Unable to apply cuts in run_card

Asked by Anamika Aggarwal on 2018-03-20

Hi Madgraph Experts,

I want to produce H->WW samples (VBF) for high pt higgs. for the same, I did the following:

generate p p > j j h $$ w+ w- z , h > w+ w- > l+ vl l- vl~ QCD =0

And for high pt higgs, I tried to make a cut of the minimum pt of Higgs in the run_card.dat as follows:

#*********************************************************************#
 -1.0 = ptjmax ! maximum pt for the jets
 -1.0 = ptbmax ! maximum pt for the b
 -1.0 = ptamax ! maximum pt for the photons
 -1.0 = ptlmax ! maximum pt for the charged leptons
 -1.0 = missetmax ! maximum missing Et (sum of neutrino's momenta)
 {25: 300.0} = pt_min_pdg ! pt cut for other particles (use pdg code). Applied on particle and anti-particle
 {} = pt_max_pdg ! pt cut for other particles (syntax e.g. {6: 100, 25: 50})
#*********************************************************************#

But when I made plots for Higgs Pt, there seems to be no cut on it as if this command was not taken into account. I am not sure why it doesn't work. Could you please help me with the same.

Thanks and Regards,
Anamika

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
2018-03-22
Last reply:
2018-03-22

Hi,

Cut are only applied on final state not on propagator.
My advise here would be to make the decay in madspin (with spinmode=none mode)
This allow you to put such pt cut.

i.e. the following list of command should make it work (need 2.6.1 for some of the command)

> generate p p > j j h $$ w+ w- z
> output
> launch
> madspin=none
> set pt_min_pdg {25: 300.0}
> decay h > w+ w- > l+ vl l- vl~ QCD =0

Cheers,

Olivier

> On 20 Mar 2018, at 16:52, Anamika Aggarwal <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> New question #666825 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825
>
> Hi Madgraph Experts,
>
> I want to produce H->WW samples (VBF) for high pt higgs. for the same, I did the following:
>
> generate p p > j j h $$ w+ w- z , h > w+ w- > l+ vl l- vl~ QCD =0
>
> And for high pt higgs, I tried to make a cut of the minimum pt of Higgs in the run_card.dat as follows:
>
> #*********************************************************************#
> -1.0 = ptjmax ! maximum pt for the jets
> -1.0 = ptbmax ! maximum pt for the b
> -1.0 = ptamax ! maximum pt for the photons
> -1.0 = ptlmax ! maximum pt for the charged leptons
> -1.0 = missetmax ! maximum missing Et (sum of neutrino's momenta)
> {25: 300.0} = pt_min_pdg ! pt cut for other particles (use pdg code). Applied on particle and anti-particle
> {} = pt_max_pdg ! pt cut for other particles (syntax e.g. {6: 100, 25: 50})
> #*********************************************************************#
>
> But when I made plots for Higgs Pt, there seems to be no cut on it as if this command was not taken into account. I am not sure why it doesn't work. Could you please help me with the same.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Anamika
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.

Anamika Aggarwal (anamikaagg) said : #2

Hi Olivier,

Thanks. I tried doing the same and got the following error for madspin
(Madgraph version 2.6.1 is used):

INFO: Extracting the banner ...

INFO: process: p p > j j h

INFO: options: $$ w+ w- z

INFO: detected model: sm. Loading...

set max_weight_ps_point 400 # number of PS to estimate the maximum for
each event

madspin=none

*Command "madspin=none" not recognized, please try again*

set pt_min_pdg {25: 300.0}

*Command "generate_events run_01" interrupted with error:*

*InvalidCmd : Unknown options pt_min_pdg*

*Please report this bug on https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo>*

*More information is found in
'/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HWW/run_01_tag_1_debug.log
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HWW/run_01_tag_1_debug.log>'.*

*Please attach this file to your report.*

INFO: storing files of previous run

gzipping output file: unweighted_events.lhe

Could you please help me with the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Anamika

