RPVMSSM model run returns emepty HEPMC file

Asked by Imran Alkhatib on 2019-07-12

I'm new to MadGraph and Pythia and I ran into an issue with the RPVMSSM model. I generated p p > su1 su1~ in MadGraph and used Pythia8 for showering. I've tried many different models and every other one seemed to work fine. The program returns an empty hepmc file. When I go to a specific run and execute ./run_shower.sh, I get the following (I tried 10 events), any help would be appreciated:

 -------- End LHA initialization information --------
PYTHIA Error in Pythia::check: unknown particle code , i = 986, id = -1000304
PYTHIA Error in Pythia::check: charge not conserved
PYTHIA Error in Pythia::next: check of event revealed problems
PYTHIA Abort from Pythia::next: parton+hadronLevel failed; giving up
PYTHIA Error in BeamRemnants::checkColours: q/qbar/g has wrong colour slots set
PYTHIA Warning in BeamRemnants::add: colour tracing failed; will try again
PYTHIA Error in BeamRemnants::add: colour tracing failed after several attempts
PYTHIA Warning in StringFragmentation::fragmentToJunction: bad convergence junction rest frame

............

*------- PYTHIA Error and Warning Messages Statistics ----------------------------------------------------------*
 | |
 | times message |
 | |
 | 10 Abort from Pythia::next: parton+hadronLevel failed; giving up |
 | 1 Error in BeamRemnants::add: colour tracing failed after several attempts |
 | 10 Error in BeamRemnants::checkColours: q/qbar/g has wrong colour slots set |
 | 83 Error in Pythia::check: charge not conserved |
 | 100 Error in Pythia::check: unknown particle code |
 | 100 Error in Pythia::next: check of event revealed problems |
 | 2 Info from SLHAinterface::initSLHA: No MODSEL found, keeping internal SUSY switched off |
 | 2 Info from SLHAinterface::initSLHA: importing MASS entries |
 | 10 Warning in BeamRemnants::add: colour tracing failed; will try again |
 | 2 Warning in SLHAinterface::initSLHA: ignoring DECAY tables |
 | 2 Warning in SLHAinterface::initSLHA: ignoring MASS entries |
 | 62 Warning in SLHAinterface::initSLHA: ignoring QNUMBERS |
 | 2 Warning in SLHAinterface::initSLHA: ignoring empty DECAY tables |
 | 1 Warning in StringFragmentation::fragmentToJunction: bad convergence junction rest frame |
 | |
 *------- End PYTHIA Error and Warning Messages Statistics ------------------------------------------------------*

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Edit question
Assignee:
Benjamin Fuks Edit question
Solved by:
Imran Alkhatib
Solved:
2019-07-26
Last query:
2019-07-26
Last reply:
2019-07-25

Hi,

This sounds like your model wrongly defined what is the color of the quark/anti-quark.
Your model is not in our database of model:
MG5_aMC>import model RPVMSSM
DEBUG: no model with that name (RPVMSSM) found online
So I can not check.

However, this remind me another thread where the issue was the same and the culprint was on the model.
So I would suggest to contact the authors of that model (if this is the same model, the authors should have a fix already in place).

