Error in low energy dm annihilation process

Asked by Anne-Katherine on 2020-06-02

Hello,

I am trying to generate the annihilation process xr xr -> d d~ and am getting the output "Zero results detected" for beam energies < 20 MeV. I have a set a high off shell tolerance (bwcutoff = 1e+12) and in my model file I have tried xr masses from .01 - 10 MeV and mediator masses from 1 - 10,000 MeV.

This process works for a beam energy of 20.1 MeV, so clearly there is some kind of limit at 20 but I'm not sure where this limit is coming from. Furthermore, I have successfully generated low energy (>20 MeV) processes for xr xr -> b b~.

Finally, I have tried generating the same process in MadDM and have gotten the exact same effect.

Any thoughts or advice would be very much appreciated!

Thank you,
Anne-Katherine Burns
UC Irvine

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2020-07-03
Last reply:
2020-07-10

Hi,

cross-section should be zero below approximatively 100MeV no?

in any case, you are not in a perturbative regime at such energy and can not trust the theory at such energy.

Cheers,

Olivier

> On 2 Jun 2020, at 19:05, Anne-Katherine <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> New question #691095 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691095
>
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to generate the annihilation process xr xr -> d d~ and am getting the output "Zero results detected" for beam energies < 20 MeV. I have a set a high off shell tolerance (bwcutoff = 1e+12) and in my model file I have tried xr masses from .01 - 10 MeV and mediator masses from 1 - 10,000 MeV.
>
> This process works for a beam energy of 20.1 MeV, so clearly there is some kind of limit at 20 but I'm not sure where this limit is coming from. Furthermore, I have successfully generated low energy (>20 MeV) processes for xr xr -> b b~.
>
> Finally, I have tried generating the same process in MadDM and have gotten the exact same effect.
>
> Any thoughts or advice would be very much appreciated!
>
> Thank you,
> Anne-Katherine Burns
> UC Irvine
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.

Anne-Katherine (akburns) said : #2

Hi Oliver,

I'm sorry, 20 MeV was a typo. I meant 20 GeV.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

Best,
Anne-Katherine

I guess you can then reformulate the full question to be sure what is in GeV and what is in MeV.

You will likely need to give more details on the computations such that I can try to reproduce it.
(model, the benchmark returning 0 cross-section, the run_card,...)

However, assuming all MeV changed to GeV, you have at least one case where the cross-section should be zero since you will have two xr at rest and therefore not interacting.

Cheers,

Olivier

> On 2 Jun 2020, at 20:25, Anne-Katherine <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Question #691095 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691095
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> Anne-Katherine is still having a problem:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> I'm sorry, 20 MeV was a typo. I meant 20 GeV.
>
> Thank you for getting back to me so quickly!
>
> Best,
> Anne-Katherine
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.

Anne-Katherine (akburns) said : #4

Hi Oliver,

Here is my original question reformulated:

I am trying to generate the annihilation process xr xr -> d d~ and am getting the output "Zero results detected" for beam energies < 20 GeV. I have a set a high off shell tolerance (bwcutoff = 1e+12) and in my model file I have tried xr masses from .01 - 10 GeV and mediator masses from 1 - 10,000 GeV.

This process works for a beam energy of 20.1 GeV, so clearly there is some kind of limit at 20 but I'm not sure where this limit is coming from. Furthermore, I have successfully generated low energy (>20 GeV) processes for xr xr -> b b~.

Finally, I have tried generating the same process in MadDM and have gotten the exact same effect.

The following are excepts from my model file:

PARAMETERS

MXr = Parameter(name = 'MXr',
                nature = 'external',
                type = 'real',
                #value = 1.,
                value = 10,
                texname = '\\text{MXr}',
                lhablock = 'MASS',
                lhacode = [ 5000001 ])

MY0 = Parameter(name = 'MY0',
                nature = 'external',
                type = 'real',
                value = 10000.,
                texname = '\\text{MY0}',
                lhablock = 'MASS',
                lhacode = [ 54 ])