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 5:08 PM, Olivier Mattelaer <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #666825 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Olivier Mattelaer proposed the following answer:
> Hi,
>
> Cut are only applied on final state not on propagator.
> My advise here would be to make the decay in madspin (with spinmode=none
> mode)
> This allow you to put such pt cut.
>
> i.e. the following list of command should make it work (need 2.6.1 for
> some of the command)
>
> > generate p p > j j h $$ w+ w- z
> > output
> > launch
> > madspin=none
> > set pt_min_pdg {25: 300.0}
> > decay h > w+ w- > l+ vl l- vl~ QCD =0
>
> Cheers,
>
> Olivier
>
> > On 20 Mar 2018, at 16:52, Anamika Aggarwal <question666825@answers.
> launchpad.net> wrote:
> >
> > New question #666825 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO:
> > https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825
> >
> > Hi Madgraph Experts,
> >
> > I want to produce H->WW samples (VBF) for high pt higgs. for the same, I
> did the following:
> >
> > generate p p > j j h $$ w+ w- z , h > w+ w- > l+ vl l- vl~ QCD =0
> >
> > And for high pt higgs, I tried to make a cut of the minimum pt of Higgs
> in the run_card.dat as follows:
> >
> > #*********************************************************************#
> > -1.0 = ptjmax ! maximum pt for the jets
> > -1.0 = ptbmax ! maximum pt for the b
> > -1.0 = ptamax ! maximum pt for the photons
> > -1.0 = ptlmax ! maximum pt for the charged leptons
> > -1.0 = missetmax ! maximum missing Et (sum of neutrino's momenta)
> > {25: 300.0} = pt_min_pdg ! pt cut for other particles (use pdg code).
> Applied on particle and anti-particle
> > {} = pt_max_pdg ! pt cut for other particles (syntax e.g. {6: 100,
> 25: 50})
> > #*********************************************************************#
> >
> > But when I made plots for Higgs Pt, there seems to be no cut on it as if
> this command was not taken into account. I am not sure why it doesn't work.
> Could you please help me with the same.
> >
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Anamika
> >
> > --
> > You received this question notification because you are an answer
> > contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825/+
> confirm?answer_id=0
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Hi,

I can just confirm that it works nicely for me.
I did
./bin/mg5_aMC PATH_TO_FILE
where PATH_TO_FILE contains the line mention above.

Here is the interesting part of the log:

> generate_events run_01
> The following switches determine which programs are run:
> /=================== Description ===================|================== values ===================|===== other options ======\
> | 1. Choose the shower/hadronization program | shower = OFF | Pythia6|Pythia8 |
> | 2. Choose the detector simulation program | detector = OFF | PGS|Delphes |
> | 3. Choose an analysis package (plot/convert) | analysis = MadAnalysis4 | MadAnalysis5|OFF |
> | 4. Decay onshell particles | madspin = none | OFF|ON|onshell |
> | 5. Add weights to events for new hypp. | reweight = OFF | ON |
> \============================================================================================================================/
> Either type the switch number (1 to 5) to change its setting,
> Set any switch explicitly (e.g. type 'shower=Pythia6' at the prompt)
> Type 'help' for the list of all valid option
> Type '0', 'auto', 'done' or just press enter when you are done.
> INFO: writting at line 22 of the file madspin_card.dat the line: "set spinmode none"
> DEBUG: not keep in sync: /Users/omattelaer/Documents/workspace/2.6.1/PROC_sm_4/Cards/madspin_card.dat
> set pt_min_pdg {25: 300.0}
> INFO: modify parameter pt_min_pdg of the run_card.dat to {'25': 300.0}
> decay h > w+ w- > l+ vl l- vl~ QCD =0
> INFO: change madspin_card to define the decay of h: h > w+ w- > l+ vl l- vl~ QCD =0
> DEBUG: not keep in sync: /Users/omattelaer/Documents/workspace/2.6.1/PROC_sm_4/Cards/madspin_card.dat

Maybe MadSpin can not run on your machine for some reason. Are you allow to turn madspin to ON?