Cheers,

Olivier

> On 12 Jul 2019, at 06:12, Imran Alkhatib <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> New question #681981 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/681981
>
> I'm new to MadGraph and Pythia and I ran into an issue with the RPVMSSM model. I generated p p > su1 su1~ in MadGraph and used Pythia8 for showering. I've tried many different models and every other one seemed to work fine. The program returns an empty hepmc file. When I go to a specific run and execute ./run_shower.sh, I get the following (I tried 10 events), any help would be appreciated:
>
>
> -------- End LHA initialization information --------
> PYTHIA Error in Pythia::check: unknown particle code , i = 986, id = -1000304
> PYTHIA Error in Pythia::check: charge not conserved
> PYTHIA Error in Pythia::next: check of event revealed problems
> PYTHIA Abort from Pythia::next: parton+hadronLevel failed; giving up
> PYTHIA Error in BeamRemnants::checkColours: q/qbar/g has wrong colour slots set
> PYTHIA Warning in BeamRemnants::add: colour tracing failed; will try again
> PYTHIA Error in BeamRemnants::add: colour tracing failed after several attempts
> PYTHIA Warning in StringFragmentation::fragmentToJunction: bad convergence junction rest frame
>
>
> ............
>
>
> *------- PYTHIA Error and Warning Messages Statistics ----------------------------------------------------------*
> | |
> | times message |
> | |
> | 10 Abort from Pythia::next: parton+hadronLevel failed; giving up |
> | 1 Error in BeamRemnants::add: colour tracing failed after several attempts |
> | 10 Error in BeamRemnants::checkColours: q/qbar/g has wrong colour slots set |
> | 83 Error in Pythia::check: charge not conserved |
> | 100 Error in Pythia::check: unknown particle code |
> | 100 Error in Pythia::next: check of event revealed problems |
> | 2 Info from SLHAinterface::initSLHA: No MODSEL found, keeping internal SUSY switched off |
> | 2 Info from SLHAinterface::initSLHA: importing MASS entries |
> | 10 Warning in BeamRemnants::add: colour tracing failed; will try again |
> | 2 Warning in SLHAinterface::initSLHA: ignoring DECAY tables |
> | 2 Warning in SLHAinterface::initSLHA: ignoring MASS entries |
> | 62 Warning in SLHAinterface::initSLHA: ignoring QNUMBERS |
> | 2 Warning in SLHAinterface::initSLHA: ignoring empty DECAY tables |
> | 1 Warning in StringFragmentation::fragmentToJunction: bad convergence junction rest frame |
> | |
> *------- End PYTHIA Error and Warning Messages Statistics ------------------------------------------------------*
>
>
>
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.

Imran Alkhatib (ialkhatib) said : #2

Hey Olivier,

I think it's RPVMSSM_UFO. Is that in your database of models?

-Imran

Yes indeed that one I can download.

So please contact the author of the model (Benjamin Fuks)

Cheers,

Olivier

> On 16 Jul 2019, at 12:53, Imran Alkhatib <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Question #681981 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/681981
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> Imran Alkhatib is still having a problem:
> Hey Olivier,
>
> I think it's RPVMSSM_UFO. Is that in your database of models?
>
> -Imran
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.

Benjamin Fuks (fuks) said : #4

Hi,

The model has never been tested with Pythia 8 (at that time, Pythia 6 was the standard). I think that the issue is related to the the epsilon structure in colour space and the way Pythia 8 handles it. As a first check, you could generate an LHE event file with 10 events and try to run Pythia 8 on it, externally to MG5_aMC. If it fails, then you should probably contact the Pythia authors. If it works, then the issue lies at the level of the MadGraph-Pythia interface.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Hi Benj,

This is not a py8 issue at all, the problem is related to the fact that FR does not have a simple way to distinguish between 3 and 3 bar representation. This leads your model to have the quark in the 3 bar representation and pythia complains about that,

I believe that you would get the same issue for p p > t t~ in this model.

Cheers,

Olivier

Benjamin Fuks (fuks) said : #6

That is odd since I though the structure of the epsilon was making it clear. For instance, in the monotop NLO model (1811.03626) we actually managed to do it (with pythia 8). Probably regenerating a fresh UFO (the one on the FR webpge is really old), with 4 scalar interactions removed and restrictions to reduce the number of freedom, could be the test level 0 then.

Cheers,

Benj

> On 16 Jul 2019, at 23:16 , Olivier Mattelaer <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Question #681981 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/681981
>
> Olivier Mattelaer proposed the following answer:
> Hi Benj,
>
> This is not a py8 issue at all, the problem is related to the fact that
> FR does not have a simple way to distinguish between 3 and 3 bar
> representation. This leads your model to have the quark in the 3 bar
> representation and pythia complains about that,
>
> I believe that you would get the same issue for p p > t t~ in this
> model.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Olivier
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are assigned to this
> question.

Imran Alkhatib (ialkhatib) said : #7

Hey Benjamin,

I tried standalone Pythia8 on the lhe file, and the same errors occurred.

Also:
p p > t t~ does work.

Is there a consensus on what could be going wrong?

Thanks,
Imran

Benjamin Fuks (fuks) said : #8

Hi,

Can you please generate an LHE file with 1 event and share it here, so that I could check whether the color structure is correct.

