SysCalc installed but still showing failed

Asked by SUBHASISH BEHERA

Dear Oliver,
     I have installed the SysCalc successfully with the following commands and output :-

MG5_aMC>install SysCalc
Downloading http://madgraph.hep.uiuc.edu/Downloads/SysCalc_V1.1.6.tar.gz
--2016-04-26 00:36:04-- http://madgraph.hep.uiuc.edu/Downloads/SysCalc_V1.1.6.tar.gz
Connecting to 202.141.80.80:3128... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 38831 (38K) [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: ‘SysCalc.tgz’

SysCalc.tgz 100%[=========================================================================>] 37.92K --.-KB/s in 0s

2016-04-26 00:36:04 (82.6 MB/s) - ‘SysCalc.tgz’ saved [38831/38831]

compile SysCalc. This might takes a while.
cd src; make
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/shibananda/RESEARCH/EVENT_GENERATORS/MG5_aMC_v2_3_3/SysCalc/src'
gfortran -c alfas_functions.f
g++ -O -DDROP_CGAL -I../include -I/home/shibananda/RESEARCH/PACKAGES_USE/LHAPDF616/include -c SysCalc.cc
g++ -O -DDROP_CGAL -I../include -I/home/shibananda/RESEARCH/PACKAGES_USE/LHAPDF616/include -c tinyxml2.cpp
g++ -O -DDROP_CGAL -I../include -I/home/shibananda/RESEARCH/PACKAGES_USE/LHAPDF616/include -c sys_calc.cc
g++ -o ../sys_calc SysCalc.o tinyxml2.o alfas_functions.o sys_calc.o -L/home/shibananda/RESEARCH/PACKAGES_USE/LHAPDF616/lib -lLHAPDF -lgfortran
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/shibananda/RESEARCH/EVENT_GENERATORS/MG5_aMC_v2_3_3/SysCalc/src'
Compilation succeeded
MG5_aMC>

But still having the following problem with error as "SysCalc Failed. Please read the associate log to see the reason. Did you install the associate PDF set?" :-

INFO: Combining Events
  === Results Summary for run: run_03 tag: tag_1 ===

     Cross-section : 672.1 +- 1.139 pb
     Nb of events : 10000

running syscalc on mode parton
INFO: Calculating systematics for parton level
SysCalc Failed. Please read the associate log to see the reason. Did you install the associate PDF set?
INFO: End syscalc for parton level
store_events
INFO: Storing parton level results
INFO: End Parton
reweight -from_cards
decay_events -from_cards
INFO: Running Pythia
INFO: Creating shower LHE File (for plot)
INFO: Warning! Never use this lhe file for detector studies!
INFO: Creating Pythia LHE Root File
** Reading pythia_events.lhe
** [################################################################] (100.00%)
** Exiting...
running syscalc on mode Pythia
INFO: Calculating systematics for Pythia level
SysCalc Failed. Please read the associate log to see the reason. Did you install the associate PDF set?
INFO: End syscalc for Pythia level
INFO: finish
INFO: prepare PGS run
INFO: Running PGS
INFO: Creating PGS Root File
** Reading pgs_events.lhco
** [################################################################] (100.00%)
** Exiting...
INFO: finish
INFO: prepare delphes run
INFO: Running Delphes

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Edit question
Assignee:
Alexis Kalogeropoulos Edit question
Solved by:
Olivier Mattelaer
Solved:
Last query:
Last reply:

This question was reopened

Revision history for this message
Olivier Mattelaer (olivier-mattelaer) said :
#1

hi,

Did you check the syscalc log file?
The typical error is the missing lhapdf set.
Note that if you use 2.4.0(beta) then the pdf set should be automatically downloaded.

Cheers,

Olivier

Revision history for this message
SUBHASISH BEHERA (subhparasara) said :
#2

Thanks Olivier Mattelaer, that solved my question.

Revision history for this message
SUBHASISH BEHERA (subhparasara) said :
#3

There is no SysCalc log file available. Only output I have attached with
the question.