Cheers,

Olivier

Anamika Aggarwal (anamikaagg) said : #4

Hi Olivier,

I tried it again. Yes, I am able to turn madspin ON.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The following switches determine which programs are run:

/=================== Description ===================|==================
values ===================|======== other options ========\

| 1. Choose the shower/hadronization program | * shower* = *Not
Avail.* | Please install module |

| 2. Choose the detector simulation program | * detector* = *Not
Avail.* | Please install module |

| 3. Choose an analysis package (plot/convert) | * analysis* = OFF
                        | MadAnalysis5 |

| 4. Decay onshell particles | * madspin* = none
                      | OFF|ON|onshell |

| 5. Add weights to events for new hypp. | * reweight* = OFF
                        | ON |

\=================================================================================================================================/

Either type the switch number (1 to 5) to change its setting,

Set any switch explicitly (e.g. type 'madspin=OFF' at the prompt)

Type 'help' for the list of all valid option

Type '0', 'auto', 'done' or just press enter when you are done.

*****************************************************************************************
*****************************************************************************

************************************************************

* *

* W E L C O M E to M A D S P I N *

* *

************************************************************

INFO: Extracting the banner ...

INFO: process: p p > j j h

INFO: options: $$ w+ w- z

INFO: detected model: sm. Loading...

set spinmode none

set max_weight_ps_point 400 # number of PS to estimate the maximum for
each event

set pt_min_pdg {25: 300.0}

*Command "generate_events run_03" interrupted with error:*

*InvalidCmd : Unknown options pt_min_pdg*

*Please report this bug on https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo>*

*More information is found in
'/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HWW/run_03_tag_1_debug.log
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HWW/run_03_tag_1_debug.log>'.*

*Please attach this file to your report.*

INFO: storing files of previous run

gzipping output file: unweighted_events.lhe

*This is how my madspin_card.dat looks like:*

#************************************************************

#* MadSpin *

#* *

#* P. Artoisenet, R. Frederix, R. Rietkerk, O. Mattelaer *

#* *

#* Part of the MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Framework: *

#* The MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Development Team - Find us at *

#* https://server06.fynu.ucl.ac.be/projects/madgraph *

#* *

#* Manual: *

#* cp3.irmp.ucl.ac.be/projects/madgraph/wiki/MadSpin *

#* *

#************************************************************

#Some options (uncomment to apply)

#

# set seed 1

# set Nevents_for_max_weigth 75 # number of events for the estimate of the
max. weight

# set BW_cut 15 # cut on how far the particle can be
off-shell

 set spinmode none

 set max_weight_ps_point 400 # number of PS to estimate the maximum for
each event

# specify the decay for the final state particles

#decay t > w+ b, w+ > all all

#decay t~ > w- b~, w- > all all

#decay w+ > all all

#decay w- > all all

#decay z > all all

#madspin=none

set pt_min_pdg {25: 300.0}

decay h > w+ w- > l+ vl l- vl~ QCD =0

# running the actual code

launch

Could you please check the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Anamika

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 5:57 PM, Olivier Mattelaer <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #666825 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Olivier Mattelaer proposed the following answer:
> Hi,
>
> I can just confirm that it works nicely for me.
> I did
> ./bin/mg5_aMC PATH_TO_FILE
> where PATH_TO_FILE contains the line mention above.
>
> Here is the interesting part of the log:
>
> > generate_events run_01
> > The following switches determine which programs are run:
> > /=================== Description ===================|==================
> values ===================|===== other options ======\
> > | 1. Choose the shower/hadronization program | shower =
> OFF | Pythia6|Pythia8 |
> > | 2. Choose the detector simulation program | detector =
> OFF | PGS|Delphes |
> > | 3. Choose an analysis package (plot/convert) | analysis =
> MadAnalysis4 | MadAnalysis5|OFF |
> > | 4. Decay onshell particles | madspin =
> none | OFF|ON|onshell |
> > | 5. Add weights to events for new hypp. | reweight =
> OFF | ON |
> > \===========================================================
> =================================================================/
> > Either type the switch number (1 to 5) to change its setting,
> > Set any switch explicitly (e.g. type 'shower=Pythia6' at the prompt)
> > Type 'help' for the list of all valid option
> > Type '0', 'auto', 'done' or just press enter when you are done.
> > INFO: writting at line 22 of the file madspin_card.dat the line: "set
> spinmode none"
> > DEBUG: not keep in sync: /Users/omattelaer/Documents/
> workspace/2.6.1/PROC_sm_4/Cards/madspin_card.dat
> > set pt_min_pdg {25: 300.0}
> > INFO: modify parameter pt_min_pdg of the run_card.dat to {'25': 300.0}
> > decay h > w+ w- > l+ vl l- vl~ QCD =0
> > INFO: change madspin_card to define the decay of h: h > w+ w- > l+ vl l-
> vl~ QCD =0
> > DEBUG: not keep in sync: /Users/omattelaer/Documents/
> workspace/2.6.1/PROC_sm_4/Cards/madspin_card.dat
>
> Maybe MadSpin can not run on your machine for some reason. Are you allow
> to turn madspin to ON?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Olivier
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825/+
> confirm?answer_id=2
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Hi,