Cheers,

Benjamin

> On 19 Jul 2019, at 04:52 , Imran Alkhatib <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Question #681981 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/681981
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> Imran Alkhatib is still having a problem:
> Hey Benjamin,
>
> I tried standalone Pythia8 on the lhe file, and the same errors
> occurred.
>
> Also:
> p p > t t~ does work.
>
> Is there a consensus on what could be going wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Imran
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are assigned to this
> question.

Hi,

Here is one event:
<event>
 4 1 +2.7718461e-01 3.60695900e+02 7.81653100e-03 1.05830900e-01
        2 -1 0 0 502 0 +0.0000000000e+00 +0.0000000000e+00 +6.6405147231e+02 6.6405147231e+0\
2 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00
       -2 -1 0 0 0 501 -0.0000000000e+00 -0.0000000000e+00 -2.0295128003e+02 2.0295128003e+0\
2 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 1.0000e+00
  1000002 1 1 2 502 0 -2.7507584324e+01 -8.9999056134e+01 +1.4986661234e+02 3.9059128183e+0\
2 3.4820260000e+02 0.0000e+00 0.0000e+00
 -1000002 1 1 2 0 501 +2.7507584324e+01 +8.9999056134e+01 +3.1123357995e+02 4.7641147051e+0\
2 3.4820260000e+02 0.0000e+00 0.0000e+00
</event>

For p p > t t~: here is one event:
<event>
 4 1 +6.4196765e+01 4.07972500e+02 7.81653100e-03 1.04105400e-01
        2 -1 0 0 502 0 +0.0000000000e+00 +0.0000000000e+00 +1.5955294766e+03 1.5955294766e+0\
3 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00
       -2 -1 0 0 0 501 -0.0000000000e+00 -0.0000000000e+00 -1.6585318300e+02 1.6585318300e+0\
2 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 1.0000e+00
        6 1 1 2 502 0 -2.7457943898e+02 +2.4715187934e+02 +1.7839267275e+02 4.4527011518e+0\
2 1.7310000000e+02 0.0000e+00 1.0000e+00
       -6 1 1 2 0 501 +2.7457943898e+02 -2.4715187934e+02 +1.2512836208e+03 1.3161125444e+0\
3 1.7310000000e+02 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00

To compare here is a SM t t~ event:
<event>
 4 1 +6.3308000e+01 1.95555800e+02 7.54677100e-03 1.15354400e-01
       -2 -1 0 0 0 501 -0.0000000000e+00 +0.0000000000e+00 +2.6348268062e+02 2.6348268062e+0\
2 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00
        2 -1 0 0 502 0 +0.0000000000e+00 -0.0000000000e+00 -4.0715369959e+02 4.0715369959e+0\
2 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 1.0000e+00
        6 1 1 2 502 0 +3.5491139220e+01 +8.3984817248e+01 +1.9715645673e+02 2.7769180564e+0\
2 1.7300000000e+02 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00
       -6 1 1 2 0 501 -3.5491139220e+01 -8.3984817248e+01 -3.4082747570e+02 3.9294457457e+0\
2 1.7300000000e+02 0.0000e+00 1.0000e+00

So I actually do not spot anything weird at all in term of color structure.
I have check with some old version of MG5aMC and the color structure written in the events is the same since 1.5.12 (older version of MG5aMC can not load such model). Since this is the second time that someone report such a bug, it is likely that this is due to an update in Pythia8. I would suggest to fill a bug report on their tracking system. If they claim that this is due to an additional consistency check that fails, do not hesitate to put in the loop (or to copy their statement here)

Cheers,

Olivier

Benjamin Fuks (fuks) said : #10

Hhhmmm… Those events actually look all perfectly legit. Before going to pythia8, I would like Imran to send us one of the problematic events (he said ttbar was actually working).