PARTICLES

Xr = Particle(pdg_code = 5000001,
              name = 'Xr',
              antiname = 'Xr',
              spin = 1,
              color = 1,
              mass = Param.MXr,
              width = Param.ZERO,
              texname = 'Xr',
              antitexname = 'Xr',
              charge = 0,
              GhostNumber = 0,
              LeptonNumber = 0,
              Y = 0)

Y0 = Particle(pdg_code = 54,
              name = 'Y0',
              antiname = 'Y0',
              spin = 1,
              color = 1,
              mass = Param.MY0,
              width = Param.WY0,
              texname = 'Y0',
              antitexname = 'Y0',
              charge = 0,
              GhostNumber = 0,
              LeptonNumber = 0,
              Y = 0)

Please let me know if you need the full model file.

Here is the run_card:

#*********************************************************************
# Maximum and minimum absolute rapidity (for max, -1 means no cut) *
#*********************************************************************
  -1.0 = etab ! max rap for the b
  0.0 = etabmin ! min rap for the b
  {} = eta_min_pdg ! rap cut for other particles (use pdg code). Applied on particle and anti-particle
  {} = eta_max_pdg ! rap cut for other particles (syntax e.g. {6: 2.5, 23: 5})
#*********************************************************************
# Minimum and maximum DeltaR distance *
#*********************************************************************
  0.0 = drbb ! min distance between b's
  -1.0 = drbbmax ! max distance between b's
#*********************************************************************
# Minimum and maximum invariant mass for pairs *
#*********************************************************************
  0.0 = mmbb ! min invariant mass of a b pair
  -1.0 = mmbbmax ! max invariant mass of a b pair
  {} = mxx_min_pdg ! min invariant mass of a pair of particles X/X~ (e.g. {6:250})
  {'default': False} = mxx_only_part_antipart ! if True the invariant mass is applied only
                       ! to pairs of particle/antiparticle and not to pairs of the same pdg codes.
#*********************************************************************
# Inclusive cuts *
#*********************************************************************
  0.0 = xptb ! minimum pt for at least one b
 #*********************************************************************
 # Control the Ht(k)=Sum of k leading jets *
 #*********************************************************************
  0.0 = ihtmin !inclusive Ht for all partons (including b)
  -1.0 = ihtmax !inclusive Ht for all partons (including b)
#*********************************************************************
# maximal pdg code for quark to be considered as a light jet *
# (otherwise b cuts are applied) *
#*********************************************************************
  4 = maxjetflavor ! Maximum jet pdg code
#*********************************************************************
#
#*********************************************************************
# Store info for systematics studies *
# WARNING: Do not use for interference type of computation *
#*********************************************************************
  False = use_syst ! Enable systematics studies
#
  systematics = systematics_program ! none, systematics [python], SysCalc [depreceted, C++]
['--mur=0.5,1,2', '--muf=0.5,1,2', '--pdf=errorset'] = systematics_arguments ! see: https://cp3.irmp.ucl.ac.be/projects/madgraph/wiki/Systematics#Systematicspythonmodule
# Syscalc is deprecated but to see the associate options type'update syscalc'#*********************************************************************
# Additional hidden parameters
#*********************************************************************
  ['--mur=0.5,1,2', '--muf=0.5,1,2', '--pdf=errorset'] = systematics_arguments # Choose the argment to pass to the systematics command. like --mur=0.25,1,4. Look at the help of the systematics function for more details.

This is the output for a beam energy of 10 GeV:

INFO: Update the dependent parameter of the param_card.dat
Generating 10000 events with run name run_01
survey run_01
INFO: compile directory
compile Source Directory
Using random number seed offset = 21
INFO: Running Survey
Creating Jobs
Working on SubProcesses
INFO: P1_xrxr_bbx
INFO: Idle: 1, Running: 0, Completed: 0 [ current time: 13h57 ]
Note: The following floating-point exceptions are signalling: IEEE_INVALID_FLAG IEEE_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO
INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 0, Completed: 1 [ 4s ]
INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 0, Completed: 1 [ 4s ]
INFO: End survey
refine 10000
Creating Jobs
INFO: Refine results to 10000
INFO: Generating 10000.0 unweighted events.
INFO: Effective Luminosity 1.2e+103 pb^-1
INFO: need to improve 0 channels
Survey return zero cross section.
   Typical reasons are the following:
   1) A massive s-channel particle has a width set to zero.
   2) The pdf are zero for at least one of the initial state particles
      or you are using maxjetflavor=4 for initial state b:s.
   3) The cuts are too strong.
   Please check/correct your param_card and/or your run_card.
Zero result detected: See https://cp3.irmp.ucl.ac.be/projects/madgraph/wiki/FAQ-General-14

Let me know if you need me to provide any more details!