Am I correct that you have in your madspin_card.dat the line:
set pt_min_pdg {25: 300.0}
This line should not be there.

Can you try to remove that line?

Cheers,

Olivier

Anamika Aggarwal (anamikaagg) said : #6

Hi Olivier,

Thanks a lot. It worked but I have another issue now.

When the higgs decays via Madspin, the information of Mother of W bosons
and the leptons are not preserved.
An example of an event from lhe file is as follows:

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

2212 2212 6.500000e+03 6.500000e+03 0 0 247000 247000 -4 1

   +7.3138748e-06 +2.8107354e-08 +7.3138748e-06 1

<generator name='MadGraph5_aMC@NLO' version='2.6.1'>please cite 1405.0301
</generator>

</init>

<event>

11 1 +7.3138748e-06 2.68061800e+02 7.54677100e-03 1.22074900e-01

        1 -1 0 0 501 0 -0.0000000000e+00 +0.0000000000e+00
+5.6126566486e+02 5.6126566486e+02 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00

        2 -1 0 0 502 0 +0.0000000000e+00 -0.0000000000e+00
-1.6429393488e+03 1.6429393488e+03 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00

        2 1 1 2 501 0 +5.1007487353e+01 +4.4380278432e+01
+3.2615817240e+02 3.3309236903e+02 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00

        1 1 1 2 502 0 +1.7817001686e+02 +1.9571670467e+02
-1.4847820175e+03 1.5081867334e+03 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00

       25 2 1 2 0 0 -2.2917750421e+02 -2.4009698310e+02
+7.6950161140e+01 3.6292591121e+02 1.2500000000e+02 0.0000e+00 0.0000e+00

      -24 2 5 5 0 0 -9.1961218255e+01 -1.2982209295e+02
+4.9260450580e+01 1.7391323418e+02 5.0085722034e+01 0.0000e+00 0.0000e+00

       11 1 6 6 0 0 -9.1055935818e+01 -9.5201980504e+01
+3.3906606476e+01 1.3603035875e+02 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00

       24 2 5 5 0 0 -1.3721628597e+02 -1.1027489016e+02
+2.7689710563e+01 1.8901267704e+02 6.3009614171e+01 0.0000e+00 0.0000e+00

      -12 1 6 6 0 0 -9.0528243714e-01 -3.4620112448e+01
+1.5353844104e+01 3.7882875432e+01 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 1.0000e+00

      -13 1 8 8 0 0 -9.0100347639e+01 -9.8560148067e+01
+8.5538095341e-01 1.3353990830e+02 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 1.0000e+00

       14 1 8 8 0 0 -4.7115938326e+01 -1.1714742093e+01
+2.6834329609e+01 5.5472768745e+01 0.0000000000e+00 0.0000e+00 -1.0000e+00

<mgrwt>

<rscale> 0 0.13462605E+03</rscale>

<asrwt>0</asrwt>

<pdfrwt beam="1"> 1 2 0.25275990E+00 0.26806177E+03</pdfrwt>

<pdfrwt beam="2"> 1 1 0.86348565E-01 0.67611929E+02</pdfrwt>

<totfact> 0.63356891E+01</totfact>

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Is there any way this information is preserved?
Thanks and Regards,
Anamika

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 9:38 AM, Olivier Mattelaer <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #666825 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Olivier Mattelaer proposed the following answer:
> Hi,
>
> Am I correct that you have in your madspin_card.dat the line:
> set pt_min_pdg {25: 300.0}
> This line should not be there.
>
> Can you try to remove that line?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Olivier
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825/+
> confirm?answer_id=4
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

What do you mean?