Cheers,

Benj

PS: Note that I will decouple in 4 days for vacation

> On 22 Jul 2019, at 10:37 , Olivier Mattelaer <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Question #681981 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/681981
>
> Olivier Mattelaer proposed the following answer:
> Hi,
>
> Here is one event:
> <event>
> 4 1 +2.7718461e-01 3.60695900e+02 7.81653100e-03 1.05830900e-01
> 2 -1 0 0 502 0 +0.0000000000e+00 +0.0000000000e+00 +6.6405147231e+02 6.6405147231e+0\
> 2 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00
> -2 -1 0 0 0 501 -0.0000000000e+00 -0.0000000000e+00 -2.0295128003e+02 2.0295128003e+0\
> 2 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 1.0000e+00
> 1000002 1 1 2 502 0 -2.7507584324e+01 -8.9999056134e+01 +1.4986661234e+02 3.9059128183e+0\
> 2 3.4820260000e+02 0.0000e+00 0.0000e+00
> -1000002 1 1 2 0 501 +2.7507584324e+01 +8.9999056134e+01 +3.1123357995e+02 4.7641147051e+0\
> 2 3.4820260000e+02 0.0000e+00 0.0000e+00
> </event>
>
>
> For p p > t t~: here is one event:
> <event>
> 4 1 +6.4196765e+01 4.07972500e+02 7.81653100e-03 1.04105400e-01
> 2 -1 0 0 502 0 +0.0000000000e+00 +0.0000000000e+00 +1.5955294766e+03 1.5955294766e+0\
> 3 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00
> -2 -1 0 0 0 501 -0.0000000000e+00 -0.0000000000e+00 -1.6585318300e+02 1.6585318300e+0\
> 2 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 1.0000e+00
> 6 1 1 2 502 0 -2.7457943898e+02 +2.4715187934e+02 +1.7839267275e+02 4.4527011518e+0\
> 2 1.7310000000e+02 0.0000e+00 1.0000e+00
> -6 1 1 2 0 501 +2.7457943898e+02 -2.4715187934e+02 +1.2512836208e+03 1.3161125444e+0\
> 3 1.7310000000e+02 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00
>
> To compare here is a SM t t~ event:
> <event>
> 4 1 +6.3308000e+01 1.95555800e+02 7.54677100e-03 1.15354400e-01
> -2 -1 0 0 0 501 -0.0000000000e+00 +0.0000000000e+00 +2.6348268062e+02 2.6348268062e+0\
> 2 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00
> 2 -1 0 0 502 0 +0.0000000000e+00 -0.0000000000e+00 -4.0715369959e+02 4.0715369959e+0\
> 2 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 1.0000e+00
> 6 1 1 2 502 0 +3.5491139220e+01 +8.3984817248e+01 +1.9715645673e+02 2.7769180564e+0\
> 2 1.7300000000e+02 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00
> -6 1 1 2 0 501 -3.5491139220e+01 -8.3984817248e+01 -3.4082747570e+02 3.9294457457e+0\
> 2 1.7300000000e+02 0.0000e+00 1.0000e+00
>
> So I actually do not spot anything weird at all in term of color structure.
> I have check with some old version of MG5aMC and the color structure written in the events is the same since 1.5.12 (older version of MG5aMC can not load such model). Since this is the second time that someone report such a bug, it is likely that this is due to an update in Pythia8. I would suggest to fill a bug report on their tracking system. If they claim that this is due to an additional consistency check that fails, do not hesitate to put in the loop (or to copy their statement here)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Olivier
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are assigned to this
> question.

Imran Alkhatib (ialkhatib) said : #11

Hello, sorry for the delay,

Here's an event:

<event>
 6 1 +2.9663824e-02 9.00190800e+02 7.81653100e-03 9.42569100e-02
       21 -1 0 0 501 502 +0.0000000000e+00 +0.0000000000e+00 +2.0105417061e+03 2.0105417061e+03 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 1.0000e+00
       21 -1 0 0 502 503 -0.0000000000e+00 -0.0000000000e+00 -4.3384405948e+02 4.3384405948e+02 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00
  2000006 2 1 2 501 0 -2.7124735964e+02 -5.8100604956e+02 +4.6054683513e+02 1.0111611386e+03 6.3182299831e+02 0.0000e+00 0.0000e+00
  1000023 1 3 3 0 0 -7.6993598914e+01 -1.2258358643e+02 +4.5447945681e+02 5.1324298136e+02 1.8950470000e+02 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00
        4 1 3 3 501 0 -1.9425376073e+02 -4.5842246313e+02 +6.0673783188e+00 4.9791815727e+02 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00
 -2000006 1 1 2 0 503 +2.7124735964e+02 +5.8100604956e+02 +1.1161508115e+03 1.4332246270e+03 6.3023570000e+02 0.0000e+00 0.0000e+00
<mgrwt>
<rscale> 2 0.89991232E+03</rscale>
<asrwt>0</asrwt>
<pdfrwt beam="1"> 1 21 0.30931410E+00 0.90019079E+03</pdfrwt>
<pdfrwt beam="2"> 1 21 0.66745241E-01 0.90019079E+03</pdfrwt>
<totfact> 0.38271422E+01</totfact>
</mgrwt>
</event>