Thank you again,
Anne-Katherine Burns

Anne-Katherine (akburns) said : #5

Note: the above outcome is for xr xr > b b~ but I get the same thing for xr xr > d d~.

What is the model that you use?
If have tried
DMsimp_s_spin0
and
DMsimp_s_spin1
and they do not have diagram for that process.

Cheers,

Olivier

> On 15 Jun 2020, at 23:01, Anne-Katherine <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Question #691095 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691095
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> Anne-Katherine is still having a problem:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> Here is my original question reformulated:
>
> I am trying to generate the annihilation process xr xr -> d d~ and am
> getting the output "Zero results detected" for beam energies < 20 GeV. I
> have a set a high off shell tolerance (bwcutoff = 1e+12) and in my model
> file I have tried xr masses from .01 - 10 GeV and mediator masses from 1
> - 10,000 GeV.
>
> This process works for a beam energy of 20.1 GeV, so clearly there is
> some kind of limit at 20 but I'm not sure where this limit is coming
> from. Furthermore, I have successfully generated low energy (>20 GeV)
> processes for xr xr -> b b~.
>
> Finally, I have tried generating the same process in MadDM and have
> gotten the exact same effect.
>
> The following are excepts from my model file:
>
> PARAMETERS
>
> MXr = Parameter(name = 'MXr',
> nature = 'external',
> type = 'real',
> #value = 1.,
> value = 10,
> texname = '\\text{MXr}',
> lhablock = 'MASS',
> lhacode = [ 5000001 ])
>
>
> MY0 = Parameter(name = 'MY0',
> nature = 'external',
> type = 'real',
> value = 10000.,
> texname = '\\text{MY0}',
> lhablock = 'MASS',
> lhacode = [ 54 ])
>
> PARTICLES
>
> Xr = Particle(pdg_code = 5000001,
> name = 'Xr',
> antiname = 'Xr',
> spin = 1,
> color = 1,
> mass = Param.MXr,
> width = Param.ZERO,
> texname = 'Xr',
> antitexname = 'Xr',
> charge = 0,
> GhostNumber = 0,
> LeptonNumber = 0,
> Y = 0)
>
> Y0 = Particle(pdg_code = 54,
> name = 'Y0',
> antiname = 'Y0',
> spin = 1,
> color = 1,
> mass = Param.MY0,
> width = Param.WY0,
> texname = 'Y0',
> antitexname = 'Y0',
> charge = 0,
> GhostNumber = 0,
> LeptonNumber = 0,
> Y = 0)
>
> Please let me know if you need the full model file.
>
> Here is the run_card:
>
> #*********************************************************************
> # Maximum and minimum absolute rapidity (for max, -1 means no cut) *
> #*********************************************************************
> -1.0 = etab ! max rap for the b
> 0.0 = etabmin ! min rap for the b
> {} = eta_min_pdg ! rap cut for other particles (use pdg code). Applied on particle and anti-particle
> {} = eta_max_pdg ! rap cut for other particles (syntax e.g. {6: 2.5, 23: 5})
> #*********************************************************************
> # Minimum and maximum DeltaR distance *
> #*********************************************************************
> 0.0 = drbb ! min distance between b's
> -1.0 = drbbmax ! max distance between b's
> #*********************************************************************
> # Minimum and maximum invariant mass for pairs *
> #*********************************************************************
> 0.0 = mmbb ! min invariant mass of a b pair
> -1.0 = mmbbmax ! max invariant mass of a b pair
> {} = mxx_min_pdg ! min invariant mass of a pair of particles X/X~ (e.g. {6:250})
> {'default': False} = mxx_only_part_antipart ! if True the invariant mass is applied only