Your events contains the mother information as expected.
I'm a bit surprised that both W are written but this is certainly not a problem for your process at least.

Cheers,

Olivier

On 21 Mar 2018, at 13:23, Anamika Aggarwal <<email address hidden><mailto:<email address hidden>>> wrote:

5.0085722034e+01

Anamika Aggarwal (anamikaagg) said : #8

Hi Olivier,

I am extremely sorry, I misunderstood the format of lhe. It works.
Thank you so much for the help.

That is because I changed h decay from (decay h > w+ w- > l+ vl l- vl~ QCD
=0) to (decay h > w+ w- , w+ > l+ vl, w- > l- vl~ QCD =0). Will this be a
problem? Are both equivalent?

Thanks and Regards,
Anamika

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 1:37 PM, Olivier Mattelaer <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #666825 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Olivier Mattelaer proposed the following answer:
> What do you mean?
>
> Your events contains the mother information as expected.
> I'm a bit surprised that both W are written but this is certainly not a
> problem for your process at least.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Olivier
>
>
> On 21 Mar 2018, at 13:23, Anamika Aggarwal <question666825@answers.
> launchpad.net<mailto:<email address hidden>>> wrote:
>
> 5.0085722034e+01
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825/+
> confirm?answer_id=6
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Hi,

> That is because I changed h decay from (decay h > w+ w- > l+ vl l- vl~ QCD
> =0) to (decay h > w+ w- , w+ > l+ vl, w- > l- vl~ QCD =0). Will this be a
> problem? Are both equivalent?

No they are not equivalent, the second is associate to a phase-space cut to forbid the W to be too off-shell.
While the first does not have such cut. If you look at the invariant mass of the W, you will see the impact of the cut.

Cheers,

Olivier

> On 21 Mar 2018, at 14:02, Anamika Aggarwal <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Question #666825 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> Anamika Aggarwal is still having a problem:
> Hi Olivier,
>
> I am extremely sorry, I misunderstood the format of lhe. It works.
> Thank you so much for the help.
>
> That is because I changed h decay from (decay h > w+ w- > l+ vl l- vl~ QCD
> =0) to (decay h > w+ w- , w+ > l+ vl, w- > l- vl~ QCD =0). Will this be a
> problem? Are both equivalent?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Anamika
>
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 1:37 PM, Olivier Mattelaer <
> <email address hidden>> wrote:
>
>> Your question #666825 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825
>>
>> Status: Open => Answered
>>
>> Olivier Mattelaer proposed the following answer:
>> What do you mean?
>>
>> Your events contains the mother information as expected.
>> I'm a bit surprised that both W are written but this is certainly not a
>> problem for your process at least.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Olivier
>>
>>
>> On 21 Mar 2018, at 13:23, Anamika Aggarwal <question666825@answers.
>> launchpad.net<mailto:<email address hidden>>> wrote:
>>
>> 5.0085722034e+01
>>
>> --
>> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
>> know that it is solved:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825/+
>> confirm?answer_id=6
>>
>> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
>> following page to enter your feedback:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825
>>
>> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>>
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.