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 2:52 PM, SUBHASISH BEHERA <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #292302 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/292302
>
> Status: Answered => Solved
>
> You confirmed that the question is solved:
> Thanks Olivier Mattelaer, that solved my question.
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Revision history for this message
Olivier Mattelaer (olivier-mattelaer) said :
#4

Look at the html file crossx.html
and you have a link to the log file of SysCalc (click on systematics )

Cheers,

Olivier

Revision history for this message
SUBHASISH BEHERA (subhparasara) said :
#5

Dear Olivier,
   The log file shows this error :

Init PDF set Ct10nlo.LHgrid
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'LHAPDF::ReadError'
  what(): Info file not found for PDF set 'Ct10nlo'

Thanks,

Subhasish

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 1:02 AM, Olivier Mattelaer <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #292302 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/292302
>
> Olivier Mattelaer posted a new comment:
> Look at the html file crossx.html
> and you have a link to the log file of SysCalc (click on systematics )
>
> Cheers,
>
> Olivier
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Revision history for this message
SUBHASISH BEHERA (subhparasara) said :
#6

Shall I have to change anything in the bottom of the runcard.dat like :

MSTW2008nlo68cl.LHgrid 1 = sys_pdf

to be uncommented. and other sys_pdf to comment.

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 12:13 PM, SUBHASISH BEHERA <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #292302 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/292302
>
> SUBHASISH BEHERA posted a new comment:
> Dear Olivier,
> The log file shows this error :
>
> Init PDF set Ct10nlo.LHgrid
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'LHAPDF::ReadError'
> what(): Info file not found for PDF set 'Ct10nlo'
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Subhasish
>
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 1:02 AM, Olivier Mattelaer <
> <email address hidden>> wrote:
>
> > Your question #292302 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> > https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/292302
> >
> > Olivier Mattelaer posted a new comment:
> > Look at the html file crossx.html
> > and you have a link to the log file of SysCalc (click on systematics )
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Olivier
> >
> > --
> > You received this question notification because you asked the question.
> >
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Revision history for this message
SUBHASISH BEHERA (subhparasara) said :
#7

I still need answer.

Revision history for this message
Best Olivier Mattelaer (olivier-mattelaer) said :
#8

ok it means that you do not have the PDF set.
Please install it manually.

Cheers,

Olivier

> On Apr 28, 2016, at 07:43, SUBHASISH BEHERA <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Question #292302 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/292302
>
> SUBHASISH BEHERA posted a new comment:
> Dear Olivier,
> The log file shows this error :
>
> Init PDF set Ct10nlo.LHgrid
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'LHAPDF::ReadError'
> what(): Info file not found for PDF set 'Ct10nlo'
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Subhasish
>
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 1:02 AM, Olivier Mattelaer <
> <email address hidden>> wrote:
>
>> Your question #292302 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/292302
>>
>> Olivier Mattelaer posted a new comment:
>> Look at the html file crossx.html
>> and you have a link to the log file of SysCalc (click on systematics )
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Olivier
>>
>> --
>> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>>
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.

Revision history for this message
SUBHASISH BEHERA (subhparasara) said :
#9

Dear Olivier,
      I have set pdf as : "lhapdf "and id "21000" which is present inside my PDF set available with my system. But still it is showing the following error :
SysCalc Failed. Please read the associate log to see the reason. Did you install the associate PDF set?

LOG file :

/home/shibananda/RESEARCH/EVENT_GENERATORS/MG5_aMC_v2_4_0_beta/SysCalc/sys_calc: error while loading shared libraries: libLHAPDF.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thanks,

Subhasish

Revision history for this message
SUBHASISH BEHERA (subhparasara) said :
#10

Hi,
   The matter is solved if I do following in the runcard.dat :

# PDF sets and number of members (0 or none for all members).
#Ct10nlo.LHgrid = sys_pdf # matching scales
MSTW2008nlo68cl.LHgrid 1 = sys_pdf

Is it correct way ?

Thanks,

Subhasish

Revision history for this message
Olivier Mattelaer (olivier-mattelaer) said :
#11

Dear Subhasish,

> error while loading shared libraries: libLHAPDF.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This means that lhapdf is not installed correctly and cannot be linked properly from SysCalc.

>The matter is solved if I do following in the runcard.dat :

With the above error, this is impossible that any change in the run_card fixes your problem.

> Is it correct way ?

You ask something else to SysCalc, and you will get a different results.
So this input (as the previous one) is a valid syntax, is it the syntax that you want/need. I do not know.