> ! to pairs of particle/antiparticle and not to pairs of the same pdg codes.
> #*********************************************************************
> # Inclusive cuts *
> #*********************************************************************
> 0.0 = xptb ! minimum pt for at least one b
> #*********************************************************************
> # Control the Ht(k)=Sum of k leading jets *
> #*********************************************************************
> 0.0 = ihtmin !inclusive Ht for all partons (including b)
> -1.0 = ihtmax !inclusive Ht for all partons (including b)
> #*********************************************************************
> # maximal pdg code for quark to be considered as a light jet *
> # (otherwise b cuts are applied) *
> #*********************************************************************
> 4 = maxjetflavor ! Maximum jet pdg code
> #*********************************************************************
> #
> #*********************************************************************
> # Store info for systematics studies *
> # WARNING: Do not use for interference type of computation *
> #*********************************************************************
> False = use_syst ! Enable systematics studies
> #
> systematics = systematics_program ! none, systematics [python], SysCalc [depreceted, C++]
> ['--mur=0.5,1,2', '--muf=0.5,1,2', '--pdf=errorset'] = systematics_arguments ! see: https://cp3.irmp.ucl.ac.be/projects/madgraph/wiki/Systematics#Systematicspythonmodule
> # Syscalc is deprecated but to see the associate options type'update syscalc'#*********************************************************************
> # Additional hidden parameters
> #*********************************************************************
> ['--mur=0.5,1,2', '--muf=0.5,1,2', '--pdf=errorset'] = systematics_arguments # Choose the argment to pass to the systematics command. like --mur=0.25,1,4. Look at the help of the systematics function for more details.
>
> This is the output for a beam energy of 10 GeV:
>
> INFO: Update the dependent parameter of the param_card.dat
> Generating 10000 events with run name run_01
> survey run_01
> INFO: compile directory
> compile Source Directory
> Using random number seed offset = 21
> INFO: Running Survey
> Creating Jobs
> Working on SubProcesses
> INFO: P1_xrxr_bbx
> INFO: Idle: 1, Running: 0, Completed: 0 [ current time: 13h57 ]
> Note: The following floating-point exceptions are signalling: IEEE_INVALID_FLAG IEEE_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO
> INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 0, Completed: 1 [ 4s ]
> INFO: Idle: 0, Running: 0, Completed: 1 [ 4s ]
> INFO: End survey
> refine 10000
> Creating Jobs
> INFO: Refine results to 10000
> INFO: Generating 10000.0 unweighted events.
> INFO: Effective Luminosity 1.2e+103 pb^-1
> INFO: need to improve 0 channels
> Survey return zero cross section.
> Typical reasons are the following:
> 1) A massive s-channel particle has a width set to zero.
> 2) The pdf are zero for at least one of the initial state particles
> or you are using maxjetflavor=4 for initial state b:s.
> 3) The cuts are too strong.
> Please check/correct your param_card and/or your run_card.
> Zero result detected: See https://cp3.irmp.ucl.ac.be/projects/madgraph/wiki/FAQ-General-14
>
> Let me know if you need me to provide any more details!
>
> Thank you again,
> Anne-Katherine Burns
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.