Anamika Aggarwal (anamikaagg) said : #10

Hi Olivier,

Thank you so much. All works fine for LO but when I am trying to work for
NLO, it gives me the following error after the launch:

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

*WARNING: fct <function compile_dir at 0x7fc768a29f50> does not return 0.
Stopping the code in a clean way. The error was:*

*A compilation Error occurs when trying to compile
/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HWW_NLO_1/SubProcesses/P0_uc_x0uc
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HWW_NLO_1/SubProcesses/P0_uc_x0uc>.*

*The compilation fails with the following output message:*

* gfortran -O -fno-automatic -ffixed-line-length-132 -c -I. -I../../lib/
check_poles.f*

* check_poles.f:130.15:*

* 1 pmass_rambo, prambo)
         *

* 1*

* Warning: Actual argument contains too few elements for dummy argument
'xm' (6/100) at (1)*

* check_poles.f:160.19:*

* 1 pmass_rambo, prambo)
         *

* 1*

* Warning: Actual argument contains too few elements for dummy argument
'xm' (6/100) at (1)*

* run.inc:74.21:*

* Included at check_poles.f:48:*

* common/to_rwgt/ do_rwgt_scale, rw_Fscale_down, rw_Fscale_up,
rw_Rscale_do*

* 1*

* Warning: Padding of 4 bytes required before 'rw_fscale_down' in COMMON
'to_rwgt' at (1); reorder elements or use -fno-align-commons*

* gfortran -O -fno-automatic -ffixed-line-length-132 -c -I. -I../../lib/
BinothLHA.f*

* gfortran -O -fno-automatic -ffixed-line-length-132 -c -I. -I../../lib/
born_hel.f*

* for dir in `ls -d V*`; do cd $dir; make; cd ../; done*

* make[1]: Entering directory
`/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HWW_NLO_1/SubProcesses/P0_uc_x0uc/V0_uc_x0uc
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HWW_NLO_1/SubProcesses/P0_uc_x0uc/V0_uc_x0uc>'*

* rm -f ../libMadLoop.a *

* gfortran -fno-automatic -ffixed-line-length-132 -O3 -c polynomial.f
-o polynomial.o *

* gfortran -O -fno-automatic -ffixed-line-length-132 -c loop_matrix.f -I
/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include>
-I
/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include>*

* gfortran -O -fno-automatic -ffixed-line-length-132 -c improve_ps.f -I
/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include>
-I
/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include>*

* gfortran -O -fno-automatic -ffixed-line-length-132 -c born_matrix.f -I
/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include>
-I
/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include>*

* gfortran -O -fno-automatic -ffixed-line-length-132 -c loop_num.f -I
/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include>
-I
/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include>*

* gfortran -O -fno-automatic -ffixed-line-length-132 -c CT_interface.f
-I
/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include>
-I
/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include>*

* gfortran -O -fno-automatic -ffixed-line-length-132 -c MadLoopCommons.f
-I
/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include>
-I
/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/include>*

* MadLoopCommons.f:41.9:*

* USE COLLIER
         *

* 1*

* Fatal Error: Cannot read module file 'collier.mod' opened at (1),
because it was created by a different version of GNU Fortran*

* make[1]: *** [MadLoopCommons.o] Error 1*

* make[1]: Leaving directory
`/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HWW_NLO_1/SubProcesses/P0_uc_x0uc/V0_uc_x0uc
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HWW_NLO_1/SubProcesses/P0_uc_x0uc/V0_uc_x0uc>'*

* gfortran -o check_poles parton_lum_1.o parton_lum_2.o parton_lum_3.o
parton_lum_chooser.o matrix_1.o matrix_2.o matrix_3.o real_me_chooser.o
leshouche_inc_chooser.o fks_inc_chooser.o setcuts.o setscales.o born.o
sborn_sf.o b_sf_001.o b_sf_002.o b_sf_003.o b_sf_004.o b_sf_005.o
b_sf_006.o fks_Sij.o fastjetfortran_madfks_core.o fjcore.o
fastjet_wrapper.o fks_singular.o veto_xsec.o montecarlocounter.o
reweight_xsec.o boostwdir2.o configs_and_props_inc_chooser.o initcluster.o
cluster.o reweight.o get_color.o FKSParamReader.o iproc_map.o MC_integer.o
reweight_xsec_events_pdf_dummy.o appl_interface_dummy.o genps_fks.o
weight_lines.o cuts.o pythia_unlops.o recluster.o check_poles.o BinothLHA.o
born_hel.o -L../../lib/ libMadLoop.a -lcts -liregi
-L/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/lib/
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/lib/>
-lninja
-L/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/lib/
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/lib/>
-lavh_olo
-L/afs/cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/collier/
<http://cern.ch/work/a/aaggarwa/private/workdir/analysisdir/MG5_aMC_v2_6_1/HEPTools/collier/>
-lcollier -L../../lib/ -ldhelas -lgeneric -lmodel -lpdf -lcernlib
-lstdc++ -lstdc++ *