Revision history for this message
SUBHASISH BEHERA (subhparasara) said :
#12

Dear Olivier,
    The Syscalc log file shows the following :

/home/shibananda/RESEARCH/EVENT_GENERATORS/MG5_aMC_v2_3_3/SysCalc/sys_calc: error while loading shared libraries: libLHAPDF.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

But I have those files (libLHAPDF.a , libLHAPDF.la , libLHAPDF.so , pkgconfig) inside :
RESEARCH/PACKAGES_USE/LHAPDF616/lib/

and the environment for LHAPDF is also set as (inside ".bashrc" file) :

## Set environment variables
    export PATH=/home/shibananda/RESEARCH/PACKAGES_USE/LHAPDF616/bin:$PATH
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/shibananda/RESEARCH/PACKAGES_USE/LHAPDF616/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    export PYTHONPATH=/home/shibananda/RESEARCH/PACKAGES_USE/LHAPDF616/lib64/python2.7/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH

CONTENT OF
libLHAPDF.la :

# libLHAPDF.la - a libtool library file
# Generated by libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4.2 Debian-2.4.2-1.3ubuntu1
#
# Please DO NOT delete this file!
# It is necessary for linking the library.

# The name that we can dlopen(3).
dlname='libLHAPDF.so'

# Names of this library.
library_names='libLHAPDF.so libLHAPDF.so libLHAPDF.so'

# The name of the static archive.
old_library='libLHAPDF.a'

# Linker flags that can not go in dependency_libs.
inherited_linker_flags=''

# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs=' -L../src -L/home/shibananda/RESEARCH/PACKAGES_USE/LHAPDF616/lib'

# Names of additional weak libraries provided by this library
weak_library_names=''

# Version information for libLHAPDF.
current=0
age=0
revision=0

# Is this an already installed library?
installed=yes

# Should we warn about portability when linking against -modules?
shouldnotlink=no

# Files to dlopen/dlpreopen
dlopen=''
dlpreopen=''

# Directory that this library needs to be installed in:
libdir='/home/shibananda/RESEARCH/PACKAGES_USE/LHAPDF616/lib'

Is it ok ???

Revision history for this message
Olivier Mattelaer (olivier-mattelaer) said :
#13

Should be OK in principle.

Since I'm not a C++ expert, I will let the main author of Syscalc comment on this.

Cheers,

Olivier

Revision history for this message
Alexis Kalogeropoulos (alkaloge) said :
#14

Hi

It is not a C++ problem - There is a typo in the PDF set

As reported in the log file,as you say it is

Ct10nlo.LHgrid

but it should be

CT10nlo.LHgrid

The PDF set names are case sensitive

So,SysCalc wont be able to run on the Ct10nlo.LHgrid but will run fine on the MSWT2008 as you have the PDF set spelled correctly

@ Olivier - If I am not wrong, that was supposed to be already fixed in the "default" pick up PDF set by MG behaviour ?

Revision history for this message
SUBHASISH BEHERA (subhparasara) said :
#15

Dear Alexis,
      I have did the above corrections. and also edited run card as :

# PDF sets and number of members (0 or none for all members).
#Ct10nlo.LHgrid = sys_pdf # matching scales
MSTW2008nlo68cl.LHgrid 1 = sys_pdf

      I am still having the same problem :

running syscalc on mode parton
INFO: Calculating systematics for parton level
SysCalc Failed. Please read the associate log to see the reason. Did you install the associate PDF set?
INFO: End syscalc for parton level
store_events

with SysCalc Log file showing :

/home/shibananda/RESEARCH/EVENT_GENERATORS/MG5_aMC_v2_3_3/SysCalc/sys_calc: error while loading shared libraries: libLHAPDF.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Revision history for this message
Alexis Kalogeropoulos (alkaloge) said :
#16

Sorry, cannot reproduce your problem.. Apparently this is something related to your local installation of LHAPDF

Revision history for this message
SUBHASISH BEHERA (subhparasara) said :
#17

Hi Alexis,
    Thank you for your patience. Let me start everything from beginning so
that it can be solved.

Thanks

Subhasish

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 5:42 PM, Alexis Kalogeropoulos <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Your question #292302 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/mg5amcnlo/+question/292302
>
> Alexis Kalogeropoulos posted a new comment:
> Sorry, cannot reproduce your problem.. Apparently this is something
> related to your local installation of LHAPDF
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.
>

Revision history for this message
SUBHASISH BEHERA (subhparasara) said :
#18

Thanks Olivier Mattelaer, that solved my question.