Anne-Katherine (akburns) said : #7

Hi Oliver,

I am using DMsimp_s_spin0 execpt the coupling between the mediator (Y0) and DM particle (Xr) is set to 1 rather than 0:

gSXr = Parameter(name = 'gSXr',
                 nature = 'external',
                 type = 'real',
                 value = 1.,
                 texname = 'g_{\\text{SXr}}',
                 lhablock = 'DMINPUTS',
                 lhacode = [ 1 ])

Thank you again,
Anne-Katherine

Anne-Katherine (akburns) said : #8

Oops, apologies, my laptop corrected Olivier to Oliver.

Hi,

Can you send me your UFO model?

When I used that model, I have:

"generate xr xr > b b~" with error:
NoDiagramException : No amplitudes generated from process Process: xr xr > b b~ DMS=2 WEIGHTED=12 @1. Please enter a valid process
Please report this bug on https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo

At that stage the value of the parameter are not yet evaluated so changing a parameter from 1 to 0 (or the opposite) do not change anything. You can see in the log below, that I start from downloading that model from our database to be sure that I was using a clean version.

[2.7.4]$ ./bin/mg5 cmd_dm
Warning: The script ./bin/mg5 will be removed in future versions; use ./bin/mg5_aMC instead.
Running MG5 in debug mode
************************************************************
* *
* W E L C O M E to *
* M A D G R A P H 5 _ a M C @ N L O *
* *
* *
* * * *
* * * * * *
* * * * * 5 * * * * *
* * * * * *
* * * *
* *
* VERSION 2.7.3 2020-06-21 *
* BZR 2.7.4 289 *
* *
* The MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Development Team - Find us at *
* https://server06.fynu.ucl.ac.be/projects/madgraph *
* and *
* http://amcatnlo.web.cern.ch/amcatnlo/ *
* *
* Type 'help' for in-line help. *
* Type 'tutorial' to learn how MG5 works *
* Type 'tutorial aMCatNLO' to learn how aMC@NLO works *
* Type 'tutorial MadLoop' to learn how MadLoop works *
* *
************************************************************
load MG5 configuration from /Users/omattelaer/.mg5/mg5_configuration.txt
load MG5 configuration from input/mg5_configuration.txt
set collier to /Users/omattelaer/Documents/HEPTools/lib
None does not seem to correspond to a valid fastjet-config executable (v3+). We will use fjcore instead.
 Please set the 'fastjet'variable to the full (absolute) /PATH/TO/fastjet-config (including fastjet-config).
 MG5_aMC> set fastjet /PATH/TO/fastjet-config

set lhapdf to /Users/omattelaer/Documents/HEPTools/lhapdf6/bin/lhapdf-config
set ninja to /Users/omattelaer/Documents/HEPTools/lib

    The current version of MG5_aMC (v2.7.3) is different than the one active when
    installing the 'mg5amc_py8_interface_path' (which was MG5aMC v2.7.2).
    Please consider refreshing the installation of this interface with the command:
     MG5_aMC>install mg5amc_py8_interface

