Problem with Summertime

Asked by j.schirmacher on 2012-03-26

Hi,

the recordingtimetable is unable to get the correct Summertime. Every Record starts exact one hour to late.

(Me-TV 1.3.6 / Ubuntu 11.10)

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Answered
For:
Me TV Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Last query:
Last reply:
Revision history for this message
Frédéric Côté (frederic-cote) said :
#1

Hi,

Me-tv use the system time so if your computer is "on time", me-tv should be
ok. Did you try to delete the faulty scheduled recording and recreate it ?

Cheers,
Fred

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 4:05 AM, j.schirmacher <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> New question #191727 on Me TV:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/me-tv/+question/191727
>
> Hi,
>
> the recordingtimetable is unable to get the correct Summertime. Every
> Record starts exact one hour to late.
>
> (Me-TV 1.3.6 / Ubuntu 11.10)
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for Me TV.
>

--
"In a world without walls, who really needs Windows"
"Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious"

Revision history for this message
j.schirmacher (j-schirmacher) said :
#2

Hi,

my system time ist o.k. And it works fine after an recreate.

But its impossible to recreate every recording during e.g. holidays.

It's a problem to integreate such an time-change-function in the
recording module?

Thanks,

Jörg

> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Frédéric Côté proposed the following answer:
> Hi,
>
> Me-tv use the system time so if your computer is "on time", me-tv should be
> ok. Did you try to delete the faulty scheduled recording and recreate it ?
>
> Cheers,
> Fred
>
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 4:05 AM, j.schirmacher <
> <email address hidden>> wrote:
>
>> New question #191727 on Me TV:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/me-tv/+question/191727
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> the recordingtimetable is unable to get the correct Summertime. Every
>> Record starts exact one hour to late.
>>
>> (Me-TV 1.3.6 / Ubuntu 11.10)
>>
>> --
>> You received this question notification because you are an answer
>> contact for Me TV.
>>
>
>

Revision history for this message
Frédéric Côté (frederic-cote) said :
#3

The informations on scheduled recording is store in unix time (second past
from january first 1970). Then, the time zone is apply (in here it's
UTC-5h00). The probleme is that, in summer time the systeme is still in
UTC-5h00 (with a flag "summer time"). If I change my time zone to UTC-4h00
everything is ok.

I'll look if I can read the state of the time zone in me-v and make it
behave accordingly.

Cheers,
Frederic

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 2:05 PM, j.schirmacher <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> Question #191727 on Me TV changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/me-tv/+question/191727
>
> Status: Answered => Open
>
> j.schirmacher is still having a problem:
> Hi,
>
> my system time ist o.k. And it works fine after an recreate.
>
> But its impossible to recreate every recording during e.g. holidays.
>
> It's a problem to integreate such an time-change-function in the
> recording module?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jörg
>
>
> > Status: Open => Answered
> >
> > Frédéric Côté proposed the following answer:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Me-tv use the system time so if your computer is "on time", me-tv should
> be
> > ok. Did you try to delete the faulty scheduled recording and recreate it
> ?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Fred
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 4:05 AM, j.schirmacher <
> > <email address hidden>> wrote:
> >
> >> New question #191727 on Me TV:
> >> https://answers.launchpad.net/me-tv/+question/191727
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> the recordingtimetable is unable to get the correct Summertime. Every
> >> Record starts exact one hour to late.
> >>
> >> (Me-TV 1.3.6 / Ubuntu 11.10)
> >>
> >> --
> >> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> >> contact for Me TV.
> >>
> >
> >
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you are an answer
> contact for Me TV.
>

--
"In a world without walls, who really needs Windows"
"Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious"

Can you help with this problem?

Provide an answer of your own, or ask j.schirmacher for more information if necessary.

To post a message you must log in.