Imran Alkhatib (ialkhatib) said : #12

This is for p p > t2 t2~, t2 > n2 j

Benjamin Fuks (fuks) said : #13

Hi,

This looks to be a normal MSSM process (with flavor violation):
 p p > t2 t2~ with t2 > n2 c
and I do not see what is wrong with this event. Can you try to feed pythia with it and let us know what is the outcome. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Benjamin

> On 22 Jul 2019, at 20:12 , Imran Alkhatib <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Question #681981 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/681981
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> Imran Alkhatib is still having a problem:
> Hello, sorry for the delay,
>
> Here's an event:
>
>
> <event>
> 6 1 +2.9663824e-02 9.00190800e+02 7.81653100e-03 9.42569100e-02
> 21 -1 0 0 501 502 +0.0000000000e+00 +0.0000000000e+00 +2.0105417061e+03 2.0105417061e+03 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 1.0000e+00
> 21 -1 0 0 502 503 -0.0000000000e+00 -0.0000000000e+00 -4.3384405948e+02 4.3384405948e+02 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00
> 2000006 2 1 2 501 0 -2.7124735964e+02 -5.8100604956e+02 +4.6054683513e+02 1.0111611386e+03 6.3182299831e+02 0.0000e+00 0.0000e+00
> 1000023 1 3 3 0 0 -7.6993598914e+01 -1.2258358643e+02 +4.5447945681e+02 5.1324298136e+02 1.8950470000e+02 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00
> 4 1 3 3 501 0 -1.9425376073e+02 -4.5842246313e+02 +6.0673783188e+00 4.9791815727e+02 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00
> -2000006 1 1 2 0 503 +2.7124735964e+02 +5.8100604956e+02 +1.1161508115e+03 1.4332246270e+03 6.3023570000e+02 0.0000e+00 0.0000e+00
> <mgrwt>
> <rscale> 2 0.89991232E+03</rscale>
> <asrwt>0</asrwt>
> <pdfrwt beam="1"> 1 21 0.30931410E+00 0.90019079E+03</pdfrwt>
> <pdfrwt beam="2"> 1 21 0.66745241E-01 0.90019079E+03</pdfrwt>
> <totfact> 0.38271422E+01</totfact>
> </mgrwt>
> </event>
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are assigned to this
> question.

Imran Alkhatib (ialkhatib) said : #14

Hey Benjamin,

This is what I get as the Pythia 8 log:

-------- LHA initialization information ------------

  beam kind energy pdfgrp pdfset
     A 2212 6500.000 0 247000
     B 2212 6500.000 0 247000

  Event weighting strategy = -4

  Processes, with strategy-dependent cross section info
  number xsec (pb) xerr (pb) xmax (pb)
       1 2.9664e-02 1.9828e-04 2.9664e-02

 -------- End LHA initialization information --------

Begin event # 0
 PYTHIA Error in Pythia::check: unknown particle code , i = 22, id = -2000304
 PYTHIA Error in Pythia::check: charge not conserved
 PYTHIA Error in Pythia::next: check of event revealed problems
 PYTHIA Abort from Pythia::next: parton+hadronLevel failed; giving up

Begin event # 1
 PYTHIA Abort from Pythia::next: reached end of Les Houches Events File

 *------- PYTHIA Event and Cross Section Statistics -------------------------------------------------------------*
 | |
 | Subprocess Code | Number of events | sigma +- delta |
 | | Tried Selected Accepted | (estimated) (mb) |
 | | | |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
 | | | |
 | Les Houches User Process(es) 9999 | 1 1 0 | 0.000e+00 0.000e+00 |
 | ... whereof user classification code 1 | 1 1 0 | |
 | | | |
 | sum | 1 1 0 | 0.000e+00 0.000e+00 |
 | |
 *------- End PYTHIA Event and Cross Section Statistics ----------------------------------------------------------*