WARNING: launching caffeinate to prevent idle sleep when MG5aMC is running. Run './bin/mg5_aMC -s' to prevent this.
import /Users/omattelaer/Documents/workspace/2.7.4/cmd_dm
The import format was not given, so we guess it as command
import model DMsimp_s_spin0-full
INFO: download model from http://feynrules.irmp.ucl.ac.be/raw-attachment/wiki/DMsimp/DMsimp_s_spin0.zip to the following directory: /Users/omattelaer/Documents/workspace/2.7.4/models
  % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
                                 Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 28044 100 28044 0 0 81760 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 81523
Archive: tmp.tgz
   creating: DMsimp_s_spin0/
  inflating: DMsimp_s_spin0/__init__.py
  inflating: DMsimp_s_spin0/coupling_orders.py
  inflating: DMsimp_s_spin0/couplings.py
  inflating: DMsimp_s_spin0/CT_couplings.py
  inflating: DMsimp_s_spin0/CT_vertices.py
  inflating: DMsimp_s_spin0/decays.py
  inflating: DMsimp_s_spin0/DMsimp_s_spin0_UFO.log
  inflating: DMsimp_s_spin0/function_library.py
  inflating: DMsimp_s_spin0/lorentz.py
  inflating: DMsimp_s_spin0/object_library.py
  inflating: DMsimp_s_spin0/parameters.py
  inflating: DMsimp_s_spin0/particles.py
  inflating: DMsimp_s_spin0/propagators.py
  inflating: DMsimp_s_spin0/vertices.py
  inflating: DMsimp_s_spin0/write_param_card.py
INFO: load particles
INFO: load vertices
DEBUG: MG5 converter defines VVVV11 to Metric(1,4)*Metric(2,3) + Metric(1,3)*Metric(2,4) + Metric(1,2)*Metric(3,4)
DEBUG: MG5 converter defines VVVV12 to Metric(1,4)*Metric(2,3) + Metric(1,3)*Metric(2,4)
DEBUG: MG5 converter defines VVVV13 to Metric(1,4)*Metric(2,3) + Metric(1,2)*Metric(3,4)
DEBUG: MG5 converter defines FF6 to ProjM(2,1) + ProjP(2,1)
DEBUG: MG5 converter defines FF7 to P(-1,1)*Gamma(-1,2,-2)*ProjM(-2,1) + P(-1,1)*Gamma(-1,2,-2)*ProjP(-2,1)
DEBUG: MG5 converter defines FFV6 to Gamma(3,2,-1)*ProjM(-1,1) + Gamma(3,2,-1)*ProjP(-1,1)
DEBUG: model prefixing takes 0.0193250179291
INFO: Change particles name to pass to MG5 convention
Defined multiparticle p = g u c d s u~ c~ d~ s~
Defined multiparticle j = g u c d s u~ c~ d~ s~
Defined multiparticle l+ = e+ mu+
Defined multiparticle l- = e- mu-
Defined multiparticle vl = ve vm vt
Defined multiparticle vl~ = ve~ vm~ vt~
Pass the definition of 'j' and 'p' to 5 flavour scheme.
Defined multiparticle all = g ghg ghg~ u c d s b u~ c~ d~ s~ b~ a gha gha~ ve vm vt e- mu- ve~ vm~ vt~ e+ mu+ t t~ z w+ ghz ghwp ghwm h xr xc y0 w- ghz~ ghwp~ ghwm~ xc~ ta- xd ta+ xd~
generate xr xr > b b~
INFO: Checking for minimal orders which gives processes.
INFO: Please specify coupling orders to bypass this step.
INFO: Trying coupling order WEIGHTED<=4: WEIGTHED IS 2*DMS+2*QED+QCD
INFO: Trying coupling order WEIGHTED<=5: WEIGTHED IS 2*DMS+2*QED+QCD
INFO: Trying coupling order WEIGHTED<=6: WEIGTHED IS 2*DMS+2*QED+QCD
INFO: Trying coupling order WEIGHTED<=7: WEIGTHED IS 2*DMS+2*QED+QCD
INFO: Trying coupling order WEIGHTED<=8: WEIGTHED IS 2*DMS+2*QED+QCD
INFO: Trying coupling order WEIGHTED<=9: WEIGTHED IS 2*DMS+2*QED+QCD
INFO: Trying coupling order WEIGHTED<=10: WEIGTHED IS 2*DMS+2*QED+QCD
INFO: Trying coupling order WEIGHTED<=11: WEIGTHED IS 2*DMS+2*QED+QCD
INFO: Trying process: xr xr > b b~ DMS<=2 WEIGHTED<=12 @1
Command "import /Users/omattelaer/Documents/workspace/2.7.4/cmd_dm" interrupted in sub-command:
"generate xr xr > b b~" with error:
NoDiagramException : No amplitudes generated from process Process: xr xr > b b~ DMS=2 WEIGHTED=12 @1. Please enter a valid process
Please report this bug on https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo
More information is found in 'MG5_debug'.
Please attach this file to your report.
command not executed: output
command not executed: launch
command not executed: set gSXr 1

HI,

Thanks for the model,

I do not have any issue at 20GeV

import model XXY
generate xr xr > b b~
output
launch
set gSXr 1
set ebeam 10
set mxr 1

but also

import model XXY
generate xr xr > b b~
output
launch
set gSXr 1
set ebeam 5
set mxr 1

The only one obviously crashing (as it should and as explained above) is

import model XXY
generate xr xr > b b~
output
launch
set gSXr 1
set ebeam 10
set mxr 10

Cheers,

Olivier

Anne-Katherine (akburns) said : #11

Hi Olivier,

That worked! Thank you again for your help.

