Are packages for EOL'd releases still available?
- EOL, packages, old-releases
- Last updated by:
- Lionel Le Folgoc on on 2009-05-14
The official Ubuntu archive has an old-releases address <http://
There is no such thing for Medibuntu, as packages from old unsupported releases are kept on the main mirror. For example, for Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon), creating a "/etc/apt/
will still let users download and install packages for this release.
However, please note that:
* these packages are not updated anymore (no security nor bug fix), and are provided only to avoid breaking migrations with "repository not found" errors ;
* these packages are not visible on the html frontend available at <http://
* the pre-created sources.list.d files for these old unsupported releases are not available on <http://