Linking Delphes-3.10 to MG5

Asked by Dominic Smith on 2014-01-21

To whom it may concern,

I am trying to install Delphes in MG5 using the install Delphes but reach the following error:

Downloading http://cp3.irmp.ucl.ac.be/downloads/Delphes-3-current.tar.gz
  % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
                                 Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 765k 100 765k 0 0 1150k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 1151k
compile Delphes. This might takes a while.
>> Generating tmp/classes/ClassesDict.cc
Error: cannot open file "AvailabilityMacros.h" /usr/local/root/include/RConfig.h:376:
Warning: Error occurred during reading source files
Warning: Error occurred during dictionary source generation
!!!Removing tmp/classes/ClassesDict.cc tmp/classes/ClassesDict.h !!!
Error: rootcint: error loading headers...
make: *** [tmp/classes/ClassesDict.cc] Error 1

I have already installed Delphes-3.10 a while back with other datasets. Is there a way to connect this Delphes to MG5 or solve the error above?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Dominic

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
MadGraph5_aMC@NLO Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
Dominic Smith
Solved:
2014-01-22
Last query:
2014-01-22
Last reply:
2014-01-21

Hi,

I have open a ticket on the Delphes web-site:
https://cp3.irmp.ucl.ac.be/projects/delphes/ticket/249

> I have already installed Delphes-3.10 a while back with other datasets. Is there a way to connect this Delphes to MG5 or solve the error above?

you can define where Delphes is install in the file
input/mg5_configuration.txt

Cheers,

Olivier

On Jan 21, 2014, at 7:41 PM, Dominic Smith <email address hidden> wrote:

> New question #242544 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/madgraph5/+question/242544
>
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I am trying to install Delphes in MG5 using the install Delphes but reach the following error:
>
> Downloading http://cp3.irmp.ucl.ac.be/downloads/Delphes-3-current.tar.gz
> % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
> Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
> 100 765k 100 765k 0 0 1150k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 1151k
> compile Delphes. This might takes a while.
>>> Generating tmp/classes/ClassesDict.cc
> Error: cannot open file "AvailabilityMacros.h" /usr/local/root/include/RConfig.h:376:
> Warning: Error occurred during reading source files
> Warning: Error occurred during dictionary source generation
> !!!Removing tmp/classes/ClassesDict.cc tmp/classes/ClassesDict.h !!!
> Error: rootcint: error loading headers...
> make: *** [tmp/classes/ClassesDict.cc] Error 1
>
> I have already installed Delphes-3.10 a while back with other datasets. Is there a way to connect this Delphes to MG5 or solve the error above?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dominic
>
>
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.

Pavel Demin (pavel-demin) said : #2

Dear Dominic,

Looking at the error message, I'd say that some system header files are missing on your computer.

A similar problem (Error: cannot open file "AvailabilityMacros.h") is mentioned on the ROOT forum:

‚Äčhttp://root.cern.ch/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17190&start=75

The solution was to install the latest xcode and command line tools. It's also suggested to run 'xcode-select --install' after re-installing xcode.

Could you, please check the following?

  - latest xcode and command line tools are installed
  - ROOT installation is built for your current OS
  - correct ROOT installation is used when you build Delphes
  - following commands show the same correct location of your ROOT installation

       root-config --libs
       which root-config
       which root

   - the following command returns correct architecture (most probably macosx64)

       root-config --arch

Regards,

Pavel

Pavel Demin (pavel-demin) said : #3

I've just updated http://cp3.irmp.ucl.ac.be/downloads/Delphes-3-current.tar.gz.

Now it points to Delphes-3.0.12.

Dominic Smith (dominic-smith) said : #4

HI Pavel (and Olivier)

Many thanks for your reply, I've managed to point MG to my current version of Delphes.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Dominic

Dominic Smith (dominic-smith) said : #5

Hi Pavel,

I'd just like to add that a colleague had the same problem and indeed doing "xcode-select --install" worked.

Thanks once again.

Best regards,

Dominic

Thanks a lot for this.

Olivier
On Jan 30, 2014, at 4:06 PM, Dominic Smith <email address hidden> wrote:

> Question #242544 on MadGraph5_aMC@NLO changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/madgraph5/+question/242544
>
> Dominic Smith posted a new comment:
> Hi Pavel,
>
> I'd just like to add that a colleague had the same problem and indeed
> doing "xcode-select --install" worked.
>
> Thanks once again.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dominic
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for MadGraph5_aMC@NLO.