEPTools/lib
               cpp_compiler : None
             crash_on_error : False
               delphes_path :
/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/Delphes (user set)
                 eps_viewer : None
        exrootanalysis_path : None (user set)
              f2py_compiler : None
                    fastjet : None (user set)
           fortran_compiler : None
                      golem : None (user set)
                 hepmc_path : None (user set)
                  hwpp_path : None (user set)
                     lhapdf : lhapdf-config
          madanalysis5_path :
/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/HEPTools/madanalysis5/madanalysis5
(user set)
           madanalysis_path : None (user set)
  mg5amc_py8_interface_path : None (user set)
                      ninja : ./HEPTools/lib
        output_dependencies : external
                      pjfry : None (user set)
            pythia-pgs_path :
/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/pythia-pgs (user set)
               pythia8_path : None (user set)
                    samurai : None
               syscalc_path : None (user set)
                    td_path : None (user set)
                text_editor : None
                thepeg_path : None (user set)
                    timeout : 60
                web_browser : None

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 8:20 PM Olivier Mattelaer <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #691744 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Olivier Mattelaer proposed the following answer:
> So yes this seems to be some issue with the color handling of the model,
> likely related to the error:
> WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
> WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
> WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
> WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
> WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
> WARNING: Property color cannot be changed:Color -3 is not valid
>
> that I pointed before.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Olivier
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744/+confirm?answer_id=7
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Revision history for this message
Olivier Mattelaer (olivier-mattelaer) said :
#10

Never seen that before,

it sounds like the mathematical object that we use can not handle one value because the memory allocation is too small for the representation of an integer.
What is the highest PDG code do you have define in your model? if you have a pdg code higher than 2**32-1 then this is indeed problematic for MG5aMC.

in python you can see that the following line works:
array.array('i', [2**i-1 for i in range(32)])
but this one does not
array.array('i', [2**i for i in range(32)])
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
OverflowError: signed integer is greater than maximum

Cheers,

Olivier

Revision history for this message
SB (sb-physics) said :
#11

Yes. It worked. Thanks for your help. Now it's not generating those
previous kinds of errors but while calculating decay width, result is like,

Using default text editor "vi". Set another one in
./input/mg5_configuration.txt
set automatic_html_opening False --no_save
compute_widths 25 --precision_channel=0.01 --body_decay=4.0025
--path=/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/PROC_32121LR_UFO_1/Cards/param_card.dat
--output=/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/PROC_32121LR_UFO_1/Cards/param_card.dat
Please note that the automatic computation of the width is
    only valid in narrow-width approximation and at tree-level.
INFO: get decay diagram for hh1
Vertexlist of this model has not been searched.Automatically run the
model.find_vertexlist()
Found 4 stable particles
INFO: current estimated error: 1.0 go to 4-body decay:
100 / 7475: 94s
200 / 7475: 291s
300 / 7475: 547s
400 / 7475: 951s
500 / 7475: 1392s

*And so on.....*
Here I have generated, Higgs -> z z. But I have checked, the same is
occurring for other two body decays also.

Thanks in Advance.
SB

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 4:30 AM Olivier Mattelaer <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #691744 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Olivier Mattelaer proposed the following answer:
> Never seen that before,
>
> it sounds like the mathematical object that we use can not handle one
> value because the memory allocation is too small for the representation of
> an integer.
> What is the highest PDG code do you have define in your model? if you have
> a pdg code higher than 2**32-1 then this is indeed problematic for MG5aMC.
>
>
> in python you can see that the following line works:
> array.array('i', [2**i-1 for i in range(32)])
> but this one does not
> array.array('i', [2**i for i in range(32)])
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> OverflowError: signed integer is greater than maximum
>
> Cheers,
>
> Olivier
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744/+confirm?answer_id=9
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Revision history for this message
Olivier Mattelaer (olivier-mattelaer) said :
#12

Hi,

This sounds working as expected. Looks like your model need to include four body decay to have a reasonably accurate value of the total width. Going that deep for the computation of the width is quite slow (even for the generation of the diagram to integrate).

>Here I have generated, Higgs -> z z. But I have checked, the same is
occurring for other two body decays also.

The "Auto" width does not depend of the process that you ask for (since this mode computes the total width). So obviously you can ask generate p p > t t~ or any othere process, this will not modify the computation of the total width.

Cheers,

Olivier

PS: Note that the auto-width does not include loop-induced decay (this is relevant for the Higgs if your model does not include loop-contracted vertex for ggh.

PPS: If you Higgs is 125 GeV and the Z at 90 GeV, the process Higgs > Z Z is impossible as a two body decay due to mass constraint, this occurs via a three body decay.

Revision history for this message
SB (sb-physics) said :
#13

Many thanks for your help. But this thing is still occurring for the
process p p > t t~ . I have tried several processes. It is generating
numerical values of cross sections for different processes but not decay
width. For p p > t t~ process,

Using default text editor "vi". Set another one in
./input/mg5_configuration.txt
set automatic_html_opening False --no_save
compute_widths 1 2 3 4 --precision_channel=0.01 --body_decay=4.0025
--path=/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/PROC_32121LR_UFO_2/Cards/param_card.dat
--output=/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/PROC_32121LR_UFO_2/Cards/param_card.dat
Please note that the automatic computation of the width is
    only valid in narrow-width approximation and at tree-level.
INFO: get decay diagram for d
Vertexlist of this model has not been searched.Automatically run the
model.find_vertexlist()
Found 3 stable particles
WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 1
decay into colored particle will be removed.
WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 1
decay into colored particle will be removed.
WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 1
decay into colored particle will be removed.
WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 1
decay into colored particle will be removed.
INFO: get decay diagram for u
The amplitudes of 2 for final particle number 2 do not exist
INFO: get decay diagram for s
INFO: current estimated error: 1.0 go to 4-body decay:
WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 3
decay into colored particle will be removed.
WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 3
decay into colored particle will be removed.
WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 3
decay into colored particle will be removed.
WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 3
decay into colored particle will be removed.
100 / 2491: 21s
WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 3
decay into colored particle will be removed.
WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 3
decay into colored particle will be removed.

