problem with !.3.2 install from source

Asked by petegreenhorn on 2010-10-14

after following this https://answers.launchpad.net/me-tv/+faq/352 guide to install me-tv from source .
I reach the last 3 lines of the installation proccess and enter "./configure " and get file not found error
i'm not very familiar with the command line but i can follow instructions , hence i don't know how to get further
 thanks for any responses

Question information

Language:
English Edit question
Status:
Solved
For:
Me TV Edit question
Assignee:
No assignee Edit question
Solved by:
Scott Evans
Solved:
2010-10-15
Last query:
2010-10-15
Last reply:
2010-10-15
Scott Evans (vk7hse) said : #1

Hi,

Sounds to me that it is one of two things,

1. You missed changing into the me-tv directory and running ./autogen.sh
(this creates the configure file)

2. Maybe that FAQ is missing a needed dependency (I think its more likely to
be step 1)

If you are using ubuntu 9.10 or greater you would be better to add the
development PPA to then be able to use either synaptic or apt-get to then
install the latest release (v1.3.2) details on how to add the PPA are found
here, https://launchpad.net/~me-tv-development/+archive/ppa just click on
the howto add link and it gives you an example.

Also I'm assuming that you are using ubuntu...

Sent from my HTC Desire

petegreenhorn (peterkdudley) said : #2

On 10/14/2010 09:06 PM, Scott Evans wrote:
> Your question #129456 on Me TV changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/me-tv/+question/129456
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Scott Evans proposed the following answer:
> Hi,
>
> Sounds to me that it is one of two things,
>
> 1. You missed changing into the me-tv directory and running ./autogen.sh
> (this creates the configure file)
>
> 2. Maybe that FAQ is missing a needed dependency (I think its more likely to
> be step 1)
>
> If you are using ubuntu 9.10 or greater you would be better to add the
> development PPA to then be able to use either synaptic or apt-get to then
> install the latest release (v1.3.2) details on how to add the PPA are found
> here, https://launchpad.net/~me-tv-development/+archive/ppa just click on
> the howto add link and it gives you an example.
>
> Also I'm assuming that you are using ubuntu...
>
> Sent from my HTC Desire
>
>
Hi Scott, thanks for your reply , just one question (if thats ok ) ,
i've added the PPA
now is it ok to repeat the whole proccess or is there another way to
repair what i did already
  tia
         regards Pete

Best Scott Evans (vk7hse) said : #3

Hello,

All you need to do is either from the terminal type, sudo apt-get update &&
sudo apt-get install me-tv

Or open synaptic and do a search for me-tv (make sure it's version 1.3.1 or
greater)

Now because you didn't install from source, so you can remove the directory
that was created when you ran the bzr branch command. I'm assuming this will
be in you home directory.

Sent from my HTC Desire

petegreenhorn (peterkdudley) said : #4

Thanks Scott Evans, that solved my question.

petegreenhorn (peterkdudley) said : #5

On 10/15/2010 07:48 AM, Scott Evans wrote:
> Your question #129456 on Me TV changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/me-tv/+question/129456
>
> Status: Open => Answered
>
> Scott Evans proposed the following answer:
> Hello,
>
> All you need to do is either from the terminal type, sudo apt-get update&&
> sudo apt-get install me-tv
>
> Or open synaptic and do a search for me-tv (make sure it's version 1.3.1 or
> greater)
>
> Now because you didn't install from source, so you can remove the directory
> that was created when you ran the bzr branch command. I'm assuming this will
> be in you home directory.
>
> Sent from my HTC Desire
>
>
Hello again Scott .
                        thanks once again for your help i am now
loading channels onto the latest me-tv

                                                              best
regards Pete