* gfortran: error: libMadLoop.a: No such file or directory*

* make: *** [check_poles] Error 1*

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I did the following :
>import HC_NLO_X0_UFO-no_b_mass
> define l+ = e+ mu+
> define l- = e- mu-
> define vl = ve vm vt
> define vl~ = ve~ vm~ vt~
> define p = g u c d s u~ c~ d~ s~
> define j = g u c d s u~ c~ d~ s~
> generate p p > j j x0 $$ w+ w- z [QCD]
>output
>launch
>madspin=none
>set pt_min_pdg {25: 300.0}

And in the madspin_card.dat:

 set spinmode none

 set max_weight_ps_point 400 # number of PS to estimate the maximum for
each event

decay x0 > w+ w- > l+ vl l- vl~ [QCD]

# running the actual code

launch

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Could you please see into this.
Thanks and Regards,
Anamika

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 2:22 PM, Olivier Mattelaer <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #666825 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Olivier Mattelaer proposed the following answer:
> Hi,
>
> > That is because I changed h decay from (decay h > w+ w- > l+ vl l- vl~
> QCD
> > =0) to (decay h > w+ w- , w+ > l+ vl, w- > l- vl~ QCD =0). Will this be a
> > problem? Are both equivalent?
>
> No they are not equivalent, the second is associate to a phase-space cut
> to forbid the W to be too off-shell.
> While the first does not have such cut. If you look at the invariant mass
> of the W, you will see the impact of the cut.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Olivier
>
>
> > On 21 Mar 2018, at 14:02, Anamika Aggarwal <question666825@answers.
> launchpad.net> wrote:
> >
> > Question #666825 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> > https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825
> >
> > Status: Answered => Open
> >
> > Anamika Aggarwal is still having a problem:
> > Hi Olivier,
> >
> > I am extremely sorry, I misunderstood the format of lhe. It works.
> > Thank you so much for the help.
> >
> > That is because I changed h decay from (decay h > w+ w- > l+ vl l- vl~
> QCD
> > =0) to (decay h > w+ w- , w+ > l+ vl, w- > l- vl~ QCD =0). Will this be a
> > problem? Are both equivalent?
> >
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Anamika
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 1:37 PM, Olivier Mattelaer <
> > <email address hidden>> wrote:
> >
> >> Your question #666825 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> >> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825
> >>
> >> Status: Open => Answered
> >>
> >> Olivier Mattelaer proposed the following answer:
> >> What do you mean?
> >>
> >> Your events contains the mother information as expected.
> >> I'm a bit surprised that both W are written but this is certainly not a
> >> problem for your process at least.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> Olivier
> >>
> >>
> >> On 21 Mar 2018, at 13:23, Anamika Aggarwal <question666825@answers.
> >> launchpad.net<mailto:<email address hidden>>> wrote:
> >>
> >> 5.0085722034e+01
> >>
> >> --
> >> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> >> know that it is solved:
> >> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825/+
> >> confirm?answer_id=6
> >>
> >> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> >> following page to enter your feedback:
> >> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825
> >>
> >> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
> >>
> >
> > --
> > You received this question notification because you are an answer
> > contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825/+
> confirm?answer_id=8
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/666825
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Dear Anamika,

Looks like that you change your compiler and that you have conflict with the compiler used to compile collier.
You need to stick to one version of the compiler.

Now the following syntax does not make sense to me.
decay x0 > w+ w- > l+ vl l- vl~ [QCD]
How can you ask QCD NLO for the decay when this process is pure electroweak.
What are you trying to add as loop/contribution here?

Cheers,

Olivier

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask Anamika Aggarwal for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.