and so on. It has no end.
For heavy Higgs to zz, These warnings are not there, but the program is
taking infinite time as I said in the previous email. I have tried to
figure out the problem but I could not understand the warnings and the
actual problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
SB

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 7:15 PM Olivier Mattelaer <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #691744 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Olivier Mattelaer proposed the following answer:
> Hi,
>
> This sounds working as expected. Looks like your model need to include
> four body decay to have a reasonably accurate value of the total width.
> Going that deep for the computation of the width is quite slow (even for
> the generation of the diagram to integrate).
>
> >Here I have generated, Higgs -> z z. But I have checked, the same is
> occurring for other two body decays also.
>
> The "Auto" width does not depend of the process that you ask for (since
> this mode computes the total width). So obviously you can ask generate p
> p > t t~ or any othere process, this will not modify the computation of
> the total width.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Olivier
>
> PS: Note that the auto-width does not include loop-induced decay (this
> is relevant for the Higgs if your model does not include loop-contracted
> vertex for ggh.
>
> PPS: If you Higgs is 125 GeV and the Z at 90 GeV, the process Higgs > Z
> Z is impossible as a two body decay due to mass constraint, this occurs
> via a three body decay.
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744/+confirm?answer_id=11
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Revision history for this message
Olivier Mattelaer (olivier-mattelaer) said :
#14

The issue is that you are in the non-perturbative regime.

I would advise to use this trick (or do the equivalent at the model generation time)
https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+faq/2312 <https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+faq/2312>
to set all the mass of light quark (and all the width) to zero.
(and the width of the bottom if you keep it massive)
You can consider to do the same for the electron/muon but this will be less relevant.

This will avoid all those warnings about "Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 1".
and will forbid the code to try to compute the width of light quark which is indeed non-sense to compute.

Cheers,

Olivier

> On 21 Aug 2020, at 23:15, SB <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Question #691744 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> SB is still having a problem:
> Many thanks for your help. But this thing is still occurring for the
> process p p > t t~ . I have tried several processes. It is generating
> numerical values of cross sections for different processes but not decay
> width. For p p > t t~ process,
>
> Using default text editor "vi". Set another one in
> ./input/mg5_configuration.txt
> set automatic_html_opening False --no_save
> compute_widths 1 2 3 4 --precision_channel=0.01 --body_decay=4.0025
> --path=/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/PROC_32121LR_UFO_2/Cards/param_card.dat
> --output=/home/sanchari/Sanchari/MG5_aMC_v2_6_6/PROC_32121LR_UFO_2/Cards/param_card.dat
> Please note that the automatic computation of the width is
> only valid in narrow-width approximation and at tree-level.
> INFO: get decay diagram for d
> Vertexlist of this model has not been searched.Automatically run the
> model.find_vertexlist()
> Found 3 stable particles
> WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 1
> decay into colored particle will be removed.
> WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 1
> decay into colored particle will be removed.
> WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 1
> decay into colored particle will be removed.
> WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 1
> decay into colored particle will be removed.
> INFO: get decay diagram for u
> The amplitudes of 2 for final particle number 2 do not exist
> INFO: get decay diagram for s
> INFO: current estimated error: 1.0 go to 4-body decay:
> WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 3
> decay into colored particle will be removed.
> WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 3
> decay into colored particle will be removed.
> WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 3
> decay into colored particle will be removed.
> WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 3
> decay into colored particle will be removed.
> 100 / 2491: 21s
> WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 3
> decay into colored particle will be removed.
> WARNING: Mass gap lower than pion mass for decay of 3
> decay into colored particle will be removed.
>
>
> and so on. It has no end.
> For heavy Higgs to zz, These warnings are not there, but the program is
> taking infinite time as I said in the previous email. I have tried to
> figure out the problem but I could not understand the warnings and the
> actual problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> SB
>
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 7:15 PM Olivier Mattelaer <
> <email address hidden>> wrote:
>
>> Your question #691744 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744
>>
>> Status: Open => Answered
>>
>> Olivier Mattelaer proposed the following answer:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This sounds working as expected. Looks like your model need to include
>> four body decay to have a reasonably accurate value of the total width.
>> Going that deep for the computation of the width is quite slow (even for
>> the generation of the diagram to integrate).
>>
>>> Here I have generated, Higgs -> z z. But I have checked, the same is
>> occurring for other two body decays also.
>>
>> The "Auto" width does not depend of the process that you ask for (since
>> this mode computes the total width). So obviously you can ask generate p
>> p > t t~ or any othere process, this will not modify the computation of
>> the total width.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Olivier
>>
>> PS: Note that the auto-width does not include loop-induced decay (this
>> is relevant for the Higgs if your model does not include loop-contracted
>> vertex for ggh.
>>
>> PPS: If you Higgs is 125 GeV and the Z at 90 GeV, the process Higgs > Z
>> Z is impossible as a two body decay due to mass constraint, this occurs
>> via a three body decay.
>>
>> --
>> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
>> know that it is solved:
>>
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744/+confirm?answer_id=11
>>
>> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
>> following page to enter your feedback:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691744
>>
>> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>>
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask SB for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.