 *------- PYTHIA Error and Warning Messages Statistics ----------------------------------------------------------*
 | |
 | times message |
 | |
 | 1 Abort from Pythia::next: parton+hadronLevel failed; giving up |
 | 1 Abort from Pythia::next: reached end of Les Houches Events File |
 | 10 Error in Pythia::check: charge not conserved |
 | 10 Error in Pythia::check: unknown particle code |
 | 10 Error in Pythia::next: check of event revealed problems |
 | 1 Info from SLHAinterface::initSLHA: No MODSEL found, keeping internal SUSY switched off |
 | 1 Info from SLHAinterface::initSLHA: importing MASS entries |
 | 1 Warning in SLHAinterface::initSLHA: ignoring DECAY tables |
 | 1 Warning in SLHAinterface::initSLHA: ignoring MASS entries |
 | 31 Warning in SLHAinterface::initSLHA: ignoring QNUMBERS |
 | 1 Warning in SLHAinterface::initSLHA: ignoring empty DECAY tables |
 | |
 *------- End PYTHIA Error and Warning Messages Statistics ------------------------------------------------------*

Benjamin Fuks (fuks) said : #15

Hi,

I indeed do not understand the crash. Can you please see with the pythia people?

Cheers,

Benjamin

> On 25 Jul 2019, at 22:02 , Imran Alkhatib <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Question #681981 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/681981
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> Imran Alkhatib is still having a problem:
> Hey Benjamin,
>
> This is what I get as the Pythia 8 log:
>
> -------- LHA initialization information ------------
>
> beam kind energy pdfgrp pdfset
> A 2212 6500.000 0 247000
> B 2212 6500.000 0 247000
>
> Event weighting strategy = -4
>
> Processes, with strategy-dependent cross section info
> number xsec (pb) xerr (pb) xmax (pb)
> 1 2.9664e-02 1.9828e-04 2.9664e-02
>
> -------- End LHA initialization information --------
>
> Begin event # 0
> PYTHIA Error in Pythia::check: unknown particle code , i = 22, id = -2000304
> PYTHIA Error in Pythia::check: charge not conserved
> PYTHIA Error in Pythia::next: check of event revealed problems
> PYTHIA Abort from Pythia::next: parton+hadronLevel failed; giving up
>
> Begin event # 1
> PYTHIA Abort from Pythia::next: reached end of Les Houches Events File
>
> *------- PYTHIA Event and Cross Section Statistics -------------------------------------------------------------*
> | |
> | Subprocess Code | Number of events | sigma +- delta |
> | | Tried Selected Accepted | (estimated) (mb) |
> | | | |
> |-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> | | | |
> | Les Houches User Process(es) 9999 | 1 1 0 | 0.000e+00 0.000e+00 |
> | ... whereof user classification code 1 | 1 1 0 | |
> | | | |
> | sum | 1 1 0 | 0.000e+00 0.000e+00 |
> | |
> *------- End PYTHIA Event and Cross Section Statistics ----------------------------------------------------------*
>
> *------- PYTHIA Error and Warning Messages Statistics ----------------------------------------------------------*
> | |
> | times message |
> | |
> | 1 Abort from Pythia::next: parton+hadronLevel failed; giving up |
> | 1 Abort from Pythia::next: reached end of Les Houches Events File |
> | 10 Error in Pythia::check: charge not conserved |
> | 10 Error in Pythia::check: unknown particle code |
> | 10 Error in Pythia::next: check of event revealed problems |
> | 1 Info from SLHAinterface::initSLHA: No MODSEL found, keeping internal SUSY switched off |
> | 1 Info from SLHAinterface::initSLHA: importing MASS entries |
> | 1 Warning in SLHAinterface::initSLHA: ignoring DECAY tables |
> | 1 Warning in SLHAinterface::initSLHA: ignoring MASS entries |
> | 31 Warning in SLHAinterface::initSLHA: ignoring QNUMBERS |
> | 1 Warning in SLHAinterface::initSLHA: ignoring empty DECAY tables |
> | |
> *------- End PYTHIA Error and Warning Messages Statistics ------------------------------------------------------*
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are assigned to this
> question.

Imran Alkhatib (ialkhatib) said : #16

If this may help anyone:

p p > su6 su6~, su6 > n4 j, su6~ > n4 j runs through Pythia8 smoothly.

Hi,

I discuss this with a Pythia8 author today and they suggest to install the (really) latest version of their code.
They are aware of issue related to this and this latest version was released to fix such issue.

Cheers,

Olivier