Best,
Anne-Katherine

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 12:36 PM Olivier Mattelaer <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #691095 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691095
>
> Olivier Mattelaer proposed the following answer:
> HI,
>
> Thanks for the model,
>
> I do not have any issue at 20GeV
>
> import model XXY
> generate xr xr > b b~
> output
> launch
> set gSXr 1
> set ebeam 10
> set mxr 1
>
> but also
>
> import model XXY
> generate xr xr > b b~
> output
> launch
> set gSXr 1
> set ebeam 5
> set mxr 1
>
> The only one obviously crashing (as it should and as explained above) is
>
> import model XXY
> generate xr xr > b b~
> output
> launch
> set gSXr 1
> set ebeam 10
> set mxr 10
>
> Cheers,
>
> Olivier
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691095/+confirm?answer_id=9
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691095
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pronouns: she/her/hers. Some people identify with or use pronouns that may
not be obvious based on their appearance. By stating mine clearly I hope to
encourage others to share theirs. Please help make our culture more
inclusive, safe, and comfortable for everyone.

Anne-Katherine (akburns) said : #12

Hello Olivier,

I'm sorry to come back again, but while what you sent above worked for b
quarks, it did not work for xr xr > d d~. My advisor and I are stumped as
to why this could be.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you,
Anne-Katherine

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 10:59 AM Anne-Katherine Burns <email address hidden>
wrote:

> Hi Olivier,
>
> That worked! Thank you again for your help.
>
> Best,
> Anne-Katherine
>
> On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 12:36 PM Olivier Mattelaer <
> <email address hidden>> wrote:
>
>> Your question #691095 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691095
>>
>> Olivier Mattelaer proposed the following answer:
>> HI,
>>
>> Thanks for the model,
>>
>> I do not have any issue at 20GeV
>>
>> import model XXY
>> generate xr xr > b b~
>> output
>> launch
>> set gSXr 1
>> set ebeam 10
>> set mxr 1
>>
>> but also
>>
>> import model XXY
>> generate xr xr > b b~
>> output
>> launch
>> set gSXr 1
>> set ebeam 5
>> set mxr 1
>>
>> The only one obviously crashing (as it should and as explained above) is
>>
>> import model XXY
>> generate xr xr > b b~
>> output
>> launch
>> set gSXr 1
>> set ebeam 10
>> set mxr 10
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Olivier
>>
>> --
>> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
>> know that it is solved:
>>
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691095/+confirm?answer_id=9
>>
>> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
>> following page to enter your feedback:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691095
>>
>> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>>
>
>
> --
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Pronouns: she/her/hers. Some people identify with or use pronouns that may
> not be obvious based on their appearance. By stating mine clearly I hope to
> encourage others to share theirs. Please help make our culture more
> inclusive, safe, and comfortable for everyone.
>

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pronouns: she/her/hers. Some people identify with or use pronouns that may
not be obvious based on their appearance. By stating mine clearly I hope to
encourage others to share theirs. Please help make our culture more
inclusive, safe, and comfortable for everyone.

Did you remove the default cut on the jet? in the run_card?
This works perfectly for me:

> import model XXY
> generate xr xr > d d~
> output
> launch
> set gSXr 1
> set ebeam 5
> set mxr 1
> set no_parton_cut

Cheers,

Olivier

> On 30 Jun 2020, at 19:45, Anne-Katherine <email address hidden> wrote:
>
>>> import model XXY
>>> generate xr xr > b b~
>>> output
>>> launch
>>> set gSXr 1
>>> set ebeam 10
>>> set mxr 1

Anne-Katherine (akburns) said : #14

That worked! Thank you again!

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 11:56 PM Olivier Mattelaer <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #691095 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691095
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Olivier Mattelaer proposed the following answer:
> Did you remove the default cut on the jet? in the run_card?
> This works perfectly for me:
>
> > import model XXY
> > generate xr xr > d d~
> > output
> > launch
> > set gSXr 1
> > set ebeam 5
> > set mxr 1
> > set no_parton_cut
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Olivier
>
> > On 30 Jun 2020, at 19:45, Anne-Katherine <
> <email address hidden>> wrote:
> >
> >>> import model XXY
> >>> generate xr xr > b b~
> >>> output
> >>> launch
> >>> set gSXr 1
> >>> set ebeam 10
> >>> set mxr 1
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691095/+confirm?answer_id=12
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/691095
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pronouns: she/her/hers. Some people identify with or use pronouns that may
not be obvious based on their appearance. By stating mine clearly I hope to
encourage others to share theirs. Please help make our culture more
inclusive, safe, and comfortable for everyone.

change status